Protectors of the Crystals, a Final Fantasy RP (Dead)

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
"I did not board this ship by choice," Rowen told the Captain. "Saving the world wasn't even my choice. Fate chose it for me. It did not tell me I would be on such a lackluster ship, but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. But know that I am no crewman of yours. I am only hear to serve this mission's purpose, and that was handed down by the King himself. So I'm not taking orders from you, unless they are in my best interests. Now since you clearly don't know how to manage people, why don't you-"

"Please leave."

Rowen jerked his head back to try and figure out where the hell that had come from, to find one of the two mages, pointing his stick at him.

"Your tone is unacceptable."

"My tone is unacceptable?" Rowen was getting agitated, and if this coward hiding behind his magic wanted to butt in on his pow-wow with the good Captain and start something, he was going to have no problems. Still it might not look favorable to take out another one of the invited protectors before the ship even left the Kingdom.

He reached into the pocket of his coat and pulled out his lucky coin. A gentle toss sent it flying into the air for a brief second before he caught it and slapped it on the back of his left hand. "Hmmmm," he noted. "Consider yourself lucky I don't fight here."

Done with the side show this meeting had turned into, he brushed past the mage and headed for the door. "If your Majesty there doesn't mind, I'm going to raid the cargo hold. I'm sure one of the sticks she keeps there when not shoved up her ass will make a decent coat rack. Give myself something to do on this damn ship."

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
Nr. i

The Black Mage got out of the stranger?s way, and holstered the rod back in his coat. His gazed focused on him until he vanished beyond the stairwell. His head turned back to the captain and the second member and gave a slow nod.

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Mira had barely heard the ranger's tirade, but her attention became sharply focused as the Mage showed up, weapon drawn. "Put your weapon away, wizard!" She barked. "If you have a problem with a member of this crew including the guests you can take it to fisticuffs. We do not draw weapons on each other. I will not have blood spilled before we even see the enemy." The Ranger had already stormed off, but he was no concern compared to this.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Dagon had stood by and listened to the Black Mage Engbyr and Roderick, not wanting to interrupt. Still, he had the sneaking suspicion the last question was also directed at him. He was impressed by the strange mage's vocabulary, even if his mannerisms were peculiar. Before he could make a proper response, he had left, going after a new face, who had just finished shouting at a woman. He heard the lady, who was revealed to be the captain, shouting at Engbyr, but his attention was on the newcomer.

"If your Majesty there doesn't mind, I'm going to raid the cargo hold. I'm sure one of the sticks she keeps there when not shoved up her ass will make a decent coat rack. Give myself something to do on this damn ship."

"I think NOT!" Dagon said, blocking the doorway. "To behave so rudely to a COMRADE is poor form. To be so rude to a LADY is DOUBLY poor! And to the CAPTAIN makes it QUADRUPLE the poorness! I shall not permit you to leave in such a fashion. Now APOLOGIZE."

"If you have a problem with a member of this crew including the guests you can take it to fisticuffs. We do not draw weapons on each other. I will not have blood spilled before we even see the enemy."

"Ah, a DUEL! Also an acceptable alternative. You seem quite sure of yourself, child. Perhaps you'd like to prove your invaluable prowess to the Captain?"

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
As Roderic began to make his way down, it seemed that the mage seemed to suddenly be in a hurry. More than Roderic, at least, which he found a little odd...Of course, as he continued going he saw the destination, and paused. It seemed that a small commotion had started up, over at the Captain's Quarters, no less. This could only end in so many ways, and Roderic needed to see them play out.

"Put your weapon away, wizard! If you have a problem with a member of this crew including the guests you can take it to fisticuffs. We do not draw weapons on each other. I will not have blood spilled before we even see the enemy."

Well, that sounds like the good captain of the ship. Seems that the wizard made a fuss. Now lets see how he reacts under pressure...

While Roderic was going to be enjoying this, the Yuke from before blustered past him, with the odd...tenacity, he would call it, that he possessed. The Yuke had decided to impose some grand ethics upon the transgressing fellow, which Roderic quickly began to consider his options for. Whoever had caused a fuss might be a nice ally on this ship, especially if everyone was jumping to the captain's aid at this point.

