Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

MrDefo

Jun 7, 2010
I'm not exactly sure what the premise of this show is. It looks promising, but I hope things become clearer with the next episode.

eafkuor

Nov 2, 2010
I don't understand the people saying it wasn't funny enough. What do you want, just joke after joke after joke?
They were trying to introduce the characters and the concept here, and given the show's complexity I'm amazed they were able to do it in just 5 minutes.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
rpg reminds me of brian blessed.
still its good and i want to see more of these ''gaming masters''.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Random, silly, way over the top... perfect for geek television.
Considerably better than Jimquisition in both production value and entertainment. Any more new shows lined up?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Waaait a minute. This was in the film festival and got an honorable mention. It was my favourite of the entire festival, so I'm very happy to see it here, but I can't help but wonder how it got here??
Anyhow, now that you are on the payroll (I assume) that means you are vulnerable to constructive criticism, so here goes. Loved the script and can really see this show moving forward, a lot of story potential. But your performance needs work. The guy seriously over-acted, it felt like he rehearsed every line a few thousand times and performed it as quickly as he could to get it over with. I could tell, cuz that's the way I imagine I'd act in front of a camera. When I watch it, I'm very much aware that I'm watching actors trying to read lines, I'm not engrossed in the world at all, there's no immersion. I didn't see enough of the others to make any other comments. But regardless of a few minor setbacks, I very much enjoyed it, again, my favourite of the festival. I'm only saying this to help, you did say you wanted constructive criticism and these are things to consider.

AnneSQF

Sep 22, 2009
Yay! I love new shows and this one looks promising.
I can't wait until next week or when ever the 2nd episode airs.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
The patch bit was pretty funny, and to be honest, this was a lot better than what I thought it would be. Since the FPS master's costume will be explained, I will not comment on it, but so far I think it's pretty good.

I am intrigued.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Nice idea, average acting.
I like the Retro Master actor. He did it acceptably.
I used to find these things okay and normal, but then I saw something like Smosh, and I demand BETTER QUALITY.
But well done!

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
*blink* *blink*

Er... Not that I'm sorry to see this or anything (it was one of the entries I rather liked in the Escapist Film Festival) but the rate at which new series are coming and going lately is a little disturbing.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
O gratz for getting picked up by the escaptist! man those short film contests are great, even if you don't win there is still the chance you'll get picked up in the end as the winners fall through with their contractual obligations :D

looking forward to seeing a new episode

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
That wasn't too bad. Not totally impressed, but it's a step up from Jim. The Platformer "patching" the wall hack made me giggle. The RPG master bit was pretty good too, for the most part. A bit of the comedy fell short for me, and came across as very awkward and not well written or delivered, but that's just my personal taste coming into play. I'd like to see how you guys improve as you move forward. I'm intrigued, but not yet impressed.

Verok

Jun 3, 2009
Nice to see you guys have a show on here now. I have watched you guys since you made a post on the Pure Pwnage forums and tried to make a spin off. I would like to say that your new series has a lot more potential and i hope you get a good long running series.

Gilgamesh00

Nov 22, 2008
Awesome new series! Looking forward for the next episodes. Tuesday is it?... *writes mental note*