Promo Offers 300 Free Microsoft Points for Using Your Xbox 360

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Yeah had to check the date of this article. Was seriously thinking it was an april fools joke considering how incredibly stingy MS is about giving up money, even if its their own proprietary funny money that has no actual intrinsic value.

So, yeah, I could see turning on a kinect game and letting it run while I switch my tvs channel back to a different HDMI port, Could handle doing the Nyan cat thing the same way. Ehh, easy way to make the rough equivilent to $ 3.60

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Crap. This would be easy if HBO GO was an option. I just bought an arcade game today and use YouTube a bunch. I guess I'll run LastFM a few times while I work on stuff.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I hope it's not in a row. I mean, I love playing Reach but I'll probably burn my eyes out. Having said that, I would have finally reached Lt.Colonel!

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Spend 13 hours minimum to get 300 Points (like $4). No fuckin way.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Zen Toombs said:
Crono1973 said:
$4 for doing things I already do? Sounds pretty great to me.
Sure if you already do them but I'll bet you don't watch a clock while you do them.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Crono1973 said:
Zen Toombs said:
Crono1973 said:
$4 for doing things I already do? Sounds pretty great to me.
Sure if you already do them but I'll bet you don't watch a clock while you do them.
The thing lasts all month. All I'll need to do extra is play a looped youtube video for an hour, which can easily run in the background while I work.

I get it not being so for everyone, but for me it's basically free money.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
This probably won't work retrospective, does it?
I've spend several Euro's in the Xboxmarket, watched several movies on Zune and spend at least several hours in total on youtube.

But alas..

Jul 22, 2009
Well I recently bought Alan Wake and was planning on picking up the DLC anyway, I can just stick one of those 10 hour videos on YouTube while I do coursework or something.

And if I leave Last.FM on while I go out I'll have 10 hours in no time :3

Easy 300 points, Xbox Rewards is great... I remember when they overpaid me by about triple what I was meant to get.

That was a great weekend.

Elvaril

Dec 31, 2010
That youtube song is frikkin amazing. Wish that HBO GO was an option, but I guess that I will just sign up for a free month of Netflix instead. Been meaning to get into Doctor Who anyway.

Apr 5, 2008
Will never buy another Live point or Gold subscription again, after MS refused to refund me purchases on my account that I didn't make or download. They're as bad as the thieves and corporate fu****s for letting it happen & letting the thieves get away with it. They could easily have cancelled the purchases and refunded the money but chose to keep my money and forgo any and all future purchases I would have made with them for as long as I, or anyone I know lives.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
Well all I do is sit on my ass anyway so this'll give me something to do over the Easter holiday ;)

Who needs a life?

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
ewhac said:
I already have Netflix on my TiVo; Microsoft does not need to know what I'm watching.
Then watch something that does not suit your tastes.

Shit, I am probably in the top 50 most paranoid people on the Escapist and I find your logic irrational.

Also
>2012
>implying you're not on a government watch list already