PS Vita & Nintendo 3DS - Digital titles from pevious generations to purchase

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
Hello all,

I have had a Vita and a 3DS for a while now, and been enjoying games like Dragons Crown, Rayman Legends, Pokemon X, Fire Emblem, and a little bit of Mario. I have been looking at purchasing some older games as well since I own a PSP and older Gameboy's/Nintendo systems, but then I realized there is the store to purchase digital copies.

So my question to you fine folks is -- What games have you been enjoying through the Nintendo Eshop/Playstation store which carry over well to these new systems. I was looking at Godhand, Growlancer, and a couple other RPG's for Vita, but still have to go through and see what it has going on.

Appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

Blade_125

Sep 1, 2011
Tactics Ogre. Chrono Trigger. Xenogears. A few final fantasy titles.

If you have a PS+ account you can get Gravity Rush for free. A new game, but a cool concept to play.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I got lots of NES and Gameboy Advance games because of the Ambassador program, even though I owned most of the games that they gave out. Though I didn't have Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and the game proved to be amazing, I would recommend it.

The Oracle Zelda games were a necessity once my Gameboy Advance SP started to act up a bit, so having those games available on 3DS is awesome.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
I've been really enjoying Valkyria Chronicles 2 on my PS Vita. So I would recommend that. Perhaps watch let's plays first to see if it's your cup of tea. Takes a few hours to get going but really good after that.

I have little experience with the Nintendo eShop. Do they have the SMT games on there? They're always a good pick. Phoenix Wright?
The first Phoenix Wright game is goooood. Myself, my brother, and my sister have all played it to completion and loved it.

Exhuminator

Oct 14, 2013
If you're into getting PSP RPGs for your Vita, you might find this article interesting:

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Top_20_PSP_RPGs/index.html

If nothing else, get this though:

http://us.playstation.com/games/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-psp.html

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
ThE vita has suprisingly good Playsation, PSP, and ported games performance. It might just be because it's more powerful than the PS3, though.

It can also play a few PS3 games, I think.

Honestly, the Vita isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Its memory cards are good and it can play lots and lots of older games, a long with its launch games. Really, it's suffering from the PS3's problem: It's just too good, so people are having problems developing for it.

Just wait and see.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
If you're on the EU PSN then you absolutely should grab Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3 and CTR as well as the Spyro and Medievil games.
There's a lot of value to be gotten out of Persona 3 Portable and God Eater as well as any of the Monster Hunter titles.

For 3DS, well, best ask someone else. Mine is, with the exception of Fire Emblem, a dedicated Pokemon device as my Nintendo handhelds always are.