A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
MsDevin92 said:
Five dollars says this leads to soccer moms abusing the possible bill to get different websites shut down altogether...
I see your bet and raise you $100.
I see your $100 and raise you a Maddox.
I see your Maddox and raise you my moderately sized nuclear arsenal.
I see your moderately-sized nuclear arsenal and raise you not only a hyphen, but also a /b/.
I see /b/, and raise you my secret floating continent.
I see your secret floating continent and raise you Hitler's brain implanted into the body of a great white shark.
I see your shark with Hitler's brain and raise you my army of bear-sharks with laser beams.
And I will call that, my friend.
Alright, now that our bets are settled, we shake on it.
*Shake*
And now we play the waiting game.

AhumbleKnight

Apr 17, 2009
10 pages and the same fears and questions are still being spouted. Go back and read the posts before you post your own 2 cents. Chances are, your question has already been answered and your fears have already been aleviated.

Q) Is this everbodys internet or just the USA?
A) Just the USA.

Q) This is 1984!
A) No, it isn't. Read the bloody legislation. Seriously, go back and read the comments other people have made to similar stupid comments. Try page's 1 and 2 of this thread...

Even if this was real, or possible, it would never be done. What type of economic result would occur if they 'shut down the internet'? It would make the wall street thing look like a minor slump hardly worth mentioning.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Sigenrecht said:
NeutralDrow said:
wwjdftw said:
NeutralDrow said:
wwjdftw said:
NeutralDrow said:
TheNecroswanson said:
We all understand how laws pass in America.
It gets into congress, whom are afraid of the internet and video games, and if we're lucky, it won't pass. But if the past 2 decades are any indication of what politicians think about anything that isn't apple pie, you can bet they'll be trying to pass it.
Now, kindly piss off, you haven't been here very long, so you don't know very many people. But do not pass sweeping judgments on people you don't know.
I'm not passing sweeping judgments on people I don't know. I'm passing judgment on people I've seen in this thread going "OMG the US government wants to shut down the internet, those retards), "I knew Obama was a communist who wants to control what you think," and the like. I'm sure they're all wonderful yet unbelievably paranoid people; I just wish they'd save the paranoia for something worth it.

well, here you are acting like a total dick whos got his head so far up his own ass a man with an 80 inch penis couldnt get it in your mouth.

and let me geuss your one of those liberals who voted for obama, and thinks that theres absolutley nothing wrong, with spending 7 trillion dollars and taxing the fuck out of the people while they just "hope" to pay it off?
Yep.
well im glad your happy with yourself, people like you are bringing down the world with a smugness comparable to that south park episode[seriousness/]

oh wait

youve got your head so far up your own ass a man with an 80 inch penis couldnt get it in your mouth

yep
Glad to hear it.
Props to Neutral for obvious reasons. Somebody needs to issue a ban to wwjdftw if not only for his incomprehensible name, but also for either being the worst troll I've ever seen or the most obnoxious, shrill, shit-flinging monkey I've ever seen. On the Internet, of course; otherwise, I'd be talking about Sean Hannity.

...and yeah, I'm just baiting wwjdtffffffffffffff I HATE YOUR NAME now.
Agreed. I'm fairly sure he is a troll. The whole 80 inch penis comment thing warrants a report. And also props to Neutral for dealing with a pissed off Obama hater in such a cool manner.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
MsDevin92 said:
Five dollars says this leads to soccer moms abusing the possible bill to get different websites shut down altogether...
I see your moderately-sized nuclear arsenal and raise you not only a hyphen, but also a /b/.
I see your secret floating continent and raise you Hitler's brain implanted into the body of a great white shark.
I see your shark with Hitler's brain and raise you my army of bear-sharks with laser beams.
*Shake*
Aahhh, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

Hippo: You know, to be honest I was never that hungry hungry...

Raregolddragon

Oct 26, 2008
If the idiots don't want hackers get easy openings to privet computers and taking privet data don't let those computers or severs be connected to the net. Otherwise it means you have a dang spy in the building.

How Fucking stupid do you have to be not to relies that. Clinton had a excuse the net just came out. Bush was a moron but Obama try's to make him self out to be the tech president but he dose not understand this!

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
MsDevin92 said:
*Shake*

Or we could play a children's card game.

sam13lfc

Oct 29, 2008
He can't do that, no one owns it or the rights to police it like that. But I suppose in the interest of national security I'd agree with it if it became necessary.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Nivag said:
That's actually pretty funny. What kind of emergency would need the internet to be stopped.
someone speaking out against the president

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
sam13lfc said:
He can't do that, no one owns it or the rights to police it like that. But I suppose in the interest of national security I'd agree with it if it became necessary.
your also supposed to let the business cycle run its course
Without his interference GM and Crystler would have bottomed out quicker and their chapter 11 bankruptcy could be working itself out instead of just getting started.
Bush did the same thing with his 320 billion dollar "new deal" but over a trillion $ later the same result.