"Ah, a DUEL! Also an acceptable alternative. You seem quite sure of yourself, child. Perhaps you'd like to prove your invaluable prowess to the Captain?"

Roderic couldn't help but openly let out a laugh at that point. The situation had turned into something he didn't expect, and they hadn't even done anything yet. If the fellow who had caused the mess got through relatively alive, he would have to make sure to buy the person a drink. Or some coin, or something to make up for the great things he was about to witness.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Vaila smiled. "Well, there's a first time for everything. I'm sure you'll do fine unless you're secretly managing to conceal irrational gloryhound tendancies." The smile became more wry at this. "It's those sort of people that tend to keep me in business day to day."

She wasn't too worried though. So far Yuria had seemed quite sensible and thus probably not likely to suddenly turn into a raving lunatic and throw herself at a pack of monsters screaming COME ON I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON the moment battle was unpon them.

She nodded in agreement at her companion's antsyness. "I can certainly understand that. What we're here to do is a little too exciting to just sit still." Her whiskers twitched unconsciously as if to underline her own eagerness to proceed with their mission.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Lilianna's hand flew to the hilt of her sword as a young hotshot burst through the doors. She didn't relax as her sister did, though. Guards generally didn't without the word to stand down, no matter how pitiable the "threat". Were these really the people that were to become Halvor's salvation!?! Did they really just let EVERYONE onto the boat! She walked around to Mira's side, but it proved unnecessary as more miscreants piled in the room. A black mage, and a Yuke.

There was something wrong with the mage, something she would think twice about before stepping in the ring with him, but his magic was on their side today. Still... with the rumors about black mages, he/she probably wasn't one to be trusted. The Yuke, who didn't have a staff or rod on him, was definitely a monk. A headstrong, impulsive one. She didn't mind too much, as long as he had the strength to back up his ridiculous sense of justice.

The guy who burst in the door was a featherweight. Not a brawler to be sure. By the looks of it, he wasn't a student of magic either. Leaving thief or ranger, both of which he had the qualifications for. Neither of those scenarios were one that forgave him the outburst.

She stood silently, ready to cut the guy down a few notches. Not like Mira's halberd wouldn't do the trick.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Rowen wanted to leave when some...thing stopped him by standing in the doorway. "What the-" was all he got out before the roadblock launched into a diatribe that made his teacher's winding words sound like the drunken slurs coming from the Keno room.

This birdy looking thing was talking about fighting? Straight up? That wasn't going to happen. Sure, probably wouldn't take much to beat the hell out of a bird, but Rowen wasn't going to be touching another one of these inhuman creatures, which this ship seemed to contain a startling amount of. Probably some drunken lackey anyway.

"Look birdbrain. You see these hands?" He held them up, palms open, tattooed sides pointing into...wherever the hell the eyes were supposed to be. "These are finally tuned precision weapons, carefully calibrated to work some of the deadliest machines known to society. Not for tweaking beaks. So I'm not fighting you. I'm not even touching you. But you think you can out maneuver these?" He put his hands down and lifted the side of his jacket, revealing one of his prized guns sitting in it's holster. "Then maybe we'll have a little dance. Now get outta my way."

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
Nr. i

His head tilted to the left at Mira?s outburst wondering why she would ask him to disarm himself when he already holstered it. Protocol did not have an answer for this. In a job - any job - efficiency was key, and anything or anyone that could interfere with the task done was a danger.

?The man was seeking an altercation.? The Fat Bird answered. ?To spoil for a fight against the captain would be unacceptable for this job.? Questions were listed in his head. Did Mira sought to disengage this person herself? Did she prefer this mission to be handled without the use of force? If that?s the case, why were these assorted mercenaries hired to begin with? Was the stranger under her command? There were suggestions, but none of them made any sense.

"Would you prefer to keep my rod until the job commences?" Protocol dictated that this question needed to be asked.

Mr. Omega

Jul 1, 2010
"So I'm not fighting you. I'm not even touching you. But you think you can out maneuver these? Then maybe we'll have a little dance. Now get outta my way."

"If the Captain would allow it, I would try to fight you with your weapons. For though your hands are crafted to work fine machines, they are not crafted to deliver the WRATH of DIVINE FURY!" Dagon said, stepping out of the way. "But if the call is not mine to make. I would like nothing more than to teach you some RESPECT, but I shall honor the wishes of the Captain. Still..." He turned to Mira "I'm sure you wouldn't mind a quick spar. I'm sure we have a healer somewhere on here."

