PS4's Horror Inspired Basement Crawl Blows Up With New Screens

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
PS4's Horror Inspired Basement Crawl Blows Up With New Screens

I ... um ... hokay, so there's this thing ... no. No, Granny. That's just not right at all.

It's difficult to know what to make of PS4 exclusive Basement Crawl. Gameplay, the developers promise, is a bit like Bomberman and Spy Vs Spy, a statement that these new screens seem to confirm. But then there's that trailer; that strange, chilly little trailer. Sure, there's some Bomberman in there somewhere, but there's also a hefty dose of Chucky and Saw. Whether or not that floats your boat will probably depend on how much you like dear old Granny here, as she gives sound advice to her doting granddaughter.

AMA [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100021-Classical-Music-Goes-Guitar-Hero-in-Music-Master-Chopin]. "They're very helpful and we get a feeling that they actually care."

[gallery=1926]

Bloober Team might take its title to other PlayStation platforms some day, and there's an outside chance it'll end up on PC as well, but right now it's only for the PS4. No concrete word on a release date, but it's meant to be out within the PS4 launch window, so presumably it's due very soon.

Source: Bloober Team [http://basementcrawl.com/]

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
That trailer was very creepy and atmospheric and got me very interested...sadly the screenshots of the actual game pretty much killed my interest in it. It may be a fun bomberman-like game but I can't help feeling there is a lot of missed potential.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
gamegod25 said:
That trailer was very creepy and atmospheric and got me very interested...sadly the screenshots of the actual game pretty much killed my interest in it. It may be a fun bomberman-like game but I can't help feeling there is a lot of missed potential.
So I'm not the only one? I was thinking it was going to be a like Deception (wonder if anyone remembers that one) where you're avoiding or setting traps through a strange random dungeon.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
Arawn said:
gamegod25 said:
So I'm not the only one? I was thinking it was going to be a like Deception (wonder if anyone remembers that one) where you're avoiding or setting traps through a strange random dungeon.
That trailer was awesome and I feel the same as you guys, but maybe the story will carry the game play. I think it would be kind of cool to have a casual gaming experience combined with very intense cut scenes to drive the plot after each level.

The thing that really holds my interest is that it's rated Mature and it can't be from the gameplay shown in those screen shots.