PS Vita Slim Borderlands 2 Bundle Coming to The US in Spring

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
PS Vita Slim Borderlands 2 Bundle Coming to The US in Spring

The bundle will set you back $200 and come with the new Slim PS Vita, Borderlands 2 and six DLC packs, and an 8GB memory card.

For once, North America didn't get something video game related first, and its been patiently waiting for the PS Vita Slim, the new slimmed down re-design of the PS Vita, which was released in Japan last year and the UK last week [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131821-PS-Vita-Slim-Dated-and-Priced-for-UK-No-Word-on-North-America]. Well, that wait is now almost over, Sony's head of hardware marketing for PlayStation John Koller has announced the console is coming to North America this spring, in a $200 Borderlands 2 bundle.

For your information, the "PS Vita 2000" (as the Slim will be known as in America) is Wi-Fi only, and replaces the original Vita with one that's about 20 percent slimmer and 15 percent lighter. It comes with just 1GB internal storage capacity (which can be increased with memory cards) and a beefed-up battery life of around four to six hours.

The bundle will include an 8GB memory card, Borderlands 2 and six DLC packs, which are:

Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
The Psycho Character Class
The Mechromancer Character Class
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1
Collector's Edition Pack

Furthermore, for those of you who already have the game on PS3, Sony says that "you can also cross save your progress with your PS3," meaning you can pick up on the Vita right where you left off on your PS3.

"We like to iterate. We like to talk about the fact that the systems tend to evolve," said Koller. "The Vita evolves in many of the same ways that we've evolved other platforms in the past. This one I think is really important, though. This [slim PS Vita] makes it easier to play. It's a slimmer form function and it's just easier to hold in your hand. The LCD is brilliant."

This looks like a nice little bundle, and including a game that takes full advantage of the "cross-save" feature is a good move.

Source: Ars Technica [http://us.playstation.com/psvita/systems/psv-borderlands-2-bundle.html]

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Well, this is ? some pretty good news. I already have it on my pc, so I'm not very sure if getting the game on my vita also is a good idea?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Between this, the God of Sly collections and J-Star Victory Vs, I think I may finally be sold on the Vita...not so much for Borderlands but more for the low price, not-terrible memory stick bundled in and...well, I really haven't ever played Borderlands 2...so better late than never I guess.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Wow. If I had known that this model would come out so soon, I might not have gotten a Vita and PS Plus on Thanksgiving week. Then again, I don't dare dive into Borderlands for fear of addiction and got $30 off a Vita bundle and $20 off Plus back then.

The older Vita actually feels quite light. It's shaped too thin around the edges for my hands, but a bulky cover fixed that.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Wow, this sounds like a pretty good deal. I may have to pick this bundle up when it becomes available. I've been sort of waiting on a Vita for a while, and this might be what pushes me over the edge.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
This is the right direction for the Vita, great game, decent price. Still wont do it for me; I love Borderlands 2 but its one of those games best enjoyed in splitscreen.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Hot damn what a great deal. I wish I would have had that when I bought my Vita.

Still, having Borderlands 2 on the go is good enough for me. I'll be picking it up once it comes out.

The cross-buy is enticing as well. I still have the PS3 version and my buddy and I have been planning to do a new playthrough. I just wonder how cross-play will function exactly. If I can go to his house and play my save on my Vita with him while he's playing the PS3 version, then that's an insta-mega-buy.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
And thus my interest in a Vita has gone up immensely. I still don't have one, but have been thinking of getting one, and if it's close to my birthday then yay. Only thing that would cause me to just instantly go out and get a Vita is the fact that the memory cards are still too damn expensive.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Way to make me regret not waiting for the slim to buy a vita. XD

Sounds like a decent bundle. I wasn't too big on borderlands 2, but the kit is still pretty solid. 8 gigs is enough to run the software you can buy in store, though a bit light if you intend to heavily rely on downloadable titles. Hopefully this helps the vita's reception a bit.

Now if they'd just release more PS1 and PS2 classics...

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Aurgh...I was interested in BL2 for Vita, till I found out my Surface plays Borderlands 2 amazingly and...has a bloody video out to a TV. I have no idea why they didn't put that feature in the Vita after they had it in all but one model of PSP. I mean literally all hope of it getting a video out is gone as the PSV2000 has no accessory port, which is a bit lame to be honest.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
That's honestly a really good deal. Now I'm torn... wait to buy this when it comes out, or buy one now? This comes with pretty much everything I want (a good game, a good-sized memory card, and a new system). But the old version's screen is apparently a good deal better looking, which is a big thing for me. Plus I wouldn't have to wait as long. Honestly torn here.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
It's actually cheaper for me to buy this when it comes out than just buying a Slim with nothing bundled in right now.

Hmm...

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
If I didn't already have one I would get this bundle. The Vita is a lovely piece of tech and this is an absolute bargain.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Wait, this is really going to happen? I'd placed this firmly in the realm of not going to happen, but here it is all bundled up and ready for snow.

... Now I see why Borderlands 2 showed up on the ps+ store on the ps3. This is probably the best news I've heard for the Vita yet.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I really want a vita copy of BL2, but I've already invested so much money (DLC) and time into the PC version that I feel like Gearbox should be paying me at this point.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I'm... still not sold. It's great to see a good, cost-effective bundle for the Vita, but I can still only list the games I want for it on one hand. And to be honest, I was kind of holding out for the Vita TV... if that's even still a thing.