Protectors of the Crystals, a Final Fantasy RP (Dead)

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
Roderic regarded the mage as he quietly got up. He wasn't sure if that was annoyance or just stupidity charging at him at this point. Honestly, Roderic couldn't care as the mage still didn't seem to catch the lesson that he should perhaps calm down rather than try to keep on waving his weapon around like some kind of tool to solve all issues. As he tried once more to get close, Roderic simply took a few jumps back. As he regarded for a moment what might solve the issue, a sudden bit of inspiration struck him. Specifically, in the bag which he had stored some parts in.

"Reflex check! Catch!" Roderic suddenly said, grabbing the metal parts that he had collected from the metallic creature from before, and then flinging them towards the mage with one quick swing. Of course, Roderic already saw what was going to be coming.

The metal parts proceeded to slam into the mage, some parts striking the chest, but two of them striking the hat and head of the mage, sending him back down to the ground. He could possibly say that he was sorry, but at this point Roderic just wanted the mage to stop and think for a moment, and perhaps taking something to the head would knock the sense into him that was needed.

Turning towards Gerhard, who had apparently been drinking...more? He wasn't sure what to make of this mage at this point, but wasn't as concerned as he hadn't shown a willingness to throw spells at everyone. With a small spin of the stick, he regarded the other mage a moment.

"...You sure you wanna be out and about? Ya look...well, almost as bad as our good friend here." Roderic said to the obviously drunken mage. He realized suddenly that other than the stuck up knights he was not fall down drunk at this point.

Perhaps a very good thing. Not sure how much I can trust any of these drunkards at this point. And we are not exactly....safe out here yet.

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
Nr. i

Time began to slow to a crawl as the Black Mage noticed shrapnel flying towards him. There was no way to dodge them or block them.

???

Time stood still for a long while. Something? happened, but he couldn?t put his finger on it. There was an annoying noise, and then? a bump?

He stood there motionlessly, his eyes looked to the floor and saw metal chunks scattered about, his eyes slowly looked around and noticed many strange figures nearby. A large hat was scattered aside a distance away, but he was unsure how far away it was. When he tried reaching forward, his hand seemed nowhere near touching the floor, let alone anything else. Nothing at all seemed familiar to him though there was this nagging aside that he should remember. His ears picked up a low tinging tone that made his eyes sting a little. The first conceivable question that occured in his mind was, ?Where am I??

Before he could ponder further a needle-point pain surged across the inside of his mind, he let out a yelp, clutching his head and kneeling to the ground, his body caving in from great fatigue and the mana entering and exiting without pause to recover. He felt tired, wanting to sleep for a long time, and so he closed his eyes.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
In his current state of affairs, Rowen needed a little pick me up. Seeing Horny Girl cold cock the bird brain in the face did just that. He had a solid laugh when the winged warrior knocked him out. However things were quickly getting out of hand. Punches were flying, shrapnel was flying, mages were diving. A bit of activity and comedy was a good thing, but this was quickly proving to be too much for his still recovering stomach to take.

He took out one of his pistols and fired a loud shot behind his head out above the landscape below. "You all want to shut the fuck up? It's like a friggin playground on here! I'm all for a bit of physical comedy but you guys taking it way too far! How the hell are we supposed to defeat enemies if we've already beaten ourselves? You dumbasses want to keep punching yourselves senseless, fine! But I'm not staying out here to be a part of this nonsense!" He slowly eased himself up onto his feet and staggered towards the cabins. "Wake me up when we get back to the damn castle."

wilcoblackflame

Mar 15, 2012
I'm not sure I want to think too hard about what we saw. Vaila said, although the tone of her voice made it clear she was thinking about it nonetheless.

"I suspect you're right though." Replied the white mage to the red with a small groan. "I don't think there'll be any getting off this ride anytime soon."

They past a few more moments in silence, Vaila keeping her hood over her eyes before hearing the commotion from the main part of the deck. "Please tell me those idiots aren't killing each other?"

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
Roderic watched the mage as he...reacted to the metal parts. It wasn't the reaction to the initial hit, but the reaction after which confused him. The mage seemed to do something...different. He was looking around, halfway seeming like he had not even been hit by anything. He had not thrown them THAT hard, making the situation seem even stranger. Suddenly, the mage let out a yelp, clutched his head, and then went down. It halfway seemed like he had passed out from....something? It wasn't from being hit, as he had...reacted.

"That was....interesting." Roderic muttered, and stepped forward to the mage and the small metal parts. Initially, he was cautious, as playing dead was an old trick. However, it seemed the mage had fallen asleep. He wasn't quite sure what had just happened, but he imagined it was something halfway important.

