Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I remember this one from the Video contest, and I enjoyed it then and enjoyed it again now. I am definitely looking forward to seeing more of this series.

Captcha: first tioretie

I guess "tioretie" means "Episode" or "Webisode" in Captcha-land.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
SIXVI06-M said:
But this show isn't meant to be that serious (it ain't Lord of The Rings). On that note- I think everyone else is under-acting, and he seems to be the only one enthusiastic about being in the show.
It's a bit out of place is the point. He's not really acting like a retro gamer, who I imagine would be more like Comic Book Guy from the simpsons. It'd be like having Patrick Stweard in a Transformers movie, in full Picard mode, complete with a Picard Speech among the idiots, douchebags, and the two ni... ebonics-bots.

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
Paul Hearding said:
We have always been open with our viewers. The viewers are the reason that shows exist in the first place and we make a point to emphasize the importance of your feedback to our project. There doesn't have to be a huge divide between content creators and the viewers.
Haven't you guys already made the first 4 (5 including the pilot) episodes? as well as the mini "ask a master" segments over at http://www.progamergauntlet.com? How are you going to incorporate feed back if you have already made the show? or are you starting new just for the escapist?

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
Greenansatsu said:
This series looks like it has a lot of potential, I really enjoyed what I saw except for a bit of overacting in places. I am going to have to wait to see where the plot goes, my only hope is that this series has a planned ending, instead of being infinitely episodic.

Cheers on the new series and best of luck. (great casting decisions btw)
Seconded. Instead of writing my own thoughts I'll just quote this person. It's roughly how I feel.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
The Random One said:
...Hey, this doesn't mean 'Show About Games Show' is done for, is it? I shall display my sorrow through a large emoticon, do notice that more underlines mean more sorrow: T______________________T
If I had to guess, sense it's not on the new vid scroller, that more likely this is a replacement for Creature Caster Master,

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
This COULD be awesome. But I agree with the random poster #4, retro guy was a bit overacting.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
In a dictionary, the definition of nerdasm is this video.
I love the reference mixing. Its hard to pic favorite parts when all are so good. I personally favored the "sandstorm" and "Youve been Patched" parts.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
OniaPL said:
This COULD be awesome. But I agree with the random poster #4, retro guy was a bit overacting.
I think it is part of the character. That he is kinda fakish. Consider the part when he is freaking out about the first FPS person then on the phone instantly goes back to overly cheery.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Saelune said:
I think it is part of the character. That he is kinda fakish. Consider the part when he is freaking out about the first FPS person then on the phone instantly goes back to overly cheery.
I understand that. But I felt like the show failed a bit in bringing the "real" retro guy alive. No problem with the overly cheery marketing/business mode.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
This is... not funny to me in the slightest. I'm sorry, it seems that you guys worked really hard on this, but this just isn't working out. Maybe I'm being overly harsh, after all pilot episodes are usually saddled with having to explain the concept in question. Maybe when we get into some actual scenarios next week the show will be funnier. However, I'm not holding my breath on that.

Shorty11857

Oct 4, 2010
Good concept and definitely a lot of potential even if some parts felt a bit off. Made me laugh though so I'll definitely keep watching

Jimtopia

Slaving away over a hot laptop.
Oct 3, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
If I had to guess, sense it's not on the new vid scroller, that more likely this is a replacement for Creature Caster Master,
Your guess would be incorrect sir. ;) http://jimtopia.tumblr.com/post/5158616949/creature-caster-masters-status

More on-topic, I'm glad to see you guys did end up getting picked up by The Escapist, you really took a lot of time with your series and it shows, I'll definitely be checking these out, and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

eNTi

Sep 8, 2007
how is it, that the quality of some escapist videos is so much lower than those of others? i mean, how cheesy can you get? please, stop trying to be college humour, WHICH TOO SUCKS 9/10, and do the things you do best. you're not actors at any rate. actually all of your episodes with real people acting are absolutely atrocious.