PS3 DanceDanceRevolution Tests More Than Your Feet

gregoryg

Mad Scientist
Jul 13, 2010
PS3 DanceDanceRevolution Tests More Than Your Feet

Move-powered motion controls spice up the dancing in the newest DanceDanceRevolution.

With games like [http://www.amazon.com/Just-Dance-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002MWSY3O/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1281727174&sr=1-1] getting so much attention, it's easy to forget about the one that started the whole dancing genre, DanceDanceRevolution. Sure, the series has had a number of entries in recent years, but the fanfare doesn't seem to be there like it used to. Well, Konami no longer seems content to allow other dancing franchises to hog the limelight. Its latest entry in the series, and the first to hit the PS3, brings the franchise up to date with new modes, new songs, and support for the PlayStation Move and PlayStation Eye add-ons.

Players with the Move motion controller can dance to the song with both their hands and feet, pointing the wand at on-screen targets while tapping arrows on the foot pad. Special motions will also allow the player to manipulate the interface, doing things like zooming in and out or moving lights around the screen.

If you've ever wondered what you look like while flailing around on that dance mat, hooking up a PlayStation Eye camera will display your silhouette on the screen as you dance. Be careful - the sudden realization of what you look like while trying to keep up with the hardest songs might be enough of a distraction to completely kill your performance.

DanceDanceRevolution features a number of other enhancements for series' faithful, including forty-five new songs (twenty licensed and twenty-five from Konami artists) and a variety of new gameplay modes. The Club Mode will watch you perform and will adjust the difficulty level accordingly over the course of a two to twenty song marathon. Competitive players will want to face off in the new Dance Off mode, or test their skills in the Challenge difficulty, which adds four extra diagonal arrows to the fray.

Like a number of other game coming out next year, DanceDanceRevolution will allow you to share your successes (and failures) with all of your friends. Players can record and edit in-game videos and upload them directly to Facebook or YouTube.

DanceDanceRevolution hits the PlayStation 3 this winter. I'll spare you guys the replays of my easy-mode failures.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5612154/dancedancerevolution-ps3-moves-you-onto-your-television]

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Already looks better than Just Dance. Im sick of my sister playing that terrible game.

I remember the good old Jungle Book dance game. That was so much win.

Schlagwerk

Nov 5, 2009
Dance games died when Konami assimilated RoXoR.

And there are spaces in "Dance Dance Revolution"!

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Cough this has already been done with EyeToy in Dance Factory among others cough.
And for that matter I think a Wii version of DDR did it.

But anyway, DDR will always be inherently fun, like Pokemon: they can add a small gimmick, and the core will still be fun.

Torque669 said:
Already looks better than Just Dance. Im sick of my sister playing that terrible game.

I remember the good old Jungle Book dance game. That was so much win.
My sister had that game!
I have no opinion about it, I'm just astonished someone else bought it. I thought she was the only person to have it...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe! I approve!!! It should make dance dance a lil more co-ordinated!

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
So, like the DDRs on the Wii, then. Bet you it's coing to be subtitled Hottest Party 3.

Cozzzy

Mar 6, 2009
So it's Stepmania on a console with a camera pointing at you?

... I'll stick to my Stepmania thank you.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Cozzzy said:

To be exact, Stepmania is DDR on a computer with a keyboard in front of you.

Just saying.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
Twilight.falls said:
Cozzzy said:

To be exact, Stepmania is DDR on a computer with a keyboard in front of you.

Just saying.
Or a shitty softpad you buy off ebay that wont work with your PSX to USB converter and then you set it to Pump mode on stepmania and realize that you should just stick to playing DDR/PIU in the arcades :D