"Well, guess I'll take these back..." Roderic grabbed the few bits of metal, being a bit more careful about taking them this time, and sat considering a moment. He could just wash his hands, but...wouldn't be the nicest of things. With a sigh, he put the stick back with its owner, and figured that he could at least pull him over to the wall for a bit to lean against.

Sitting next to the mage, he figured taking it easy now that there wasn't a crazy mage trying to ice everyone meant it was time to relax. "Let me know when you wake up, if ya can. I'm wondering what that was all about."

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
"Ugh, I don't want to do any unnecessary healing right now. I just want to get back home safely. That can't be too much to ask for, right?" Yuria sighed as she walked over to one of the beds and lay down for a bit. She took off her hat and put it on her chest, then put her hands behind her head. "Let them deal with whatever is going on down there. I want to relax for a bit here." While she herself hadn't inspected it closely, the warriors who had originally gotten onto the Alexander back in Alexia had suffered some casualties. From the original fifty or so that had gotten on, around nine were dead, and a lot were injured, some more than others. The crew of the ship had also suffered some casualties, but not as much as the warriors.

Aside from any sort of commotion on the ship, the night was quiet. They were making their way slowly back home without trouble.

Or so they thought.

Another airship had been spotted on the horizon, and by the looks of it, it was heading straight for them. Mira, looking out a window, immediately ordered her crew to prepare for an attack. It was too suspicious that this airship was heading straight for them without the intent of attacking. She also ordered the crew that wasn't preparing for an attack to get everyone battle ready again. They went around, waking everyone up who had gone for a nap on the way home, and got as many as they could into stations, whether on the main deck or inside the ship. Once it was closer, the crew and warriors on board the Alexander could see it properly.

The opposing airship was massive, a bit bigger than the Alexander, with many a cannon facing outward. It was royal blue in color, covered in plates that served the purpose of armoring the ship. On the front of the ship, they could see an emblem which showed a gauntleted hand, grasping a bundle of rods. The airship showed some signs of combat with some smoke coming off of it, like it had been fighting before attacking them, but still seemed in prime attacking condition.

Mira watched as the airship flew to them, getting closer before turning to its side. The crew looked between the airship and Mira, waiting for her signal to fire. They didn't have to wait long, as she signaled for them to fire. She'd be damned if she'd let an enemy airship attack them first, when it so clearly looked as if it was going to attack them. Both airships fired almost at the same time, and the Alexander was hit hard. The warriors were thrown back, not used to the airship or being thrown back from the impact of a shot.

They kept firing at each other, and then the crew of the opposing airship started to drop in on the Alexander, with the intent on taking them down. The warriors answered the attack, striking back while being under fire from the other airship.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Dagon had been lying on his back, drifting in and out of consciousness from a combination of the alcohol and the hit to the face he received. The sound of cannons firing woke him up fast enough. "I'm up! I'm up!" He looked at the massive airship, shaking his head. "Oh dear..." He sat down, crossing his legs and getting into a meditative pose. "Just give me a *hic* minute..."

Energy flowed through his body, and he started getting into a more battle-ready condition. Admittedly, this was meant to purge poisons and magical ailments... but given enough time it should work with other impairments. Hopefully.. Whatever was going on around him at the moment could wait. Whoever was on that other ship would pay soon enough.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Rowen tossed and turned in his underwhelming sleeping quarters. It was tough, but he was getting somewhere. But the noise suddenly picked up. Loud bursts of sound were coming from above. "Damn bastards. Can't even let me sleep." He tossed once more, poorly-made pillow over his head trying to block out the sounds from above.

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
Roderic woke with a small start. It seemed that they were under attack. Getting up, and shaking off the small amount of sleepiness that lingered from a long day of work, the thoughts started to come to him. Wait...under attack? As in, we are on the airship, going home, under attack? Who would be stupid enough to tangle with them now?

With a small shrug, he went around to the other side of the wall....and saw another airship, hovering nearby and dropping troops onto their deck. Seeing the other ship was initially a surprise, until once again his thoughts caught up with him. Suddenly putting on a grin, slipping out a pair of knives as they proceeded to jump onto the ship, Roderic made his own jump....to the other side.

I wonder what the claiming rights are if you manage to steal an airship? I can't claim to have stolen something this big before....but I imagine it will actually be pretty easy, if they act the same way as they did in the tower, which seems...very likely.

