PS5 Event (re)Scheduled June 11th

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Finally, there might be something to show us.

Whoa... it’ll already be worth it if this is announced, or better yet shown.

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Gotta mark my calendar. Interesting they waited this long when MS gave us this some time ago:

Even so, I don't think we have price points yet.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
It'll be like 2 years until a must-play game even comes out on these things. The PS4 versions of next-gen games aren't going to be playing differently like you had at the start of this gen with last-gen versions being hamstrung because the PS3 has 256 MEGABYTES of RAM. That Xbox video didn't show anything but improvements to old games and a tech demo of something that didn't show any kind of gameplay that can't be done on current systems. The switching games is cool and all but it doesn't make the actual games PLAY any better, plus how often are you even switching games.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
The only thing that really interests me about the PS5 is the price point. Graphics are so insanely good these day I don't much care if they get any better.

Oh, and obviously I'm interested in the games they'll release as well. It's a little confusing that so many of their upcoming games are PS4 titles.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Things I would give a crap about, everything else is ancillary:
  • Actual games running on actual PS5 hardware (maybe also show some BC)
  • How much is it going to cost?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Not that I expected things to be delayed very long. But I find it funny that all these companies were willing to postpone while riots were happening, but the moment that shit slowed down.....BOOM time to rock.

In other news this is happening on my birthday so....I have hopes.

Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
The only thing that really interests me about the PS5 is the price point. Graphics are so insanely good these day I don't much care if they get any better.

Oh, and obviously I'm interested in the games they'll release as well. It's a little confusing that so many of their upcoming games are PS4 titles.
Maybe I'm just old and impatient. I aint got all dang minute!
Gen 9 is promising to all but do away with loading screens while actual loading times will be a small fraction of existing times. BUT!! I don't think you will see much enhanced performance unless you use the systems 1 TB SSD (or, for Xbox, the ability to add 1 TB SSD card for 2 TB total) which will fill up so fast it will make our heads spin. So, price will matter. I agree re: graphics. Where can they go from here? Course, Jeff Gerstmann said that around 2005 regarding Ninja Gaiden Black. So, we'll see.
soo,
Bump for new date.
Yup. Please because...
Things I would give a crap about, everything else is ancillary:
  • Actual games running on actual PS5 hardware (maybe also show some BC)
  • How much is it going to cost?