PS4 racing games for 2 players

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
im not familiar enough with racing titles but me and my wife want something simple to play with each other.
it does not have to be the latest title since we rather have something cheap. just some recommended titles were you either drive cars or bikes and do simple laps.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
These are all fairly budgeted digital games so far;

Beach Buggy Racing... Basically a Mario Kart that isn't actually that bad, regardless of a name so generic it's instinctual to gloss over entirely.

Renegade Riptide GP... Future boats in future world setting, there's 2 of these games on the store and it's the sequel that contains the best buck for bang, but the sequel isn't the one with a '2' in its' title, so don't be fooled!

Trackmania Turbo... There's a demo for that available, that's unfortunately the extent of my experience there, but it may suit your needs.

These ones are generally considered to be good, but I cannot personally vouch for without trying them myself;

Mantis Burn Racing... Isometric racing with 'rpg elements.' There's a couple of similar titles in this genre available.

Wipeout: Omega collection... I assume most people already know what Wipeout is. Unless its' popularity was confined to solely the UK. Well this is supposed to be the best of that, distilled into one polished package.

Blaze Rush... Am not sure how to describe this isometric insanity, but it looks pretty damn fun and I should really get around to trying it soon.

There's probably more, but those are basically the digital-only downloads that seem to provide close to what you desire. Weird that offline splitscreen is so often absent in bigger budget titles.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
thanks. most of the titles i can not find online at my local stores or even on ps store but some do appear. i guess they are restricted for australia. wipeout certainly got my interest and by looking at youtube, it does look pretty colorful and a bit unique.

it is indeed hard to find a racing game that has split screen. the one i have gotten today is not very exciting (moto racer 4). good thing it was a preowned one so the cost wasnt too high but still a bit of a shame that it did not deliver as we have hoped for.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I put the title the wrong way around for Riptide...it's actually Riptide GP: Renegade. Sorry! And the previous entry is Riptide GP2, which isn't bad by any means. Only lacking in comparison to its' sequel.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I don't have any racing games, but umm...if you like sports using cars, I'd recommend Rocket League. It IS a fun game and games can be pretty short if you want them to be.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i do have rocket league. just we both arent really good at it and she is even worse. so she gave up on it pretty quickly. but she said she woulndt mind a simple racing game with either cars or bikes.
so i have gotten wipeout. we both like it a lot. even when we are not great at it since we both arent much in to racing but we are having fun, which is important.

thanks for your suggestions. it helped.