Leaping onto the other ship seemed halfway familiar, in the way it was how he started this mess. Slipping into where one of the guns were stored, he couldn't help but grin at the almost surprised face of a pair of the crew who didn't seem to anticipate having to fight something down here loading and firing a cannon. A quick set of stabbing, with some knife throws for good measure, Roderic was pleased as the few cannon users nearby dropped. There were likely quite a few more in the other rooms, and up above and below, but he needed to start somewhere.

"Here's to hoping that they don't all die over there without me watching their backs." Roderic muttered, collecting his knives and procuring a few more before taking a few steps to the next room. More of the same, people manning cannons and not at all prepared for some knives. It was going to be a very productive fight, especially when he let that first pair of knives fly. The sudden pause after that attack that no one saw coming just couldn't get old.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Lilianna whipped around at the sound of a gunshot. Unbelievable. The ranger had fired his weapon on an airship. She stared at the airship's balloon for a while, making sure that he hadn't hit it. Finally, she just gave him a disapproving stare. "Unnecessary." She noticed that Knives was standing over Ice Mage, a perplexed look on his face. Ice Mage wasn't moving. "Agh, Knives, you didn't kill him..." She prodded the mage with her foot. We're all getting along so well After she was satisfied he was just passed out, and that Dagon was indisposed, Lilianna decided to take a breather herself.

She walked to the less populated other side of the ship, spreading her wings to feel the wind. It filled them like sails as she tied back her hair. The ship's cruising speed was matchable:fast for its given size, but not for a gria. In a smooth motion she planted a foot against the rail, and pushed off into the empty air. It was such a head rush, accelerating into nothing. She fell a few seconds before spreading her wings into a glide. It felt like ages since she had flown, like there was dust in her very bones. The airship's wake pushed her a fair distance away, letting her rely on the air currents for speed. She kept the ship in sight as she dipped down to the fields, occassionally sprinting a few paces before jumping back into the air. There was nothing like the wind whistling past your ears.

Lilianna was in the air no more than 30 feet from the ship, drafting behind to reserve her energy, when another ship was spot on the horizon. She reboarded the ships as her sister started shouting orders. Lilianna made a short stop to their room to grab her shield, and she was ready. Amped up, even. Of course she was planning on being one of the first on this enemy ship.

Wait, enemy ship?

It was decked out like the Alexander, except in a royal blue. Lilianna didn't have time to go through the various military colors she did know, but she was pretty sure she hadn't seen that insignia before.

Lilianna started hovering above the deck. No doubt they would be-

A loud crack echoed through the air on both sides. Wood shattered the cannons were fired. She could almost see the shockwaves. Lilianna leapt off the opposite side of the ship, diving underneath the massive things. They both looked strikingly similar from this angle, she thought to herself, with attack marks from things scarring their bellies. Lilianna shot into the first opening she saw, glad to be little as she squeezed past an unmanned cannon. The first thing that moved got a mace to the face. Close quarter fighting was one thing you did not want to have to deal with when there were enemies, but in this case, it gave Lilianna the option of attacking everything. Just swinging back and forth took a few soldiers down. Soldiers... they weren't zombies or anything like those people in the tower.

Because of her proximity to the deck, she wasn't just stuck in the middle of crowds of enemies, and was soon afforded relief by the few sober warriors boarding from the Alexander. Once she was up there, she faced a very annoying problem: their "team" didn't have uniforms. Fuck it, if it wears a uniform or makes a move towards me, it's getting killed.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
You damned idiot.

Gerhard's head pounded as he lay on the deck face first over the edge of a stairwell. He had no recollection of how he got there, where he was or even what he should be doing.

You're drunk.

It felt incredibly hard to stand but he made himself do it, nearly careening into a running crewmate of the Alexander who didn't even spare him time to yell at him. What was all the excitement about?

You can't even drink yourself into oblivion properly.

His condescending inner voice wouldn't stop berating him, buzzing in his mind like a furious gnat determined to drill its way through his skull. He heard a tremendous sound, the sound of gunfire. Of battle. Slowly he tried to summon the mana he knew he would need to preserve his life to his arms but it was if his powers had abandoned him.

You're going to die as you lived, a worthle-

The shot crashed into the deck where Gerhard stood, causing him to fly through the door of the Captain's quarters. Gerhard had never appreciated the sobering elements of battle more. Pulling a piece of wooden shrapnel out from his face, the acute pain replaced the heavy dullness of his brain. His focus returning, he could feel his powers instinctively drawing into his mana in reaction.

"A-lright. You have my attention." he said, wiping the blood from the gash in his obscured face away from his mouth.

