Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
now you've done it
i thought to myself... that looks weird let's check it out next week
but then the very last bit... the rpg master badmouthing FF13?
totally destroyed the illusion

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
My my my aren't the escapist starting a lot of new features recently (PS : not a bad thing)

Interesting concept, funny, I like it

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
This was in the Escapist Film Festival this year, wasn't it? Is it replacing Creature Caster Masters? Either way, good stuff and I look forward to the next episode.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
This show has me cautiously optimistic, I hope it can be better than the last few shows that came by here.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Paul Hearding said:
Our schedule is going to be as follows:

One full-length episode every 4-6 weeks. Our full-length episodes are ~15 minutes long.

On the weeks that we don't have a full-length episode, we will release a 3-5 minute mini-episode involving some or all of the characters from our show.

Next week, we will be releasing all four of our full-length episodes that we have ready right now. Really, we've come quite a long way from this video. So, hopefully, you all will be pleasantly surprised next week with a lot of content.
Please don't tell me you changed Retro. He had me laughing out loud more than any show I've seen on the escapist.

Cheesy overacting (when done correctly, the small glance at the camera kinda bumped me) I can dig. It shows the actors are invested in the idea and don't care who knows.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I'm not a huge fan of the chick, but the rest of the cast looks like it has potential for hilarity.

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
Looking forward to more, very good.
Only thing that bugged me was the Intro tune, why does every game related show recently have an 8-bit style theme? I get it, but its begging to become unoriginal.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Adequate. I wasn't exactly entertained, but it could go somewhere good once everybody gets settled into their characters and some plot gets underway. Short-shorts needs some stage presence though.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Excellent. I remember seeing this in the video contest and quite enjoyed it. Great to see it getting a full run. :)

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
itf cho said:
Is it just me, or does the lady who played FPS look like she could be Graham Stark's (of LRR) little sister...
Nah, she looks nothing like Kate.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the viewer's choice from the film festival back on the site. Good on the staff for hiring you guys!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
This seems promising. I wonder what The FPS Mistress's mission will be.
Also I wonder what The CEO is like.
Oh, ya and who was the first FPS master?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Intriguing. Definitely gonna give this one a few weeks to see where it goes.

Archmike

Oooglybooglyboo!
Sep 9, 2008
That was really awesome! Keep it up!

Ignore the "that was crap" brigade. Unless they give constructive criticism it's not worth reading. You guys have a decent set up here, I personally cant wait for next week :D

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Well, it's more promising than any show on the Escapist lately, but that's not saying much. I did like some of the jokes (the patching one in particular), it shows potential. Could go either way, since it wasn't a great episode by any means, but there's potential there all right.

I'll definitely check back on it.