PS3 "Must haves"?

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
Borntolose said:
Uncharted 2, Demons' Souls and Little Big Planet.
I can vouch for Demon's Souls. It's devilishly hard to pronounce, but it's really good and very challenging.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Psychosocial said:
RollForInitiative said:
Uncharted 2 and Valkyria Chronicles. That is all.
You have a prinny as your avatar but don't tell him to get Disgaea 3. I should slap you right on the head for this!
I'm a much bigger fan of the original Disgaea -- hence the avatar -- than I was of the second or third. It wasn't bad, but it didn't live up to its predecessor enough for me to warrant calling it a "must-have" title for the PS3 when I can easily think of two titles that were significantly more enjoyable for me. ^_^

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Uncharted 1 & - Smooth, polished, and a blast to play. I'm playing through the first one now and it feels like you're in a great action movie.

Killzone 2 - Highly immersive FPS that is so chaotic you won't believe your eyes when you first play it.

Resistance - Fascinating story, fun gameplay, and a great health system (combines a health bar and regeneration)

I also picked up Folklore at a used bin at blockbuster and it's really quite a fun game. Not a "must" but certainly a treat for a PS3 exclusive.
JWRosser said:
I don't have a PS3 but some of their console exclusive games look good, most notably God of War...looks a lot more fun than 360's GoW...which was alright but I got bored of it.
After GoW2's fight with Scourge (or whatever that thing was called with the chainsaw-spear), I think that Cliffy B played a little too much God of War.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
Get_A_Grip_ said:
LightspeedJack said:
Metal Gear Solid 4
God of War 3
Little Big Planet
Final Fantasy XIII
Uncharted 1+2
Dead Space
Street Fighter 4
Batman Arkham Asylum
Call of Duty 4
Killzone 2
Mirror's Edge
The Orange Box
Forza 3
Mass Effect 2

Enough to get you started?
The Orange Box is pretty much terrible on the PS3.
Also you can't get Forza 3 or Mass Effect 2 on the system either.
Oh my bad on Forza 3, Mass Effect 2 is coming out on PS3 so I thought I would include it anyways as it is an amazing game.

Boober the Pig

Sep 8, 2008
Another vote for infamous and to add to the list, Wipeout HD + Fury. Great futuristic racing game with excellent visuals for a great price.

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
Alright here's my long list of recommendations:

God of War 3- Since you have God of War Collection and 3 is just as good as the other two.
Yakuza 3- Unbelievably fun Action game in the style of God Hand which has tons of side quests.
Little Big Planet: Game of the Year Edition- Best Game on the PS3 and get 2 when it comes out.
Uncharted 1 and 2
InFamous
3D Dot Game Heroes- A fun Zelda game tribute.
Metal Gear Solid 4- If you're a fan of the series.
Resistance: Fall of Man- Best exclusive FPS on the console.
ModNation Racers- Worth buying if only for the customization options.
Demon's Souls- A very hard but rewarding RPG.
Heavy Rain- Only an okay game in my opinion but still a unique and original experience if anything.

Here are some non exclusive titles that I recommend as well:

Batman: Arkham Asylum- Really fun game and the PS3 version lets you play as the Joker which is a plus.
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Game- Great downloadable action game based of the comics by Bryan Lee O'Malley.
Super Street Fighter 4- Since it's the upgrade of the original anyway, which is good as well.
Eternal Sonata- A good JRPG based on the last moments of composer Fredric Chopin's life.
Mafia 2- Doesn't matter if you get the PS3 of Xbox version but a must have either way.
Bioshock 1 and 2
Castle Crashers- If you don't have an Xbox 360 since it just recently came to the Playstation Network.
Marvel Vs Capcom 3- A must buy once it comes out.

Chancie

Sep 23, 2009
Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavy Rain, Resonance of Fate, and Folklore. Well, that's my list, anyway. I hear Demon's Souls is brilliant too, but I haven't played it myself yet.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Throwing in another recommendation for LBP :D It's bloody brilliant.

LBP2 is coming out soon though so you should get that, it's all backwards compatible so you don't need to worry about getting the first game as well.

persona J

May 25, 2009
uncharteds, heavy rain, infamous, heavenly sword, killzone 2, ones to avoid are resistance coz its a bag of ballz, motorstorm coz its a bag of ballz and little big planet coz its the biggest bag of ballz.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Well, sounds pretty much like everyone is on agreement on a lot of games.

I'm absolutely getting God of War III (was gonna get that anyways after finishing GOW 1 and 2), InFAMOUS, Demon's Souls (just a shame the servers close next year..), Uncharted 1&2, LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain.

Probably Final Fantasy XIII (Love FF!) and Valkyria Chronicles... Now i just need money :p

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
Hmm I don't own a PS3... but if I ever buy one Heavy rain will be one of the first games that I will buy.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
phenity said:
Infamous, Infamous, Infamous and maybe if you're in the mood for a pretty great game, Infamous.
I don't think you really liked infamous.

OT: I would recomend red faction and borderlands

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Easily Demon's Souls, if you're confident in your gaming skills.

Lots of good recomendations already made. I'll also second Uncharted 2.

danintexas

Jul 30, 2010
If you get Demon's Souls buy a couple extra controllers. I ended up RAGING a couple through a wall.

Most bad ass game though.