Once more he forced himself up, shakily but with more purpose. He could feel that side of his mind, the calculating persona that Calamai had worked hard to instill in him, slowly trying to reassert control over a body stuck in a drunken stupor. With Dutch courage, he stepped out of the cabin and found the source of the broadsides. A massive airship although he couldn't discern anything else.

"WELL COME ON THEN!" he shouted, prepping fire within him. Anger was good for fire.

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
???

There was an odd? silence pervading him; by all concept he was asleep yet his mind still wandered. The hazy darkness was empty and silent, yet there was something pressing against his? well, everything. Thoughts poured out of him like a waterfall, showing flickering images that he could barely register; some he felt were not at all his own. As quickly as they appeared the still frames vanished leaving only a vacant wanting. A great bang caused something to twitch and gnarl inside him, and then return to rest. Another tremor was felt all around him, but a voice like the groaning of metal echoed in his mind:

[color=008B8B]"Awaken."[/color]

The haze parted and his eyes snapped open, darting around for anything, anything familiar. The first thing that caught his attention was a group of six people, donned in navy and white colors with one sporting a large coat. Each looked hardened and ready for blood.

He froze awaiting a reaction from the squad and its leader, pointed out by the large coat he wore opposed to the lighter jackets they wore. They looked hesitant to engage him for whatever reason, not out of fear but something? else. By the grave and dismayed expressions it looked like the squad was? repulsed.

"Just stick him and be done." The leader barked, and four of the squad charged forward with swords drawn. His body reacted instantaneously and pulled a jeweled wand out of his robes, while his mind turned to defense. Then lightning arced from the wand and struck the quartet, much to his surprise. The mage backed away from the group, wanting as much distance from them as possible. Unconsciously, the wand in his hand pointed to the odd soldier that stayed behind and with thoughts alien to him slung fire their way; in the back of his head he noted that the laggard was a healer and was ready to heal his injured comrades, and the spell had stopped that from happening. He had no time to note the instinct overriding his actions as the four soldiers resumed their charge, shaken as they were from the shock.

Another spell of lightning struck the quartet; this shot proved fatal to all but one who had chose to keep his distance. He only stared at the wand with formless questions building in his head. His mind wanted to get rid of the wand, but? he could not. something was preventing him from doing so. So fixed was he on this stick that he paid no heed as his body was covered in ice. A dull burning sensation shot to his extremities and a petulant rage built in him for being trapped. The stick had answered his frustration with a spell of fire, melting him out of his icy coffin. Before he could form a plan, instinct took over once again and backed away from the three blue mages that joined the two. Three knights joined him and charged forward, while another supplied him with a vial, urging him to drink it.

"I dunno what yer plans are, but I'm not gonna refuse the help." The crew member said to him.

The mage drank the contents and after a few seconds felt a renewed vigor.

"Thanks." He said. "What's going on here?"

The man looked at him like he had just lost his head.

"We're bein' attacked! If yer've got more magicks, now'd be good!" The man practically shouted. Before the mage could ask more, the voice of metal rang in his ears again.

[color=008B8B]"Then this would be where I could come in."[/color]

The mage was shaken by the sudden intrusion of the voice, looking around furiously for the source of it.

"Where are you?" He spoke aloud, not minding his assistance and the man's questions.

[color=008B8B]"I am always with you, and it is surprising to see you forget."[/color]

His mind racked with questions, who the voice was, how he knew it when he did not remember, what the voice was suggesting. There was so much to go over, but little to begin. Yelps and unformed words escaped his mouth, but no sense came out. The voice however continued and stunned him with his next words.

[color=008B8B]"I can hear your every thought, and you do not need to speak aloud."[/color]

His mind still wandered before he could get back to the voice's original suggestion. Despite how unnerving it sounded, it patiently waited before he spoke to it.

'... You mentioned that you could help. How can you?'

A sigh that sounded like steam building against heat escaped into the mage?s ears.

[color=008B8B]"By summoning me you can call upon my resources for this situation. Just think upon my name, Famfrit, and you should be able to do so. The memory in your flesh may know what to do though your mind does not."[/color]

The man who helped him left him, already dismissing the corpse of a man as a nut and charging forth. Meanwhile whole squads of blue were pressing the other warriors against the walls and edges. He chose at that time to call upon the voice, Famfrit.

He pointed his wand at the large gathering of blue soldiers, and focused his mind on the voice. Something that felt familiar to him built in him, filling him to the brim with a strange haziness and hyper-awareness.

