Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait how much does the job pay? Are you hiring another pro? Well I need to brush up gaming skill to pro level.

This look like it will be a good show. I will be watching more of this.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
I quite liked it. The best line was probably over the credits "don't look at me like that, he kidnaps people."

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Well, after much deliberation in my head we have finally came to a consensus. Welcome to the weekly video line up. Now, more game related comedy and more awesome parkour platform guy.

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Really bad up front, I won't lie. But the stuff during the credits actually made me want to see more, and so I shall look forward to doing so.
I wish I had been able to get to the credits. Thought this was awful.

mannaroth

Aug 19, 2009
One of the best series openings I've ever seen on the Escapist!! It was really funny and I was looking forever to find the forum post about this just so I could say how awesome it is.

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
Overall, I'm looking forward to it, especially for the horror and RPG masters. Not big on the retro gamer. His acting is way to strong.

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
To make it clear for everyone: We will be releasing our first four episodes here next week and many of the issues that you are bringing up have since been addressed.

We have definitely addressed the Lara Croft costume "issue." It's actually a part of her character development. So, you'll see what's in store and that costume does change by episode 3.

Thanks for the feedback so far. It's what helps us make the show better. We are glad to be here on the Escapist and we look forward to producing the best video series that we can.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Good idea and awesome Platform Master. If the acting improves, this will be really interesting.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
This show has some potential, and judging from the post above, they're aware of the things that need to be fixed.

There were a few solid jokes in there, which is a great start. Looking forward to seeing the improvements and changes. Sometimes it takes some time to settle in and find what works. Look at Top 5, for instance.

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
I have a hard time understanding what is this though, is it some LARP show or are they going to provide "training" for video games?

EDIT: I am saying this because even the more simple games would require at least ten episodes, if the episodes are at the regular Escapist length of 5-7 minutes. For more complex games time can become a big issue - Day9 does a one-hour long daily show about how to improve at Starcraft and he is at Episode 300. I'm having problems seeing this timeframe available for PgG.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
Well. Good idea, RPG master and Platform are almost perfect. Retro master needs to set up his acting slightly he seems great in some shots and than acts unnatural in the others..
Horror seems solid. A better microphone would not hurt on all the actors.

But overall, a very interesting concept. Looking forward to the next show. On what time basis will you be releasing them?

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Our schedule is going to be as follows:

One full-length episode every 4-6 weeks. Our full-length episodes are ~15 minutes long.

On the weeks that we don't have a full-length episode, we will release a 3-5 minute mini-episode involving some or all of the characters from our show.

Next week, we will be releasing all four of our full-length episodes that we have ready right now. Really, we've come quite a long way from this video. So, hopefully, you all will be pleasantly surprised next week with a lot of content.

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
Paul Hearding said:
Next week, we will be releasing all four of our full-length episodes that we have ready right now. Really, we've come quite a long way from this video. So, hopefully, you all will be pleasantly surprised next week with a lot of content.
Uh, well, that's nice, as you guys are already mile above Jimquisition and The Show About Game Show, so knowing you get better can only be good news.

This made me laugh, so I'm definitely watching the next one :)