the business cycle runs best when left alone

PatientGrasshopper

Nov 2, 2008
loremazd said:
PatientGrasshopper said:
Hallow said:
PatientGrasshopper said:
Truly scary, just another step closer to the world of 1984, which we are largely similar to already.
How so?
(please)
Th Government chips away at more and more freedoms everyday. Bush expanded the government by a lot and Obama has continued. The Government already can listen in on whomever's telephone calls they wish. There are cameras everywhere. If you want more specifics give me a little time I can dig up some more stuff.
You're paranoid. "cameras everywhere?" what the hell kind of statement is that? Like... traffic cameras or something? Ohh, bob we're looking for a guy living in new york who went to a anti war rally, lets have our team -watch every camera at every stop light and hope he passes by- Oh, and of course that'll be a team of thousands, as we're watching everyone all the time. Lets also listen in to every phone conversation in new york too! That'll only take hundreds of man hours per day, but thats ok, our government is paying our team of hundreds and thousands of listeners a day. That'll be great for our administration that only lasts 4 years!

Look, the fact is, the government doesn't have the time or money to "crack down" on individuals that are unhappy with the government. It never will.
True that they don't have someone manning them every second that i why they record everything. If you go down any city street you ill at some point be on camera. hen I as Washington DC they didn't even try to hide the camera's they were in plain sight. Also, eminent Domain las are a violation, they have been around for a long time and many people don't realize the true importance of private property. Also, back several months there was the MIAC http://www.infowars.com/secret-state-police-report-ron-paul-bob-barr-chuck-baldwin-libertarians-are-terrorists/ Then after that was repealed they declared that veterans should be watched because they could become right wing extremist, and anyone ho talks out against abortion, gun control etc. is a righting extremist. Also they have been trying to infringe on our second amendment right to bear arms. A far being paranoid maybe I am but it i better than being ignorant, which may make the ignorant person feel better for the moment but doe no one any good.

JWAN said:
sam13lfc said:
your also supposed to let the business cycle run its course
Without his interference GM and Crystler would have bottomed out quicker and their chapter 11 bankruptcy could be working itself out instead of just getting started.
Bush did the same thing with his 320 billion dollar "new deal" but over a trillion $ later the same result.

the business cycle runs best when left alone
Exactly but they always go to the government for a quick fix but it never works,it astounds me how people never learn from history.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
MsDevin92 said:
*Shake*

I'm going to throw down a face down!

...wait. What in the hell did I just say?

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
MsDevin92 said:
*Shake*

This is starting to sound like a bad fanfic.

I summon three Blue Eyes in attack mode.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Oh, this is just fantastic. After all, this morning I thought to myself, "Hey, you know what the federal government needs? More friggin' power over us."

This bill had better not pass. I do not trust Obama, nor do I trust what he could do with this. He has too much power as it is.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
-Zen- said:
Oh, this is just fantastic. After all, this morning I thought to myself, "Hey, you know what the federal government needs? More friggin' power over us."

This bill had better not pass. I do not trust Obama, nor do I trust what he could do with this. He has too much power as it is.
Agreed. His political affiliation in no way ensures that he will use such power responsibly. Despite being very in favor of personal liberties in specific areas, I very much doubt he is against all forms of censorship (provided they don't hurt people), as I am. The Internet is like a big gathering place for all kinds of people. Giving a governmental authority power to IN ANY WAY limit or prohibit access to any part of this gathering of information/stupidity is just insane. What could they possibly need that kind of power for? Invading our imaginations?

But yeah, I'm well aware everyone has already said all this. So whatever, but I'm hoping this bill doesn't pass.

The Patriot Act was stupid. This... Is like the Patriot Act times ten.

4fromK

Apr 15, 2009
hmmmmm. i can't imagine how theyd go about shutting off the internet. most likely they'd just be shutting down american servers. otherwise, i can picture the humourus scene of Obama pleading with the owners of all the servers in the world to shut down to protect american national security. god. this'd be like america passign legislation to stop the global market if wall street crashes

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Hawks_Pride said:
What's the betting that Computerworld got the story from The Register?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/01/federal_cybersecurity_legislation/

Please note the date.

As well, there's some rule somewhere that basically says that legislation needs to be noted in various places. Among such places is the official Senate website. Which says nothing about it.

Bravo, Vulture Central. Bravo.
Nice

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
Lexodus said:
A random person said:
MsDevin92 said:
*Shake*

This is starting to sound like a bad fanfic.

I summon three Blue Eyes in attack mode.
I summon Slifer the Executive Producer and Mega Ultra Chicken in attack mode.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
Come to think of it america is turning into a communist country

if they do..... then i will happily use my doorstop (which is a nuclear missile) on them
You know what, I'm well and truly fucking sick of this misconception. America is not going communist and even if they did.. well.. [www.newyouth.com/archives/classics/trotsky/if_america_should_go_communist.html/]