Stellar Blade (formally Project Eve) - Korean Sci-Fi Bayonetta/Nier: Automata Edition

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not be confused with Project DT; another sci-fi action brawler, but is more like MGR, and has a great focus on robots. Thanks for the heads up @CriticalGaming. I am loving the look of the world already. Definitely inspired by Nier: Automata. The monster designs screams Berserk, The Thing, and Parasyte.

Last edited:

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
I dunno, all I see when I look at these Chinese character action games is the hard work of 3d modelers and not much else. I'll wait to see if they are any good because I sense bullshots a plenty when looking at these games.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Chinese? Isn't this Korean? They speak Korean. The dev's website link is EVE.SHIFTUP.CO.KR

It looks neat but the main character stands out from her environment and enemies in a really jarring way. Almost like she belongs in a different game.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The game looks like a play on the Code Vein and DMC to me. During the trailer i was calling Devil May Spandex. But the boss health bars and the ui itself suggests a very DMC feel in a Nier-esque world.

I thought the enemies all looked awesome and i am on board to check this one out for sure.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Really liked the look of this. Very Hideki Kamiya-esque, which is good with me, and some great monster design.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I’m actually kinda surprised Sony is showcasing a game with a curvy chic in tight clothes and noticeable jiggly bits. Guess the woke stuff only applies to western studios (or western-focused Japanese studios in Capcom’s case)?

Anyways, fwiw I’d take this over Bayonetta.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I’m actually kinda surprised Sony is showcasing a game with a curvy chic in tight clothes and noticeable jiggly bits. Guess the woke stuff only applies to western studios (or western-focused Japanese studios in Capcom’s case)?
Arrogant Sony is still there, they're just taking a break. Plus, the chick looks like she's an actual legal age and an adult.

Maybe the first game, but not the second. Definitely not the third, whenever it gets a gameplay trailer and a release date finally.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

I'm sure this is just me, but I can't help but wonder if South Korea is trying to out-Japan Japan with OTT action done by scantily-clad females.

Which would be...interesting, given the rocky relationship between the two countries. 0_0

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Looks neat, but only time will tell if it's got the narrative style to back up the visuals.

Arrogant Sony is still there, they're just taking a break. Plus, the chick looks like she's an actual legal age and an adult.
Lotta people keep forgetting that most "censorship" revolves around kids. It's bizarre.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Looks neat, but only time will tell if it's got the narrative style to back up the visuals.

Lotta people keep forgetting that most "censorship" revolves around kids. It's bizarre.
While definitely true, a lot of arrogant Sony's decision wasn't for everyone's best interest. I'm not going to derail the thread, but a friendly reminder:

Sony's done some shady crap over the years. And they still do now. Abandoning Japan Studio when they got them that far was bull crap, and definitely not for everyone's interest, but Sony's own.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Wow definitely true, a lot of arrogant Sony's decision wasn't for everyone's best interest. I'm not going to derail the thread, but a friendly reminder:

Sony's done some shady crap over the years. And they still do now. Abandoning Japan Studio when they got them that far, was bull crap and definitely not for everyone's interest but Sony's own.
They should really have Jim Ryan’s picture in that vid though. Things started going that way when Shawn was forced out for not playing that way.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Wow definitely true, a lot of arrogant Sony's decision wasn't for everyone's best interest. I'm not going to derail the thread, but a friendly reminder:

Sony's done some shady crap over the years. And they still do now. Abandoning Japan Studio when they got them that far, was bull crap and definitely not for everyone's interest but Sony's own.
"Arrogant Sony" as in PS3 2006 era Sony?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
They should really have Jim Ryan’s picture in that vid though. Things started going that way when Shawn was forced out for not playing that way.
I have to remind you that this is Simmons we're talking about, and anything that gets clicks. You're probably not familiar with the whole crew, but Simmons runs that part of the channel. Yovideogames is his.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
"Arrogant Sony" as in PS3 2006 era Sony?
No, their arrogance started in the PS2 days. Became really noticeable by the PS3 era. They learned some humility, only to go back to being arrogant by 2015. Starting with the price jump on PS Plus and lying about how they wouldn't change the price anymore only to do it twice. And their arrogance came back in full by 2019. Watch the video. We've gotten off topic enough already and I don't want to make this constantly about Sony. If you have any other questions just private message me. I'll answer to the best of my ability. Let's just stay focused on a new stylish action game that's coming out.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Microsoft really needs to get their fucking shit together. One of the reason why I harp on Microsoft and talk shit about them is that I NEED them to be good. Because if they don't step it up then Sony will run away with ego and it'll end up being bad for me in the end. Sony will be even better when Microsoft gets better.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble