PSA: Last Chance to Get Fallout 4's Season Pass Before Price Hike

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
PSA: Last Chance to Get Fallout 4's Season Pass Before Price Hike

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1278/1278273.png
After this weekend, the cost of Fallout 4's season pass will go up $20.

Hey folks, got a quick PSA for all you Fallout fans: this weekend is your last chance to pick up Fallout 4's season pass can buy the pass for $29.99 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166441-Fallout-4-Season-Pass-Price-Increase-and-DLC-Details#&gid=gallery_5716&pid=1], which guarantees all future content that will be released for the game.

On March 1, that price will jump up an extra $20 to $49.99. The reasoning behind this jump is apparently, Bethesda's DLC plans are a lot more grandiose than originally projected, and the developer claims that it now has $60 worth of DLC [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166441-Fallout-4-Season-Pass-Price-Increase-and-DLC-Details#&gid=gallery_5716&pid=1] in development for the game.

We've only got details on the first three pieces so far: Automatron, arriving in March, introduces robot building and "a horde of evil robots" to the game. Robots will be built by combining collected parts, including limbs, weapons, and armor. Wasteland Workshop follows in April with new construction options for settlements, including traps to capture enemies for later use in gladiatorial combat.

Finally, May's Far Harbor will take players out of the Commonwealth and off the coast of Maine to look for a secret colony of synths. Boasting what Bethesda says is the largest landmass the company has yet created for an add-on, it will feature new settlements and creatures, along with faction quests in a story which puts a town in the middle of a conflict between the synths and the Children of Atom.

Source: Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/404090/]

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Question: I've had a PS4 for about 2 months now but don't pay for the PSN. Can I buy DLC and this season pass without having to pay for the online subscription?

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Josh123914 said:
Question: I've had a PS4 for about 2 months now but don't pay for the PSN. Can I buy DLC and this season pass without having to pay for the online subscription?
yes you just need a psn account and you can make it and buy it on your computer

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I have high hopes, but I don't really care about Wasteland Workshop.
Please don't have anyone mess with brain in Far Harbor. People have already messed with my brain in Point Lookout and Old World Blues.
Leave my brain alone!
Why do they bother with the option to spare the guy who messed with my brain? Tobar, Benny, and the Think Tank all get what's coming to them.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Season Passes can go die in a fire as well as every Publisher that uses them.

Edit: As well as anyone who actually BUYS the season passes, thus encouraging this shit.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Yeah...no. Waiting for the GOTY edition.

For one I already have an ENORMOUS backlog of stuff to watch/read/play.

For two this is a pretty obscene extension of the abuse that is the whole season pass thing, an awful practice in the first place.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
canadamus_prime said:
Season Passes can go die in a fire as well as every Publisher that uses them.

Edit: As well as anyone who actually BUYS the season passes, thus encouraging this shit.
normally i would agree but in this case i absolutely adore the base game and already know i will be purchasing all the dlc for it so its value for money for me

im looking forward to the robot expansion and extra construction options but yeah a fighting arena doesnt really fit how i normally build settlements.. hmm maybe a zoo?

the first story dlc looks interesting and big so thats good

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
Or I can just wait for a Steam sale like I did for the Skyrim DLC and get it for that same price or less without having to buy a season pass.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
TheSapphireKnight said:
Or I can just wait for a Steam sale like I did for the Skyrim DLC and get it for that same price or less without having to buy a season pass.
All while avoiding the lame DLC.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I do appreciate the warning on your end. But I don't like being strong-armed into buying something I'm still not sold on nor have barely any info on because it suddenly became more valuable.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I bought it the other day because my two other options were to either buy all the DLC as it came out or do what I did for New Vegas and wait three years for there to be a sale on the DLC on the XBL marketplace. Neither of those two options appealed to me I I figure I'm going ahead and saving myself some money now instead of later. I can at least take some pride in the fact that I waited to get in until I actually knew at least what some of the DLC was going to be before getting it as opposed to getting the season pass as soon as it was availible.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Why so serious? I this thread reeks of being a paid advertisement. This wouldn't be the first.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
008Zulu said:
TheSapphireKnight said:
All while avoiding the lame DLC.
the best part about the skyrim dlc is that the people who bought it vanilla still get charged more for the dlc on sale than just buying the legendary edition on sale

pretty much punishing the early adopters until the end of time

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Well, I just bought it, since I was going to get all the DLC anyway. $43 in Aussie currency. Doesn't seem like much of a deal, but it's better than being $US20 higher.
Why can't Steam fucking show us the prices in local amounts?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Meh, was going to wait for the steam sale to get the DLC anyway, DLC is not worth $30 let alone $50.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
The developer says they have $60 worth of DLC coming up? Fuck Off! How about actually showing everything so people can decide it's worth before throwing money into it.

Well, I guess Bethesda wants to be thrown on the shit heap with the rest of the scum. The big developers always seem to get worse and worse.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
OH CRAP thank you Steve! I totally forgot. Going to go buy now.

Oh boo hoo season pass such ripoff. It costs as much now as the first DLC will cost later.

You're still going to get the DLC pack 2-3 years down the line and think it's a great deal at 60% off on Steam sale! Wow, aren't we a savvy consumer. Meanwhile getting it now before March 1 is almost as good.

It's good if I know for a fact I'm going to end up getting every piece of DLC the game makes. It's a gamble sure, but there's a lot of potential savings in this case.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
I was thinking of possibly buying it before they announced the price hike, now they can go fuck right off.
You can't make your practices even worse when CD Projekt Red showed you up in EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of game design.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
So Fallout 4 will have X-Men DOFP style? Oh my stars and garters, color me blue with intrigue.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
No. No. No. Being told that if you don't gamble now, then you will pay at least twice the amount later on for waiting to see if it's worth it... so therefore you should totally put your money down on this something you have absolutely no idea on...reeks of a fool's game. I can be pretty foolish, however, i'd sooner spend my money on a heavy night out that may end in any manner of ways, at least then i would have an interesting story and a clue on how to prepare for the after effects.