PS3 Owners Are Pissing Me Off

DarkShadow144

Nov 16, 2010
I really don't have anything against Sony. I understand that I shouldn't be mad that they got hacked, it's a problem that comes with the world we live in today. Of course that didn't stop me from getting rid of my PSP. In fact,once they get the psn up and running, I plan on getting a PS3 myself.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Ima842 said:
Iwata said:
Dude, my PS3 is my favorite console, and I don't give a fuck about multiplayer.

I do, however, like to browse the Playstation Store, buy games in it, and I have a few single-player games whose vouchers I can't redeem. None of that is enough to make me get rid of my PS3, though. I've had far worse experiences with my 3 (!!!) X-Box 360's (because they kept busting up) and my neglected Wii.
Everytime I see your username I scream It's islam!.
On topic I love my ps3, but I was hoping to play online on dead read redemption (witch I just got)
You're supposed to scream ALLAH ACKBAR!

Apr 24, 2008
Seems like a good enough reason to me. I'm keeping mine, but I don't care for online at all.

If online shooters are your thing(let's face it, they dominate our attention...especially online)then you're probably better off with a 360 controller in your hand anyway. Never got used to FPS's on the ps3 controller.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
I don't blame Sony for getting hacked. I'm sure it could have just as easily been MS getting hacked as well. The truth is, if a hacker wants to get into any system, they can and will.

So I agree with you, I don't understand why people are trading in their systems for an XBOX. But to each their own. I don't play games for multiplayer anyway.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
I only play 1 game, and if I could not play it online then I would defs be trading in my PS3. Fortunately I play on PC so none of this affects me.

Lancer723

Dec 12, 2008
A lot of people prefer to play online games.
A lot of people don't like their information getting taken.

Simple really.

As a sidenote, why do you even care what other people do? How is it anyone's business but them what they do and what types of games they like to play.

Just rude man.

cystemic

Jan 14, 2009
didn't the xbox have two weeks of downtime itself a few years ago? I have nothing against xbox users and unless they provoke me, i try not to leap into a fight, but these people are just dumb, especially with infamous 2 and uncharted 3 coming out this year and i can only imagine how amazing deus ex is gonna look on the ps3. also mass effect 3 is gonna be on the ps3 and im drooling already :D

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
They're jumping because they're drama queens, and they think that the 360 is un-hackable, which is just ridiculous considering it has happened more than once in the past, and will again.

But, hey. If it means that there are going to be a few less ignorant morons on the PSN, and a few more on the 360, I can't exactly say I'm bothered by it.

drh1975

Dec 8, 2010
I'm with you. Our fellow PS3 owners need to get over it. Seriously, I may have to smack the next twit who whines about the PSN outage. Sony will restore the network when they are ready. I know some people, like my three PSN friends, are crying because they can't play Black Ops online, but there's more to the PS3 than playing mindless shoot-em-ups online. Don't get me wrong. I like Black Ops, but I don't plan on trading in my PS3 for a 360 any time soon. That and I already own a 360.

omega_peaches

Jan 23, 2010
I forgot to say this in my post:
Most of the rich kids that asked mommy and daddy to buy them an Xbox and sold their PS3s will be gone, so less annoying little kids.
And less people, so better connections!

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
I'm definitely not getting rid of my PS3, it's heaps better than 360 anyways. I'd rather play games I enjoy than talk to 20 dipshits on a cross-game chat channel.

gigacorona

Oct 18, 2009
lol, reminds me a bit of the time my friend asked me why my PS3 doesn't log me in automatically when I turn it on. I only use the online mode of my PS3 about 5% or less of the time I'm playing.

Still there has always been a section of the community both paraniod and wealthy enough to do things like this, as if they feel somehow that sony is untrustworthy because they are attacked by a third party and somehow microsoft is a diffrent kind of enitity. (They are both profit motive corparations so they both about as evil and trustworthy as a money press or a brick of cement :p )

pyramid head grape

[Game-Over]
Feb 4, 2011
Adam Gadal said:
I need to state too things before I start:
1. I myself own a PS3
2. This is not meant to be a general rant, just my point of view on the current state of affairs

By now I am sure that everybody knows what is going on with Sony and the PSN. It's old news now, and hopefully Sony will have the PSN back up soon (hell it could be up now as far as I know...haven't bothered to check). I am not a Sony fanboy, and I would have an Xbox 360 instead if some of the PS3 Exclusive games didn't cater to me better than the 360 exclusives.

What I don't understand is this: I have heard within the past few weeks from a bunch of different people who own PS3, that they are trading in their PS3's and getting Xbox 360's because of the recent events going on with the PSN. I can't understand the reasoning behind this what so ever.