"FAMFRIT!" the mage practically shouted, and a gate of cyan light opened right in front of him. One moment there was only the light. Next came a large armored figure that towered over every warrior on the ship twice over. The floor dove beneath him and the other warriors as it tried to accomodate the armored man?s weight, and the ornate wide-mouthed jug that was as big as the Esper?s torso. The Darkening Cloud groaned like metal on wood as he manipulated the jug to have the mouth pointed at the large crowd. What came out was a massive jet of water, shoving the soldiers over the side and left to grasp for air and water. The floor itself slanted as it took the water?s force.

The mage merely stood and stared as he saw Famfrit?s destructive handiwork...

Mr. Omega

Jul 1, 2010
Dagon sat there even as the Alexander was boarded. A large knight walked up to the squatting yuke, pulling out his blade. "Well... I don't mind some target practice..." he swung his blade down, intending to slice his head in two. However, Dagon reached up and grabbed his blade between his hands. "HAHA! Had you been a bit more hasty you might have gotten your strike in. But DAGON SETH is now purged of all impurities and ready to strike the wicked down!" He struck him with his elbow, sending him flying, crashing into the ship he came on. He was ready to strike again when the Black Mage summoned an Esper of water and sat back, watching it unleash it's attack. "Excellent! And now to find a way to the ship of the fiendish ones..."

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
"Men of Halvor! Stand and give them steel!" As the Imperial soldiers leapt across to her vessel Mira swept out her halberd, catching one in midair and impaling him on the blade. She grunted at the massive weight settling onto her weapon and twisted, dumping the corpse onto the deck. She furrowed her brow, swinging her halberd as she thought and spilling a man's abdomen onto the deck. Something about this was not right. The answer came as grappling lines were cast over from the other ship and dug into the hull of Alexander, dragging the great warship to a halt in the sky. They were trying to slow them down. These soldiers were no match for her warriors, but their ship was able to hold Alexander in place...

"Cut the lines! Give us all speed!"

She ran, breaking through the men around them, grabbing one and flinging him off the edge, and swung her halberd, severing two lines with a great sweeping blow. But more kept coming, even as the dead of the Empire littered the deck and their ship listed and shuddered from the blows of Halvorian cannon and the spells of their wizards, and the great water cannon of the Esper the strange fat mage had summoned.

Suicide attack.

"Cut the lines!"

The lines tugged and the two ships began to grind together, splinters spraying from the side of the deck, pinging off Mira's armor, a few finding gaps and digging into her. She ignored the sharp shocks of pain as the tiny wooden daggers pierced her flesh. They had to know they couldn't beat them, so there had to be one last coin in the air.

As she glanced around the battle for a moment, coming from the East - from over the sea. A black dot on the horizon, incredibly distant and yet already visible. She blanched, but turned back to the battle.

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
Roderic slid his knife along the blade, spinning past it as its wielder tried to run him through. These foes were a little more...disciplined than the previous ones. A little refreshing, as the previous foes had no chance of keeping up with him, meaning that his knife-play would be much more practiced here. The swordswoman who had been able to react to his presence a bit faster was a suitable test. As she pressed forward once more, Roderic tossed a knife which was deflected away, and then met the sword with one of the knives he had picked up from before.

She was well practiced, and ready for a prolonged fight with him. Usually that would be fine, and as he crossed his blades with hers once more, he grinned at the woman who didn't seem all that happy with his reaction. She shoved him back, and he gave a small spin, waving a dagger for show as they regarded one another. As they both contemplated their next move, an announcement was heard, which Roderic recognized from the good captain.

"Cut the lines!"

Roderic took a few steps back from the swordswoman, giving a bit of thought to that shouted phrase which led him to brace himself. Suddenly, the ship couldn't seem to sit still as they slammed into one another, causing his opponent to stumble, letting him throw his knives and finish the fight as he stumbled to the ground. It wasn't the most graceful way to end the fight, but apparently he didn't have the time now. They were being hooked together, and while Roderic did have hopes on taking the ship, it seemed that they already had plans on doing a lot more damage.

Which led to his next brilliant idea. While he knew the lines would need to be cut, they probably should keep moving. That meant making sure that the good captain of this ship would cooperate...meaning that he needed to get there to make the ship keep moving. To the front of the ship then, to make sure they could keep moving.

As he made his way up the steps, he glanced around. Quite a few dead today, which was not exactly what he had been anticipating doing on this trip. Not that he was bothered by it, as they had some...interesting things on them. Some pendants, coin, and other such things, because there was ALWAYS time for a bit of...collecting.

Well, here is to hoping that the steering of this thing is in relatively the same spot as the other ship, so that we can get this show moving...I'm sure we all have appointments to keep. So, lets make sure the captain understands the situation....

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
???

Famfrit did not even budge as the ship jerked to a stop. All that had done was topple a good number of the combatants; few of them saw this happening and braced themselves for the impact. It made spraying the soldiers in blue off the vessel an easy task; they were nothing more than deadweight as they were on their knees as his watery payload struck them with the force of a meteor.

The mage however was still dumbstruck by what he did and was in no way to react to the ship bringing him on his backside. A faceful of water washed over and got into his nose and mouth, making his chest crumple against his will. He not at all enjoyed that sensation and scrambled to his feet. Where he was standing had the spirit?s payload up to his shins and the clothes he wore were saturated and itched against his skin and he had, but he had no time to make himself more comfortable as more of those soldiers in blue were approaching: eight soldiers with two mages at their flank.

Famfrit must not have seen them; otherwise - the mage posited - he would have turned around and struck them down.

[color=008B8B]?I cannot attack all your enemies without consequence. You would have been a casualty if I retarget now.[/color]

?Oh?? He spoke to himself. The rod that had sat in his grasp was pointed at the squad. This time he started to notice something with him; a word or a twitch of his mouth as he eyed one blue soldier. His mouth then closed and then the jewel in his rod shone cyan before the soldier found himself encased in ice. His gaze pointed to the soldier next to his frozen comrade - who had begun to charge at the mage - and just like before his mouth moved on its own. A lightning spell shot out and fried the soldier to a crisp. His eyes went to his wand, with many questions forming in his head. He had hoped that Famfrit would chime in with some information as the spirit seemed to have known the mage well, but it said nothing.

The mage backed away from the remaining eight squaddies as they started fanning out to cut off any escape. His rod was pointed at the warrior on the far right - one with a sword and dagger - and expected another spell to come. But his mouth stayed still. He expected the eight to charge right at him and stick him like some roast behemoth, yet they remained still as well.

The Esper paid little heed to the standoff behind him and continued its squall on the mage?s enemies. He was asking so many questions in such a rapid pace that it would not be possible to answer them all at once for his convenience. He did notice more foes were boarding by the ship and directed the urn to the second ship. Squads were either pushed back violently or sent flying to the ground below. While it would thin the incoming foes out, it meant those already on the airship would be unhindered from their attack. Famfrit expected the soldiers in front to get close enough to start attacking the mage, but such attackers never came. They were too busy engaging the other combatants on the ship.

Then came bolts of lighting to the Darkening Cloud, and a groan of pain escaped him.

The two mages saw an opportunity to weaken the Esper and took it. The six footsoldiers shared a glance and charged from all sides. By instinct he struck at the mage in the middle, his mouth finally triggering a spell and freezing the man in his tracks. His gaze turned left and saw a sword raised to rend his body. His mouth reacted and his rod carrying hand followed. Fire exploded on the soldier cooking his insides and leaving a dry sensation on the mage.

Another duo of lightning struck and Famfrit groaned a metal groan...

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
The Bangaa took his mace in both hands, barreling after the small gria. He swung back and forth, and it wasn't the first time Lilianna wished she were a foot taller. Still, at least she was faster. She kept on the defensive, until she finally got a chance to return a blow with her own weapon. Unfortunately, it was a ruse, and as soon as he caught her mace, his weapon crackled to life with electricity. Next thing she knew, she was knocked on her ass, smoke rising off her armor. Damn, he looked even bigger from this angle. Lilianna quickly tucked her legs up and kicked the gladiator as hard as she could in the knee. When he stumbled, she jumped up and grabbed him by the breastplate, smashing her helmet against the nose of his armor. It left a good dent, along with a faint ringing. A raspy laugh echoed out of the bangaa's armor before it ripped off its faceplate, charging again. Lilianna stepped fast to avoid the electric stick, but it kept getting close enough to give her unpleasant zaps.

Right when she tried to charge him, and just take whatever shock she got, something else swept her off her feet. Fucking water?!? Her hands caught nothing as she was pushed a short distance off the ship. She sputtered for air and something to hold onto, flailing in all directions. Unlike her bangaa opponent, who was about to have a date with the ground, Lilianna just had to figure out which was the ground was, and go the opposite way. She found something's leg to hold onto, and what seemed like an eternity of waterboarding was done in a few seconds.
The leg she had grabbed onto, thankfully, looked like an ally. With a decent ass. Lilianna quickly gave her wings a few powerful beats to shoot them both up and back onto the boat. "I'm going to kill that mage!" she shouted to no one in particular, dragging what she now recognized as a ranger back over. They barely had time to brace themselves as the enemy ship collided with their own. Poor Mira, her ship is going to splinters Lilianna leapt up into the air, tired of all the tremors rocking the ships. She picked off a few easy targets, smashing a head in before flitting back up out of reach.

"Cut the lines!"
She could barely hear the Commander's voice, as usual, above the noise, but the command was repeated all around as the Alexander tried to pull away from its clingy partner. Lilianna didn't have anything nearly good enough to cut the grapples, unless her sister was ok with her smashing more holes in her ship to unlatch them. Instead, she made a short trip around the ship and back through a convenient hole into the side. If she couldn't break the cord, maybe she could just break whatever anchored it to the ship.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
...ow...

The sword sticking through Gerhard's chest began to immediately stain the front of his robes with blood. The boarding action had been frantic, with soldiers from both sides scrambling to gain or retain control of the Alexander's gun decks. Twice they had pushed back their tormentors but prior to this last wave they had swept the deck with grapeshot, causing everyone to duck for cover before they charged once more. It was when the fighting had become a massive, disorganized brawl that Gerhard found himself awash in a sea of enemy uniforms.

Forcing himself forward, he walked out of the blade, spinning around to unleash two hands of Fire to his opponent. The soldier, who had been moving forward for another thrust grabbed his head in anguish and fell over the side of the ship as the entire hull rocked from another broadside.

"CURE!" he shouted over the roar of battle as loud as he could before falling to his knees. Nobody with the knowledge to cast it seemed to have heard him as he gasped for breath.

The sails above him spun ominously as the sensation of fire from his hands spread up into his chest. With trembling hands, he struggled to pull out the remainder of the potion vial that had been given to him back in the tower. Before he had even finished it however another group of soldiers approached him, noticing that he was still moving behind their lines. Gerhard pulled out from within him a surge of Thunder to send it arcing inbetween them, causing them to shudder and fall twisting with the electricity.

"It's okay, I've got you mage!" shouted a voice over him and Gerhard found himself being dragged. An airsailor had fought his way through to him with some companions and they began to drag him back. What's more, the tide of battle appeared to be changing to their advantage with the enemy being repelled for a third and hopefully final time.

The bleeding on his chest had stopped with the effect of the potion closing the wound but the loss of blood had started to make his grip on reality fade out gradually as his saviors departed him to rejoin the fight. He observed, almost with dreamlike detachment, the hacking of limbs. He watched Mira and the Gria knight sweep from one side of the deck to the other as the tempo of battle seemed to get more desperate for their enemies.

"Can't we all just get along?" groaned Gerhard, his eyelids closing. The fighting, the drinking, the fighting...

Blackness.

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
???

The remaining five soldiers were on the mage as the two magic soldiers continues their spellcasting against Famfrit; the Esper was too preoccupied with blasting these blue enemies off the airship to retaliate though many could see black smoke coming out of the ornate armor that draped his massive form.

His mouth did not move; he had no spell; he had no time to run; he felt something warm across his side as he was pushed to the floor.

The world tumbled in the mage's vision before things started to look stable again. When he finally came to, the five were a short distance away. Once again on instinct he loosed another spell on one of the soldiers. Lightning arced from the ruby of his rod, and by fortune struck another soldier adjacent to the desired target; both soldiers were down for the count. A quick examination of himself found his free arm oozing with some black syrupy goo that stung when it grushed against his clothes. The other three squaddies charged at the mage again, swords brandished. It was at this time that he opted to reach higher ground where the water was not as deep.

A raised surface was found though it was mobbed by groups of blue soldiers and non-blue warriors. He had to push his way through the mob without getting hurt by either side. The push to the mound was chaotic at best, and a maelstrom at worst. Some soldiers and warriors changed their aim at him with a gasp, only to find them being taken advantage of by another foe. It was during the slog that he noticed something in his pocket and pulled out a knife with his free hand. His arm protested the sudden weight - light as it was - held in his grip, but it was better to hold it in addition to the rod. A speculation that proven right when the knife stuck into another wayward attacker in the veritable sea. He pushed and pushed, flailing his dagger at anything that moved - though without the magic he unconsciously wielded - until he made it to the mound.

