PS3 Becomes New Zealand's "Official Game Console"

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Wonderful - PS3 is the official console of a tiny Island. Well, ok, it isnt THAT tiny, but compared to a certain island next to it, and everywhere else in the world of course...

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
Well done good sirs, This is how you deal with a situation!

No legal action with dancing zombies.
No firing over pay claims.
No Bribing reviewers into perfect 10 scores....wait what?

Anyway, Yeah well done New Zealand!

CINN4M0N

Jan 31, 2010
Estocavio said:
Wonderful - PS3 is the official console of a tiny Island. Well, ok, it isnt THAT tiny, but compared to a certain island next to it, and everywhere else in the world of course...
Two medium islands, and a whole lot of tiny islands. There's more than you'd think..

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Dfskelleton said:
I don't know. Maybe Germany. Then, when they irritated me they would be speaking german and I wouldn't understand a thing they're saying.
OR!
We Take all the fan boys of Wii, 360, PC and PS3 put them on the battle royale Island and let the fight it out. And who ever wins... Gets shot on sight!

So no matter who wins, Society wins in the end... =')

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
The only way this fails is for not creating a third, even more amazing level of "win".

Mark Kennard

Mar 30, 2010
Oh dear. As a New Zealander, I don't want to be thought of as a PS3 user. I hate the damned thing because it's ruining my PC games. I bet this was all a big elaborate setup so Sony and TV3 could get publicity.

Also why did they give Sony a jar of Marmite? Marmite is foul, and why do they have to keep calling New Zealand Aotearoa. I hate that name It's so racist acting as if the Maoris are better than the caucasian New Zealanders. I'm not saying caucausians are better either, but the offical name for New Zealand is New Zealand. Use it.

CINN4M0N said:
Estocavio said:
Two medium islands, and a whole lot of tiny islands. There's more than you'd think..
Three large islands, and a group of small islands. Also it's not an island, it's a country. Would you class Japan as an island? We've got more land mass then them.

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
I guess this means that New Zealand has no games.

Seriously though, this is quite cool.

skorpion352

Apr 6, 2008
JakeTheSnakeMan said:
I'm moving to New Zealand. Who is with me?
we'll let you in, provided you dont mind being charged more for pretty much everything that isnt made locally, and even then some things that are, and dont mind shit internet speeds and data caps

CINN4M0N

Jan 31, 2010
Mark Kennard said:
Oh dear. As a New Zealander, I don't want to be thought of as a PS3 user. I hate the damned thing because it's ruining my PC games. I bet this was all a big elaborate setup so Sony and TV3 could get publicity.

Also why did they give Sony a jar of Marmite? Marmite is foul, and why do they have to keep calling New Zealand Aotearoa. I hate that name It's so racist acting as if the Maoris are better than the caucasian New Zealanders. I'm not saying caucausians are better either, but the offical name for New Zealand is New Zealand. Use it.

CINN4M0N said:
Estocavio said:
Three large islands, and a group of small islands. Also it's not an island, it's a country. Would you class Japan as an island? We've got more land mass then them.
I'd hardly call Stuart island large...

maxben

Jun 9, 2010
SpAc3man said:
What a lucky bastard... Ok I do have Marmite and Milo in my cupboard but he got Pineapple Lumps! Our proud country's gift from God!
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU7JGxDbi64&feature=related[/link]

and don't get me started on Toffee Pops.. Orgasm in chocolate biscuit form..
Haha, that's an awesome commercial!
I'm going to have to ask my mom to pick me up some next time she goes over.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Apophis47_NZ said:
Makes me proud to be a kiwi.... well, not the ripping off part, thats more Australian than NZ ;-P
Not really. Most NZ TV shows are ripoffs of popular American and British shows. New Zealand's Got Talent, New Zealand Idol, New Zealand's Next Top Model, The Singing Bee (ripoff of Don't Forget the Lyrics), Are You Smarter Than A 10 Year Old? (ripoff of Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?)

And yet, with our can-do spirit, one would think that Scrapheap Challenge would be the perfect show for us to do a version of. Alas, it is yet to happen.

On topic now, I feel kinda bad for not owning a PS3. Oh, well. I'll get over it.

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Mark Kennard said:

Eaaaassyy mate, The best thing about Equality in this fair country of ours is the right to call New Zealand whatever we want! Personally I call it home and thats fine with me.
As for Marmite? Meh its Nice, good on toast (the trick is to use it sparingly and with butter, tastes great!) But again, equal rites, you can hate it, I can love it, And we can still go round to the same mates house for a Barby :)

(oh and as a PC user, Consoles have their market, we have ours. Both may have bad habits which they sometimes share (*cough* pay-for-DLC) but we can all get along. A set up by TV3 and Sony?....To get more NZers playing PS3....Huh, I wouldn't think a country of 4 million would be particularly important compared to saaay, any one major city in USA...)

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Now see that is kind of cool to be endorsed by a country as the 'Official Game Console' but remember this is New Zealand that we are talking about, notable for the other two major things that people immediately think when they hear those words:
Moutains
and
Sheep.

So yes, wouldn't get too excited.

... What? I'm an Aussie, therefore I am more or less required by law to rag on the Kiwi's at least once or twice a year!

Okay seriously though, all jokes aside this does sound kind of cool.