PS4 Will Not Have a Dedicated Facebook App

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Strazdas said:
Dragonbums said:
Strazdas said:
So another reason not to buy Playstation 4? Sony, why do you keep telling us how much worse is your console now? Too late to cancel preorders so now you can tell us the bad parts?
Let's be honest here, do you honestly care about Facebook on your console when you most likely have 5 other gadgets that do the same thing infinitely better?
Lets jut say i have hacked my phone OS for the sole reason to delete integrated facebook application. So yes, i care.
So if Facebook isn't even going to be working on the PS4 properly how does that make the console worse?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Dragonbums said:
Strazdas said:
Dragonbums said:
Strazdas said:
So another reason not to buy Playstation 4? Sony, why do you keep telling us how much worse is your console now? Too late to cancel preorders so now you can tell us the bad parts?
Let's be honest here, do you honestly care about Facebook on your console when you most likely have 5 other gadgets that do the same thing infinitely better?
Lets jut say i have hacked my phone OS for the sole reason to delete integrated facebook application. So yes, i care.
So if Facebook isn't even going to be working on the PS4 properly how does that make the console worse?
I think you misunderstand the news article. Its not only going to be working, its going to be part of the core OS.
Facebook and the PS4 are also highly connected at the system level. Case in point, Facebook ID will be one way users can verify their identity on PS4: "It'll bring in your Facebook profile picture and you have the opportunity to manage whether people are looking at your PSN avatar or your Facebook profile picture, [which is displayed] on a per-other user basis."