Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I'm liking it. One of the better shows to have come out of the escapist in a while. Glad this one made it past the pilot contest last year.

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
vivster said:
now you've done it
i thought to myself... that looks weird let's check it out next week
but then the very last bit... the rpg master badmouthing FF13?
totally destroyed the illusion
Are you implying that the Master of RPG's should be liking the horrible game that is FF13? Any RPG-fan can see how that game was utterly rubbish :S

OT: I have mixed feelings about this show right now, so we'll see where this goes :D

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
The random throwawy scenes, and the stuff in the credits, were genuinely funny, whereas the humour of the main story seemed somewhat forced. Perhaps a little more of the former, and this show could be damn well worth watching.

Jackle_666

Feb 23, 2010
Going to show not all pilots have to be disasters, I can't wait for more and to talk to those characters more.

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
This wasn't hilarious but it seems like it could be good if given some time to develop and I did actually laugh at several points in the video (which is more than I can say for some other shows we've had here on the Escapist). I look forward to episode 2.

Verrenxnon

Nov 17, 2009
I'd find the concept sound were it not just a tweaking of existing videogame-saluting shows. All this really does is reference and stand on the shoulders of video games without being anything particularly unique and interesting.

Given the documentary, I was hoping for a really interesting documentary.

mcnally86

Apr 23, 2008
itf cho said:
Is it just me, or does the lady who played FPS look like she could be Graham Stark's (of LRR) little sister...
His little sister looks different. Or was that Kathleen's little sister? Its like 3 episodes back on phailhaus.

Adventure master was clearly the best because he has a crown.

zeda12123

Aug 29, 2009
I'll b ehonest, It's pretty funny and I'm looking forward to more.
The acting could use some work and the comedy plot-wise seems strained but over all this was only a pilot, so I'm hopin' things will improve!

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Awesome, I remember this from the contest, looking forward to more!