problem, beat up by a girl and stressing over it.

Mr.Cynic88

Oct 1, 2012
My advice is to not let it have any power. Turn it into a joke. I obviously bugs you, but act like it doesn't.

"I thought I was gonna hit on her, but then she hit me...again and again...man, young love hurts."

Bullying and such is like online trolling. It only works if it gets a reaction. If you act confident and unphased by the event, there's no point in attacking you over it.

You're young, so you might not realize that just like you're far more concerned with yourself and your own social standing than anybody else, so are they. Just like you, they're mostly busy worrying about themselves and what other people think of them.

If you act like it doesn't bug you, than people lose the reason to bug you about it.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
SimpleThunda said:
Seems like it's pretty disproportionate to what you did.

Some people in this thread need to learn how to read. He got fucking pummeled. Two black eyes, cuts, bruises.

All for throwing a ball.

You need to get your revenge in kid. Let people walk over you like that once, you'll never see the end of it.

Girl or not, you need to get even.
He did kinda dare her when he threw the ball back at her a 2nd time.
Also I don't think beating up a girl is good advice in any context.

viscomica

Aug 6, 2013
The moral of the story is: provoke any human being, no matter how frail they look, and they will my friend, beat you up. Also OP, by you constantly saying "if I've known she could hit me that badly I wouldn't have" what you're really saying is "I thought she was incapable of hitting me back so I assumed there was no risk in throwing the ball again at her because 'she looked at me funny'" Dude, just stop, just stop.

toddt2

Dec 29, 2013
viscomica said:
The moral of the story is: provoke any human being, no matter how frail they look, and they will my friend, beat you up. Also OP, by you constantly saying "if I've known she could hit me that badly I wouldn't have" what you're really saying is "I thought she was incapable of hitting me back so I assumed there was no risk in throwing the ball again at her because 'she looked at me funny'" Dude, just stop, just stop.
like I said before, it was a reaction to a heated situation. When I threw it Back at her I never intended to hit her, just threw it by her as another way to say "shut up " and. "quit being so mouthe " and thought that would be the end of it. If I had known she was such a ass kicker that she is, no way would I have done that is all I'm saying.

Nomad

Dire Penguin
Aug 3, 2008
toddt2 said:
I just got a notification that this thread has over a thousand views. Just to update I chickened out on the first game but went to the 2nd game. Soon as she saw me for the first time she started smiling.Then I started to get worried big time, but the game went on and nothing really happened. At half time a couple of the cheerleaders came up and asked me as I was going back to the locker room "so did Lindsey beat you up pretty bad?" I just said "what" and kept going to the locker room. But after the game she came up to me smiling and said sort of jokingly " you want to fight again I'll fuck u up" I just said no. Then she said something like"Why you scared"I didn't say anything and she said to a few of the other girls standing there " see I told ya" they giggle and laughed a little I just kept walking to the locker room. About 6 or 7 minutes later a team mate of my yelled out my name " hey dude there's some girls out here that want to beat you up"

They all had a laugh about it and a few minutes later some of them came over and were asking me if it was true that she beat me up before and all that, at first I said no but then I asked is she still out there?" They said yeah, so I admitted she did so she would leave. Then right after that another teammate came over and said ""no they left they had their coats on." So I was like oh shit I could of denied it, but it really wasn't that big a deal. only a couple of guys were giving me crap about it but mostly in a fun way because she told them how bad she pounded me and said I was "balling my eyes out"The others were just asking me how it happened and "was she pretty tough" stuff like that, so yeah it wasn't that big a deal. My couch didn't even pay much attention to it, he was in sort of a rush to get going and the assistant coach just shrugged it off and said something like "well girls have 2 fists and to feet too" Another kid that went to that school even said as we were leaving "it's no big deal man" because he said he seen her beat up a kid before a couple years ago. So it wasn't all that bad. only a few kids in my school have came up to me and asked me about it too and I just tell them it was mostly a wrestling fight with a few punches getting thrown.
You know, you could have avoided a lot of embarrassment and hassle by just answering "Yep" and shrugging it off.

toddt2 said:
If I had known she was such a ass kicker that she is, no way would I have done that is all I'm saying.
I feel like you're missing the point we've been trying to make.
Her ability to fight back shouldn't matter. The basic stance should be "I will not be mean to people, because that would be mean". It should not be "I will not be mean to people, because it may inconvenience me". If you cut off the first half of the sentence I quoted above, that would be the desirable attitude.

toddt2

Dec 29, 2013
If you were there you would of seen that she was the one that was being mean by threating to kick my ass in the first place. It isn't like I go around looking for a reason to throw stuff at people. I'm the last person who would be intentionally mean to someone, it was a wrong reaction I realize that.All I'm saying is, I was sooo close to not throwing the ball, that's what I regret the most. Yes it was my mistake to assume nothing would happen. I understand what you are saying. Believe me, I don't go around looking to be mean to anyone.

Nomad

Dire Penguin
Aug 3, 2008
toddt2 said:
If you were there you would of seen that she was the one that was being mean by threating to kick my ass in the first place. It isn't like I go around looking for a reason to throw stuff at people. I'm the last person who would be intentionally mean to someone, it was a wrong reaction I realize that.All I'm saying is, I was sooo close to not throwing the ball, that's what I regret the most. Yes it was my mistake to assume nothing would happen. I understand what you are saying. Believe me, I don't go around looking to be mean to anyone.
I still get the feeling we're talking past eachother. You say your mistake was "assuming nothing would happen". That's not where the mistake was. Even if you could be 100% sure nothing would happen, beyond the shadow of a doubt, you still shouldn't do it. Because it's a mean thing to do to someone.

It also doesn't matter if the other person was also mean. Two wrongs don't make a right, so be the bigger person.

Moth_Monk

Feb 26, 2012
Let's be the honest though: The girl was clearly a psycho. Who the hell attacks people over a ball being bounced their way? She sounds unstable.

toddt2

Dec 29, 2013
Think she was just looking for a reason to fight and to beat someone up to look cool in front of her friends too.