He then turned back to Rowen "I would think you'd like to have a chance to prove your skills, child. But it seems you're all BLUSTER and no ACTION. The cargo hold is waiting for you." It was the last thing he'd say if he decided to leave now. Dagon thought that any further confrontation would reflect poorly on himself, so he would remain proper for the figure in charge.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
"Yeah, no, I'm not like that. I'll slay monsters and help whoever I'm fighting with, but I'm not going to rush headfirst into danger." Yuria took out her blade out of its sheath for a moment to admire it. She was fairly proud of it and liked it a lot. She put it away again and sighed a little.

"Yeah, exactly. Kind of a heavy burden to save the world, but it's good to know that there were many good fighters who showed up. Now we just need to see them all in action."

The Alexander was making its way closer to the mountains, closer to their destination. Hopefully they'd be able to see soon where it was they're going.

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Mira was living in a world where the most sane and professional person from a group of fifty was her sister, a woman who had served in battles and proven herself a hero, commanded men in desperate battle and yet never managed to mature past fifteen.

This was going to be a long mission.

"Keep your rod, but don't ready it again unless battle is imminent. I appreciate your help, but escalating situations like that is not helpful to our cause"

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
Nr. i

?I understand.? The Fat Bird replied. He gave a nod to Mira and the second member and made his way back to the deck. It seemed far too long to be walking around; the Black Mage had his time and it was spent on events on the top deck. He would need to wait longer before resuming rounds, lest the people here would be suspicious of him constantly walking across the airship. He makes his way to the stairs and walked down to the deck with resting cots.

He picked a hammock where he could observe people coming and going in the deck.

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
The white mage was definately pleased to hear the red one confirm she wasn't crazy. She'd heard a lot of answers to "How did this happen?" during her treatments to various adventurers back in Byron that had caused no small amount of eyerolling, facepalming, jawdropping or any combination thereof.

It was a nice sword she had. Well maintained. Vaila could respect that. She always appreciated things being properly looked after. She gave a Yuria a nod, very much on board with the prospect of seeing the assorted recruited forces do their thing.

They had company now it appeared, one of the black mages who wasn't Gerhard had arrived on the deck and claimed a hammock. Despite the excitement, Vaila decided that she should at least try to get some rest before they arrived. "Well, I suppose I should make an effort to rest before we get properly underway. It looks as if the others might be retiring soon in any case," she continued, gesturing to the Fat Bird in his hammock.

"I doubt I'll be able to get much sleep, but if I do, please wake me if anything exciting happens. I'd hate to miss it." She smiled and lay down on the hammock, shifting a few times before her tail was in a comfortable position and pulled her hood down over her eyes.

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Yuria didn't think much of the Black Mage that arrived into the room and claimed a hammock. "Rest well." she said to Vaila, tipping her hat before looking back out the porthole, towards the mountains. There were sounds of people talking, discussing the mission and what they would do, what they thought their destination looked like and how many they'd be expecting to kill in order to save Halvor. Yuria was unsure of whether she could kill another person, but if it meant keeping her country safe, she'd do her best.

Their travel went on for some time, eventually starting to grow a bit dark as the day passed. Night hadn't settled in yet, but they passed on into the evening. Getting closer, their destination was now revealed. It had been hidden behind the mountains, near a volcano most assumed was inactive which was at the edge of Halvor, near the sea. A large stone spire that reached high into the sky, and around the middle of it where three other smaller spires connected to it, one inside the volcano, another in the ground by it and the third in the ocean.

Once Yuria saw it, it quickly dawned on her. "Of course! Magitek! That's how they're draining the four elements!" She quickly went over to Vaila to wake her up. "Come on, look, look!" She went back to the porthole, looking at the magnificent building.

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Mira had taken a short rest, letting the stresses of he day bleed away before battle. That rest came to an abrupt end at the sound of a beating at her door. She rose from her bed and pulled hwr uniform back on before answering. It was one of her crew, a bright, fresh faced kid who was one of thw lookouts.

"Captain, Commander Bael thinks we've reached our destination."

