YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
"Ewing followed the statement with: 'I'm here to say that it's not.'"

And I'm here to say that, sorry, it is.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
its like second life if you took away all the things that made it good... and gave it slightly better graphics

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
Jaredin said:
To me. When I look at home all I see is a glorified Second Life. I think general consensus on this it is sh*t, is right
While I don't have a PS3 (and likely never will this current game generation), even I have to admit that from the views of an outsider Home seems nothing more than a rip-off of Second Life. The main exception is that the Furries have been replaced with Perverts who can be even worse than the other (because I've met plenty of Furries who are perfectly fine/fun to hang with), but I lose patience with Perverts pretty damn fast on most forums/mediums.

The fact that it isn't very well liked by the PS3's community should have been sending the developers little warning signs that they're doing something wrong. I don't care if it is commercially useful in terms of selling things in an online marketplace (which Second Life has been doing for years now), if it isn't popular and/or no one is using it, it is nothing more than a waste.

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
s69-5 said:
I tried it upon release.
Played with it for about an hour. Then exited and deleted from my PS3, never to be used again.

Why would I want to play "Second Life" when I have Demon's Souls (for example) waiting for me...
This is exactly what Home's most crippling flaw is, aside from having to wait in line (seriously, why can't you just walk through people like in Runescape?) home's kinda cool, but not nearly as cool as your PS3 games. Without Xi there anymore, there's really no reason to log back onto home.
Oh, C'mon! I cant be the ONLY ONE who's followed Xi! I saw like 4........people...there...
but in all seriousness, it was pretty cool.

Funkysandwich

Contra Bassoon
Jan 15, 2010
That's really the whole situation in a nutshell. If I owned a PS3, why would I even turn it on to do anything other than play games and watch movies?

I wouldn't really call home a game... If they wanted people to use home, they should just remove the ability to play games in the next batch of updates... seems to be sony's way of doing things.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Ok I'll sum up the few times I booted up this thing.

Make toon. Make toon leave house.

Go to play games, all games full of people not playing...sit waiting to play...no one leaves. Decorate apt.

It's like the Sims with anything intresting cut out of it so yeah it is shit.

pretentiousname01

Sep 30, 2009
Mimsofthedawg said:
For some reason, I have this crazy idea that once the Move gets here, Home's going to become the sheez.
I see what you did there.
~~~
ot:
Someone defending something they made to the ignorant masses. Not terribly surprised there.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Took em long enough to catch up. I bought a PS3 to play, not to live through it.

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I thought they were going to leave it in open beta and just make money selling people virtual furniture forever. These guys are either geniuses or idiots. Place your bets!

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Carlston said:
Ok I'll sum up the few times I booted up this thing.

Make toon. Make toon leave house.

Go to play games, all games full of people not playing...sit waiting to play...no one leaves. Decorate apt.

It's like the Sims with anything intresting cut out of it so yeah it is shit.
woaw the way you described it made me think of: "What if Yahtzee would review PS HOME!"

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
I tried it a couple of times recently. It was an...ehh...interesting experience. Apparently guy avatars harassing female avatars (convinced they're not traps) is a big thing there. Also there was this one guy who looked very keen in performing virtual fellatio on my avatar. Thanks, but I think I'll stick to the games.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I thought Home was shit. The only things you can do there are some boring arcade games, bowling and that other game (Snooker/Pool/Billiards, whatever they want to call it) that takes half an eternity to get into a game. And then realise it controls like piss.

I don't care much for the customization aspect, I want some entertainment!

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
How to make Home fun: turn it into crackdown.

Or infamous, or whatever, just treat it like a crazy open world sand box.

yeah, basically, why if I am in a virtual world am I limited to moving around as if it was a real place?!? Seriously, how much fucking lack of imagination is that? I want to be able to leap out of the plate glass window of my penthouse apartment, and then their smash into the concrete below or fly through the air and fire laser guns at my friends.

Being one of the one-in-three who TRIED Home and looked out my window into the harbour I wondered "boy wouldn't it be fun if I could just dive into that water from this balcony?"

But no.

You know what, I don't like wandering around malls in real life, why would I care about an unnecessarily realistic recreation of that?!?

If Sony wanted a space that other PS3 users can interact THEN LET THEM INTERACT. Wandering around and doing the occasional dumb dance is NOT ENOUGH, and obvious thing (to me) is make it a consequence free playground. Various plugins could allow impromptu shooting games and just make up the rules and follow them as you like, like hand out paintball gun. Then how about some fighting challenge, a parkour challenge, just leave some bikes and dodgem cars to run people over.

Of course all harmless fun, people jsut bounce off dodgem cars, but wouldn't it be cool if you could get around your Home neighbourhood like that?

And how about you get a bit more creative than just putting demos and videos lying around in easy reach. How about handing out treasure maps and prizes to the first 100 people who find it? Then hide the demo in an underwater maze, at the top of a ridiculously tall tower, or even some place that could only be reached through teamwork

basically, make it an MMO mario-world.

now that would be something special but instead they just played it safe and boring. It is as if the advertisers said:

"oh, we all want them to see our video. Then we must just put the video right there in middle of promenade from them all to see... but none will care."

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
I've tried it for about two-three hours. Didn't see the point. If I want to socialize with people there are far easier ways.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
As long as they say it's a "beta" any critism can be ignored.

Home developer "This home is really terrible"
Consumer "Oh that'll be fixed in the next upddate"
Consumer "Oh, when is that coming out?"
Home developer "Look over there it's a pink kitten" *Jumps through unopened window*