Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
Kavachi said:
vivster said:
now you've done it
i thought to myself... that looks weird let's check it out next week
but then the very last bit... the rpg master badmouthing FF13?
totally destroyed the illusion
Are you implying that the Master of RPG's should be liking the horrible game that is FF13? Any RPG-fan can see how that game was utterly rubbish :S

OT: I have mixed feelings about this show right now, so we'll see where this goes :D
i am saying that a neutral gamer will see the merits of the game that stand out against many other games
while trolls will pretty much repeat what every other troll is trolling since the release of the game

you know what's utterly rubbish?
to call a game with a score of 85% from 59 different reviews utterly rubbish
a game that is being praised by several well established western reviewers
yeah but why the hell care about stuff that professionals tell you
it's much easier to copy and paste what any troll on this planet already said

god i love this earth

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
stinkychops said:
vivster said:
Kavachi said:
vivster said:
now you've done it
Are you implying that the Master of RPG's should be liking the horrible game that is FF13? Any RPG-fan can see how that game was utterly rubbish :S

OT: I have mixed feelings about this show right now, so we'll see where this goes :D
i am saying that a neutral gamer will see the merits of the game that stand out against many other games
while trolls will pretty much repeat what every other troll is trolling since the release of the game

god i love this earth
It wouldn't be a huge stretch to assume an "RPG" master is a "hardcore" gamer.

FF13 is like a casual FF game. Just because a game is rated well, doesn't mean a 'hardcore' player would like it. The assumption that a hardcore gamer could be neutral is laughable.

The fact you would take this trivial issue as a reason to hate the entire planet indicates to me that YOU are not neutral. I'd go as far as to suggest fanboyism, but I better not.
i really hope you're just trolling with this
the fact alone that you divide between hardcore and casual rpgs is ridiculous

and then your last sentence?
who said i'm hating all people because of this single comment?
my hate for all people goes way back
things like that stupidity just keep piling up and reminding me of the misery
and thanks to you i won't forget about it today either

i love this earth

gardyna

Jun 7, 2010
Paul Hearding said:
To make it clear for everyone: We will be releasing our first four episodes here next week and many of the issues that you are bringing up have since been addressed.

We have definitely addressed the Lara Croft costume "issue." It's actually a part of her character development. So, you'll see what's in store and that costume does change by episode 3.

Thanks for the feedback so far. It's what helps us make the show better. We are glad to be here on the Escapist and we look forward to producing the best video series that we can.
awesome to see PGG on the Escapist but I thought you guys and Screwattack had some kind of a deal or something(the first four episodes are there at least)

anyways love the series RPG is probably my favorite couse he's an unpredictable deuchbag. he's the character I love to hate and the series itself remins me of the office in a way

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
vivster said:
Kavachi said:
vivster said:
now you've done it

god i love this earth
It smells like fanboys in here.....

Also, most reviews should not be trusted, because it is hard to stay objective when you want to keep your job without many game studios out for your blood. Also, implying game reviewers are "proffesional". There are almost no proffesional reviewers, and any gamer can review. Also, with trolls you might be refering to the actual gamers that played FF13, that are actually not under any pressure to falsely praise a rubbish game because they fear their job.

Just sayin'

Tim Chuma

Jul 9, 2010
Looks good so far.

I enjoy seeing these sorts of things as I don't get to play any games these days.

It is good to see the FPS master being someone different than you would expect.

As an aside, I also remember seeing Counterstrike being used in a story about hostage kidnapping in Iraq down to the "the hostage has been rescued" and this was on the government broadcaster you would not expect to do something like that. Don't know if it is online though.

samonix

Nov 17, 2009
nice concept, bad acting, sloppy effects, and that final fantasy line... really? that joke's still funny to people?

Sperium 3000

Mar 16, 2009
I want to see more of RPG Master, thought I didn't like what he said about Final Fantasy XIII, but then again, I'm part of the small group of people that think that game was good and isn't afraid to say it. Oh, alto the Terror Master.

But... Puzzle, RTS, RPG, Terror, Platform, FPS, Retro, Fighting... Am I missing someone? Because I don't think we have seen 11 masters.

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Sperium 3000 said:
But... Puzzle, RTS, RPG, Terror, Platform, FPS, Retro, Fighting... Am I missing someone? Because I don't think we have seen 11 masters.
The 11 are:
Puzzle
Retro
FPS
RPG
Horror
Platform
RTS
Fighting
Racing
MMO
Sports

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
{Edit} Double post. Sorry. So, I might as well make it productive...

There's also a 12th main character that will be introduced in Episode 1.

Zearus

Nov 2, 2010
Sperium 3000 said:
Racing, MMO and Sports

SIR DOOM

Nov 30, 2009
Ya know. I felt like a certain amount of the "cheesiness" of the retro master fit the character. I enjoyed it all for what it was. Looking forward to the next installment.