Mira nodded and gathered her sword, halberd, and helm, donning the helm as she stepped onto the deck. Battle was at hand.

She peered out, drawing in a breath at the sight. A great tower rising out of a volcano's edge, with two lesser towers plunging into the caldera and the icy waters beyond, a massive basalt edifice that rose as high as Alexander's cruising height. It was an awesome sight beyond any doubt, but the thrill it sent up her neck was far overshadowed by the lump of ice in her gut.

"Gods." She turned to the lookout. "Bring us to alert. Get the bells ringing and prepare to beat to battle."

"Yes, Captain!"

The bells began ringing out, and as they did the sides of the mountains they were passing shifted. Mira snapped up her spyglass and looked, and lit by the setting sun she saw.them, and took a sharp breath. Monsters of a hundred varieties, from wyverns to massive insects and beyond were coming, and stranger still, all had large metal devices crudely grafted onto their heads.

"Beat to battle! Cannons load grapeshot! We are under attack!"

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
Roused from her slumber by the red mage, Vaila almost jumped out of the hammock and hurried after Yuria to the porthole, eager to see what was so exciting before breaking into a wide smile of delight as she took in the splendor of the 4 towers.

"Amazing! Seeing this in the flesh is an absolute treat!" Air, Fire, Earth and Water. The four elements and their towers. They had arrived! Vaila was all anticipation, tail and whiskers twitching as she gazed through the porthole with Yuria at the marvels outside.

...And then drums. Drums! It only took a moment before she realised what that meant, having recalled the captain's words as they boarded the ship. Battle! Already they were under attack!

"Gods above, already?! We've got to get up there!" grabbing her bag and rod from beside her hammock and slowing only a moment to sling the bag over her shoulder, the rat sprinted post haste along the deck and up the stairs with Yuria surely very close behind.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
With the little party on the deck breaking up to go towards the growing commotion located where Gerhard assumed the Captain's cabin was located, Gerhard moved to a position amidships and leaned against a spar. The other Black Mage hadn't given him any thought whatsoever having been wrapped up with some of the stupid egos of the other warriors. Gerhard had long ago realized the best way to deal with warriors who considered themselves legends was to simply let them kill themselves off. Let the White Mages sweat about keeping the more foolish sellswords alive. They were far less useful than the humorous but collected soldier with whom one could enjoy a decent game of cards with. Those types tended to be fun to poke fun at as well because it was hard to crack through their composure at first...

By the Crystals, am I feeling nostalgic for home already? Ahahahaha...

Gerhard pulled out a long, gnarled pipe and began to puff a bit. His position granted him some good visibility and he could always cross the deck to any threatened point. He was never one for excessive sleeping and had slept in the cart they had brought him to Alexia in. Staying up tonight would not be a challenge.

"What do you think you're doing?" asked a random crewmen who looked like he was checking all the spare weapons attached to the masts to deal with boarders.

"I'm waiting for us to make it to our destination. Never seen a Mage on Deck before?"

"I thought you would want to start a fight, like some of the others over there." said the air-sailor, obviously relieved to see a new member of his crew not pulling out his weapon.

"I'll leave discipline to your Mira. If she can't control her own ship, that's her problem."

"She's a war hero you know." he said, a little defensively.

"She's not MY hero yet."

The crewmember looked like he had more to say but his mate called him over for more work so he let it pass. Gerhard closed his yellow eyes and began to run his mind through the incantations. The slight buzz of the Brown Flann wasn't nearly enough to shake his practiced concentration and soon he knew he was ready to cast. All he would have to do was maintain this state until they reached their destination.

Eventually, he spotted some spires jutting out of the geography in the distance. Curiosity overtook him once again and he left his self-assigned position to lean onto the starboard rail to get a better look. There were four of them, as there would be for any magical structure of great importance. Construction must have-

Gerhard's attention snapped to the air around the closest spire. It looked like a massive flock of things were rising into the air...

*BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM*

Somewhere a battle drum began to roll. Returning to the center of the ship, Gerhard drew his runed sword and began to refine his concentration. If battle was to be upon them, they'd find at least one of their Black Mages ready for action.

