Profound Human Rights Violations Discovered in Bulgaria

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Razada said:
I am pro military. Strangely so. I think that a properly trained and equipped UN force of volunteers (If I could directly join the UN peacekeeping corp, I would. I might join the refugee agency after Uni) could do a lot of good.
A UN force would have to work under a UN mandate, though, which has to be decided upon by the same nations as fail to enforce such things when they aren't wearing blue hats.

Razada said:
But you hit the problem on its head.

Nobody gives a flying fuck. Look at this site!

I AM THE 21ST POSTER TALKING ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE THIS SITUATION IS.

MORE THAN 1,000 POSTS SO FAR HAVE OCCURRED ABOUT EA PULLING A DICKMOVE THAT COSTS A WHOLE 10 DOLLARS TO FIX.

Nobody cares. Least of all gamers.

If every single person who is going to buy that fucking DLC on this site gave that money to Oxfam 365...

Well, I used to work for them.

Lets say... 200 people.

That is 2000 dollars.

One time payment...

Enough to dig 4 wells in the DRC which decrease chances of rape and increase quality of life, decrease chances of getting waterborne diseases and can save a community. Well, 4 communities.

If every single WoW player spent a single dollar every month on Charity...

Hell...

They could easily fund an entire refugee camp, complete with hospital, school, housing, wells, security details... Hell, with the current food crisis (Hmmm, 11 million dollars, I can do this maths! I promise! Right, divide by 15...) that is roughly 70,000 sacks of grain. A month.

Nobody. Gives. A. Fuck.

We could save the world. But we just cannot be fucking bothered.
I mostly agree with that. As mentioned in the starving kids in Africa thread, though, I'm not keen on individual persons contributing to charities, I'd favour government aid run or backed up by the military.

Hell, people might not want to fork over $10 a month to a charity, but they'll pay taxes and might not grumble too hard about $10 a month of it going to foreign aid.