I could 'maybe' understand your decision if you reasoning was along the line of, "I've never been too big on Sony, and now they have given me a reason not to trust them." You know what, fine I will agree with that line of thought. However the reason this is just aggravating right now is because most of the arguments I continue to hear are, "Well I can't play online with the PSN down, so I'm getting a 360 where I'll be able to play my games online." <<<<<<<THIS LINE OF REASONING IS WHAT CONFUSES ME!!!!!!!!

Why is it you NEED to play video games online? There are SO many things you can do offline. I mean there are so many good new games you can play; Mortal Kombat (sorry Australians :( ), Portal 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, LittleBigPlanet2. Geeze, that is only naming some new releases. There is also older stuff like God of War (1-3), LittleBigPlanet, Assassin's Creed (1/2), Heavy Rain, heck even devil May Cry 4 if it fits your fancy!

So you don't want to play those games single player. Fine, how about try something NEW? There are THOUSANDS of FREE video games you can download for the PC that are extremely fun!

tl;dr - Why are people getting rid of their PS3 for Xbox 360s when there is so much you can still do even with the PSN down?
This is word for word what I told some "C.O.D players" at work.
Online is not the best thing in the world, hell I find online games boring after 3 hours (min).

I think its Ego filling or something example "I just killed some N00B who is somewhere in the world feeling really stupid that I killed him, teabaging time!"

I have played more off-line games that completely out-do any on-line game;

Portal 1/2
Amnesia the dark descent
Shadow of the colossus (easily my favourite game ever... I am a music and art lover you see)
Silent hill 2/3/4 If your in to that sort a thing ...I am.

There are so many more open your eyes and look crazy would be trade-in-ers.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
EcksTeaSea said:
Its not a question of PSN down, its the matter of Sony's security was lax enough so that their information could be stolen. Trust is the problem, not PSN being down.
That's exactly not the problem for most people. I've read more arguments against the online being down than their security being breached.

Lt. Dragunov

Sep 25, 2008
No one knoews for sure what happened or what was stolen only sony does and they are'nt saying anything. Now i can understand if people want to trade in thier ps3's for a 360 because of what has happened, it's thier personal opinion. If it's because sony has been giving stupid information then what ever, if it's because sony did'nt say anything about user's infor could have been stolen then fine what ever, if it's because they are mad because sony got hack then thats debatable nor you or i know for sure the state of sony's security for sure. If 360 went down and microsoft did the same things sony did then people will leave 360 and get ps3's. I don't understand why people get bent outta shape because of people switching systems, it's not hurting you, it's that person's decision, get over it.

Also i should add some players, like myself, are online gamers and this outage is like detoxing a drug addict in the middle of the night. Some people can't handle not being able to play online after playing online so much, what would happen if a person who did'nt play online much was suddenly forced to only play online for a long time? same thing would happen. Now like i said i am an online gamer but iv decided to wait this outage out, even though i am pulling my hair out. And why don't i play a pc game you ask? Money, plain and simple. not everyone has the money to just go out and buy a decent computer for gameing, so we do the next best thing, sell what dose'nt work the was we want and get something that does.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
EcksTeaSea said:
Its not a question of PSN down, its the matter of Sony's security was lax enough so that their information could be stolen. Trust is the problem, not PSN being down.
Apparently their security was better than first thought. I had a source, believe me, but my not posting it is a combination of laziness and not remembering where the source came from.

Also, people make mistakes. They fuck up. And this could of happened to any company; it could have happened to Microsoft, because ANYTHING and ANYBODY can be hacked. Codes are meant to be broken, and Sony got the shit end of the stick. That doesn't mean that my trust is now shattered into oblivion, in fact, I trust Sony more now because they aren't rushing to put the PSN back online. They're getting it right this time, and I admire that.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
RanD00M said:
EcksTeaSea said:
That's exactly not the problem for most people. I've read more arguments against the online being down than their security being breached.
Then that just depresses me, but ah well. People are gamers first I suppose.
Kadoodle said:
EcksTeaSea said:
Apparently their security was better than first thought. I had a source, believe me, but my not posting it is a combination of laziness and not remembering where the source came from.

Also, people make mistakes. They fuck up. And this could of happened to any company; it could have happened to Microsoft, because ANYTHING and ANYBODY can be hacked. Codes are meant to be broken, and Sony got the shit end of the stick. That doesn't mean that my trust is now shattered into oblivion, in fact, I trust Sony more now because they aren't rushing to put the PSN back online. They're getting it right this time, and I admire that.
Getting it right now doesn't mean too much to me. It should not have happened on the scale that it did.