Mr. Omega

Jul 1, 2010
After the short scuffle with Rowen, Dagon gave a bow and went to the front of the ship. He sat down, crossing his legs and started to meditate. He would remain there, completely silent and still for hours on end. The rush of the wind soothed him, and he was used to sleeping in less comfortable conditions. It wasn't clear when he had fallen asleep, but sleep did eventually come to him.

He wasn't sure how long he had been resting, just long enough for the sun to go down. He was awoken by three sounds: the sound of ringing bells, booming drums and the shouts of the Captain:

"Beat to battle! Cannons load grapeshot! We are under attack!"

He instantly sprang to his feet, and saw the wave of monsters heading towards the ship. He knew this was what he had been waiting for. "At last! A chance to smite down fiends!" He struck a pose and shouted loud enough to be heard right below him. "HEAR ME, FOUL DEMONS! You rush towards oblivion, for the great warship the Alexander shall strike you down, and those FOOLISH enough to dare come closer shall face the wrath of the great... the GRAND... the MIGHTY!!..." at that, a gust of wind hit the ship, blowing the rags he had been keeping over his head over his eye "[sub]Oh bloody hell...[/sub]" He whispered, grabbing his face.

"You shall feel the power of DIVINE FURY INCARNATE! You shall know the wrath... of DAGON..." he then ripped away the rags, showing the tri-skulled helmet "SETH!!!"

With that out of the way, he leaped towards the first monster that made it to the deck of the ship; a wyvern. He grabbed it in midair, placing it's chin right on his shoulder as he fell back to the ship. Once he landed, the beast's jaw slammed down on Dagon's shoulder, stunning it. He then grabbed it by the horns and neck to toss it over his shoulder onto the deck of the ship. With the beast now vulnerable, Dagon jumped onto the edge of the ship for elevation, raised his fists in the air and jumps down, slamming his elbow into the wyvern's gut. Finally, he grabbed it by the tail and swung it around a few times before releasing it. "BEGONE!" he shouted as the winged beast crashed into an oncoming cockatrice.

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
Nr. i

People stepped in and out of the deck, paying attention to those who retired and kept moving around. Some of the persons? gazes lingered on the Black Mage before breaking contact altogether and rushed to their destination. There was no inclination towards any development on their destination save for the count he was doing in his head.

However a low quiet hum reached his ears, breaking his concentration for a moment. He got up from his hammock to look for the source of the hum. He saw people sleeping, idle, piqued and cantankerous in that order as he combed through the deck for the source. Time passed and the Black Mage found no trace of where the hum was coming from. Gradually the hum grew louder in his ears and began to hurt in a place he never thought would hurt. He clutched his head with both hands, pulling the brim of his hat over his ears, and keeping his hands over them in a vain attempt to block the noise. Some paused to ask him if he was alright, but he made no answer. It hurt too much to speak, and all that could come out was pained grunts. One clear directive pervaded the Black Mage?s mind: eradicate the noise.

Step by step he willed his feet forward above deck to find the source of this hum, especially as it grew louder and louder still. At the top deck, he found it to be in disarray; fights were breaking out wherever he looked, and he could see swarms of fiends travelling in hot pursuit of the airship. He had also seen a strange tower, and looking at it, the damned hum began to split his mind. The sigil and face of Adrammelech flashed in his mind, and the Black Mage began drawing mana to summon him. Compared to other Espers, the Wroth would do a far better job compared to the others; he could fly and take the fight to the fiends while Famfrit and Ifrit would be stuck in one location, wasting the space of the others.

That tower, and these fiends will suffer the Wroth Emperor?s Judgement as far as he could think. Crush them completely and then finish this job by any means necessary. And Adrammelech grinned at that sentiment.

A gate of light opened in the sky, and out came the green draconian visage of the Wroth. The red streaking lines on his body the only thing that showed the raw fury that he hid. As quickly as he appeared, he vanished from sight, charging to the heart of the swarm, glowing with sheer mana. Sparks of lightning gathered around his body as the sky darkened and in the blink of an eye Adrammalech exploded. Massive tendrils of pure lightning struck out at anything and everything it could touch, including the tower. The weakest of the fiends were culled utterly by the Wroth?s Judgement, while the strongest were at the mercy of the airship.

The Black Mage felt accomplishment in this deed as he saw the numbers thinning. But that infernal hum still did not stop!