Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Pilot

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Besides seeming a little too low budget (nice bright orange tip on a gun you have there) and the Retro guy laying the cheese on pretty thick, it was pretty good.

I would have changed the guns for BB guns atleast, they look real while being alot safer than a real gun.

Sperium 3000

Mar 16, 2009
Makes sense that Retro Master as cheesy acting skills, because retro games are all about that. Also, wouldn't make sense to have a Shooter/Shooting Master insteado of FPS? Because not every shooter is in first person, you know.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Certainly my cup of tea, and I hope to hear more from the RPG master, we seem to be on the same Wave Length... "It should have never happened, but here we are, screwed."

Dodgeboyuk

Jul 25, 2010
well for the first person shooters first job my guess would be
getting a total nOOb to LEAD his targets with certain weapons!
or teaching a nOOb to use the Commo-Rose correctly(like enemy boat spotted on dry land ROFL!)

EXAMPLE BELOW:
when i play bf2142 and i try to shoot down a transport with a pilum the first thing i do is predict two/three possabale paths with red lines drawn in my mind!

the next thing is harder judge the speed and rate of assent/decent

then pick a point on the red line to get the kill make adjustments on the go and fire so the shell arrives when the enemy is also arriving at that point
its a simular deal with using tanks to shoot down transports

J.J

Aug 24, 2009
Pilot had me laughing pretty good. I'm excited for the next 4 episodes (if I read an earlier post correctly).

Not sure what to make of the Retro master quite yet, as wacky would make sense that a lot of the old school games were indeed silly. But once he really sits into his character/I can grasp what kind of character he is, I think this series will be pretty solid.

I'm hyped :) Good stuff!

The Moehlinator

Mar 25, 2011
Ha, I liked it. Really, I am pretty full up on opinion pieces. I mean, we have so many intelligent, sarcastic, cynical, witty, inspiring, and sometimes depressing articles/videos concerning what is happening to gaming today, where the industry is headed, what games where crap and which ones where 'must have'....I could go for some light, nerdy humor. Thumbs up.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
Kinda funny but also kinda dumb. I'm interested to see what they have to offer in future episodes.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Before a lazy Sunday let me watch it I thought it was a real life serious people teaching others to play games, but that was awesome. Can't wait for the next one.

"Where is your helm? Why have you not equipped it? *Kicks sand in face*

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
That black dude was hillarious! He made the whole episode for me :D
He should have been the combat trainer tho....why did you guys have to put that weird white guy X_X He looks like he gets his ass kicked alot not the other way around X_X