From there he saw his attackers had broken pursuit and were caught up in the crowd that evaded Famfrit's spray. He had a clear enough view to notice where everyone was and was kept in a temporary zone of comfort. From his left he noticed a blue soldier approaching a decorated dragon-headed warrior from behind. He directed his wand at the would-be assailant and cast a spell of fire. The attacker was screaming at his injuries and left immobilized; what really set a joy in the mage?s mind was that he had an idea what he was saying to cast that particular spell.

[color=008B8B]'I need your assistance. The mages from before have not let up their assault.'[/color]

Famfrit?s words snapped him out of his small success and saw the building dark cloud around the spirit he summoned. The shining ornate armor began to look dented and darkened, with parts of it snapping off from pressure. The first thing he did was point his rod at the two blue mage-soldiers and cast another spell. The one foe he struck was fazed, but showed little sign of injury; he glared at the mage who was baffled at his resilience. Why did he not fall like the others.

There was only one thing the mage could do, but it meant wading past the crowd of combatants again. Leaving the scrape was harder than entering; he get nicked and bashed by wayward attackers, and more stinging pains showed up across his body, along with splotches of the dark goo. It started hurting badly to keep going, but kept going he did until the mage was out of the mob.

When the mage saw the two foes, he deposited his rod back into the robes, and put the knife in his dominant hand. He charged them as fast as he could, but the water forced him to fall on his face. One regular warrior had seen the mage's pratfall and must have figured out what he was trying to do, as he soon took up the charge against the two mage-soldiers. He gutted one right through the stomach, while the other one watched. Whatever confidence the other foe felt fell away and he ran, not paying any heed to what was in front of him; the mage.

He got back up and fortune must have smiled upon the mage as his enemy was absently running toward him. It was enough time to ready the knife again, and stab him in the front. The foe?s eyes went huge as he watch the apparent triumph of his alien combatant. And the something curious happened to the foes? eyes. The mage could not understand it, but something certainly happened to them; they were the same, but? different.

[color=008B8B]'Curious... Such thoughts did not exist in you before. You barely had any beyond what little you have spoken...'[/color]

'What do you mean? I don't know what you're talking about.'

[color=008B8B]'... Since giving you my power you have been very silent, and now your mind runs wildly with no restraint.'[/color]

'What do...?'

The mage wanted to know more, but another attacker from behind interrupted his pause. He felt something well up on his back that had a different pain than the needle-like stings. A fire spell ended the foe's intrusion right on the spot, but it was at this point the mage had enough of the combat and sought to go back to higher ground. Those thoughts of safety went down like the water on the ship as the soldiers and warriors now fought over the mound for their advantage. His gaze went below deck, but saw cascades of water leaking though; he was unsure if he could navigate through there since moving across the top deck was grueling enough.

Then he saw the other ship, and the ropes that tethered it to the airship he was already on. Since the blue soldiers were scrambling to get on, it made sense that there may be fewer foes - and would be dryer there.

"Famfrit, could you get rid of these foes for a while?" He asked aloud.

[color=008B8B]'... I can, but I may not weather another focused strike if more mages were to attack.'[/color]

The mage said nothing but began his climb to the other ship.

'Don't let go. Don't let go. Don't let go.'

Mr. Omega

Jul 1, 2010
Dagon had been busy fighting the various enemies when Mira gave the order. "Cut the lines!" He had reached one of them, preparing a blitz that would hopefully knock it away from the Alexander, when he noticed the fat bird mage climbing it. "AHA! Subtle sabotage. Striking the enemy at their home. A tactic worthy of DAGON SETH!" He saw Mira and Lilliana taking care of the enemy.

"My captain! I shall take care of this problem at the source!" he shouted, unaware of whether she would actually hear it or not. He looked to another line, jumping on and dashing towards the enemy warship. Remember the techniques... Balance like that maintained by the glorious crystals... swift like the rushing flow of mana... his movements almost resembled flight as he ascended, speeding towards the deck of the ship, until his view was blocked by another enemy soldier. I don't have time for this! He took a moment to think up a line, then focused his power into his arms. "Face DAGON SETH in the air, and know the fury of the raging wind!"

He began to slow down, moving his feet until he was spiraling, twirling his way up the line, extending his arms outward. He and the soldier got closer and closer, neither backing down, until Dagon's arm struck him in the neck, and a whirling vortex of wind appeared around him, launching the soldier into the air "HURRICANE LARIAT!" The whirlwind continued as he dashed up the line, leaping into the air once he was in range, landing on the deck on one foot, keeping his left arm extended while drawing his right to his chest, loudly declaring his intentions to the ship "QUAKE IN FEAR, FOUL ONES! YOUR TIME OF JUDGEMENT IS AT HAND!"