Stellar Blade (formally Project Eve) - Korean Sci-Fi Bayonetta/Nier: Automata/Sekiro Edition

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Daily! I've even said this before, but in every game that gives me the option I'm picking the female options. Skyrim, Saints Row, MMO's, whatever, if given the choice I'm the chick everytime.
I'll believe that you do. The dudebros? No, they just want tits and ass for jerkoff material. That's why they get angry at "uggos"- if they can't tug their beef to a woman, why should that woman even exist?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
They did already. A couple of episodes actually, but there's one that where it was a major focus from beginning to end. It was during the second season. Where the hell you've been?
I meant an episode about it entirely, not just addressing it. I know it was brought up a bit in the MLK episode and in the synthesis episode, but do you have another in mind besides those? Cause I tried to come up with one but it's been a hot minute since I did a marathon.

Women not like her also exist. Why can't it be normal and good to wanna depict them in games without people screaming "woke" and "SBI ruining muh games"?

Ok so here's the deal, with art and games and fiction in general, there's an aspirational component, which is why the ancient greek statues were all of beautiful people, it's aspirational, showcasing an ideal to admire and strive towards. The best humanity can be. So while not "wrong" per-se, there's a millenia-long tradition of art functioning as showing the world as being more beautiful than it really is, or about as beautiful as it can possibly be if all the conditions are perfect. And there's value in that tradition. Expecting it to be continued and not destroyed should be the default, and there's nothing wrong about that.

And yeah like I said you can depict beautiful in a million different ways, nobody wants every char to look like Eve, that'd be boring. We just want them to not be ugly as all hell unless the game is meaningfully impacted by having ugly chars cause it's some sort of horror game or what have you.

Nobody's saying if you find a big muscular chick hot that that shouldn't be included, for example, nobody complained about the Amazon from Dragon's Crown and she looks like this:

1714087282335.png

People only complained about the more orthodox, buxom sorceress, on the other side.

The issue is with people making chars intentionally ugly, not diversely beautiful.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
meant an episode about it entirely, not just addressing it. I know it was brought up a bit in the MLK episode and in the synthesis episode, but do you have another in mind besides those? Cause I tried to come up with one but it's been a hot minute since I did a marathon
That's what I'm talking about. There was one that came up after the Martin Luther King episode. The one that involved Riley's white teacher saying the word and felt it was unfair since he wasn't using it in a racist context. I can't remember the name of that episode, but it's that one.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Ok so here's the deal, with art and games and fiction in general, there's an aspirational component, which is why the ancient greek statues were all of beautiful people, it's aspirational, showcasing an ideal to admire and strive towards. The best humanity can be. So while not "wrong" per-se, there's a millenia-long tradition of art functioning as showing the world as being more beautiful than it really is, or about as beautiful as it can possibly be if all the conditions are perfect. And there's value in that tradition. Expecting it to be continued and not destroyed should be the default, and there's nothing wrong about that.
Except for the millennia long tradition of art *not* being that, sure
And yeah like I said you can depict beautiful in a million different ways, nobody wants every char to look like Eve, that'd be boring. We just want them to not be ugly as all hell unless the game is meaningfully impacted by having ugly chars cause it's some sort of horror game or what have you.
The issue is with people making chars intentionally ugly, not diversely beautiful.
If gamers think Aloy is ugly as all hell, that explains a massive amount about how gamers act