Project Spark Sparks the Xbox One's Imagination

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Project Spark Sparks the Xbox One's Imagination

You can create any kind of game with the Project Spark toolset.

Read Full Article

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
It's a good thing this one is coming to PC as well, it looks interesting and it was the only game of the Microsoft conference I had any interest in. Because I'm certainly not getting an Xbox One for it.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
So its a MS version of Little Big Planet Creative mode.
Maybe a little bit more powerful of a creation tool as its semi easy to try to one-up what is already there.

I bet you that 50% of what is made is blatant rip offs of classic retro games and the other half is phallic imagery.

chozo_hybrid said:
It's a good thing this one is coming to PC as well, it looks interesting and it was the only game of the Microsoft conference I had any interest in. Because I'm certainly not getting an Xbox One for it.
I concur. Nice GCI filled Demo video, but wheres the actual product and what is the catch?

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
chozo_hybrid said:
It's coming on the 360 as well, with interconnectivity between all platforms. I presume this is so those of us who play on PC or 360 can scream "Xbox off!" on voice.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
As awesome as this sounds, given everything else Microsoft is doing with the Xbox one I cannot help but think that there will be some sort of a regressive expectation placed around the rights management. If you create an engaging game, I am sure the revenue will all be for Microsoft or something - kind of like the fanfiction stuff with Amazon...

Mazimadu

Mar 15, 2010
This is starting to sound very familiar. Isn't this what XNA was for? And why did they scrap XNA again?

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Yeah, not gonna convince me to grab an Xbox One even if it were exclusive to it, but sounds pretty neat.

Also I wonder what it says about the state of the industry when "games are all starting to feel the same" is actually being said in advertisements.