Professor Layton and the Last Specter Review

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Professor Layton and the Last Specter Review

You can fit a lot of good stuff in that hat.

Read Full Article

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
You just had to post a screenshot of that darned slide puzzle! I spent way too much time on that puzzle, only to turn off my DS for the night without saving. And then I forgot how I finished the puzzle in the first place!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I love Professor Layton and can't wait for this to be released. I have already pre-ordered it months ago. The whole series is awesome.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Too bad you didn't mention the London Life game that came with it (yes I did read your comment on the Facebook page this review page) since that is the only reason why I would buy (import) it but the Europe version had removed it. I guess I must be getting tried of the puzzles since I had a on/ off relationship with the third game.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
Huh. I didn't know that there was another one coming out. Guess that's my Mother's Christmas present sorted then...

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
Okay that first comment about Emmy got me even more on board with buying this than I already was.

Dec 14, 2009
Lukeje said:
Huh. I didn't know that there was another one coming out. Guess that's my Mother's Christmas present sorted then...
I second this.

They're really not my kind of games, but my fiancee loves them, so I shall pick it up for her.

Because that's the kind of guy I am.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Scarim Coral said:
Too bad you didn't mention the London Life game that came with it (yes I did read your comment on the Facebook page this review page) since that is the only reason why I would buy (import) it but the Europe version had removed it. I guess I must be getting tried of the puzzles since I had a on/ off relationship with the third game.
I went back and added a few lines about that actually. If that's your only reason for getting it, I wouldn't really bother. It's nifty, but not must-have awesome, or anything.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Professor Layton games? Awesome. Professor Layton mixed with Phoenix Wright? A must have. I'm waiting for the cross over game. I'll get this one to calm myself down.

Behazard

Oct 12, 2011
Definitely will pick this up once it's released over here. Always a fun game to have and you can lay it down when you're tired of puzzling, and pick up again any time you want.

Just hope you can skip through cutscenes at least on a second playthrough..