PSA: Last Chance to Get Fallout 4's Season Pass Before Price Hike

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
Just an FYI: Green Man Gaming has a 20% off voucher code you can use to purchase the Season Pass from their site. I got mine for $24--uploaded the code to Steam and everything.

Anyone who wants all the DLC will buy a Season Pass so they don't miss any additonal content, or wait for a Game of the Year Edition. I'm one of those people who usually waits for a GOTYE so I am glad I was able to find the Season Pass even cheaper before the price hike.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Season Passes can go die in a fire as well as every Publisher that uses them.

Edit: As well as anyone who actually BUYS the season passes, thus encouraging this shit.
What if I like the product and want access to more later down the line? I like FO4 and with 122 hours played, I'm ready for more content. No complaints here.
I don't buy Season Passes for every game I get. Call of Duty comes to mind, I don't really need every weapon skin under the sun.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Zydrate said:
canadamus_prime said:

Edit: As well as anyone who actually BUYS the season passes, thus encouraging this shit.
What if I like the product and want access to more later down the line? I like FO4 and with 122 hours played, I'm ready for more content. No complaints here.
I don't buy Season Passes for every game I get. Call of Duty comes to mind, I don't really need every weapon skin under the sun.
It's the principle of the thing. Season Passes are a trend that needs to stop! However it's not going to stop unless people stop buying them. Besides what other product would you buy sight unseen? I can't think of one.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Well,

Unless Obsidian gets another shot at making a FO game Bethesda wont be getting a single dime from me.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
This is such a good marketing tactic that I wouldn't be surprised if it become common place in the future.

People will scramble to buy the season pass at what is now considered to be a bargain price even though it's essentially the cost of another game still. The decision to do this brings Fallout 4 to the top of people's list of buying games again if only for a short time. Brilliant.

Personally I'm just waiting for the inevitable game of the year edition that include everything for 20 dollars since I'm okay with waiting 2-3 years to play this game.

I fully expect the bump in sales from this to prompt other AAA to do the same thing in the future though. Even if this was genuinely a happy accident from the start it's sure to have made them a bundle from impulse buyers and people on the fence.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Zydrate said:
canadamus_prime said:

It's the principle of the thing. Season Passes are a trend that needs to stop! However it's not going to stop unless people stop buying them. Besides what other product would you buy sight unseen? I can't think of one.
I've only really been let down by one season pass so far, Shadow of Mordor. Great game, very very weak DLC. That wasn't Bethesda however.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
The problem I find with DLC is that it isn't even really worth the $10 a piece anyway.
I played the FO3 DLC about once each. Aside from the story elements, you basically rush through it and all you end up with is a bunch of over powered unique weapons and armor to take back into the real game you never really needed to feel over powered to begin with. I don't even think I played all of the New Vegas DLC and I doubt I'm missing much anyway. Yay for Game of the Year 'free dlc included' edition.
The same is with other games too. Unless it has some high quality interesting costumes you want specifically for roleplaying purposes or alters the existing perk and leveling system significantly to warrant the price, I just don't care for the content DLC offers.

Things I do like spending money on have been League of Legend skins. Those are nice.

CeeBod

Sep 4, 2012
Robot building and improved settlements are the core of 2 of the prospective DLC? Consider me massively underwhelmed - there isn't even a full set of modding tools available yet and the modders already have stuff like this that can be built in settlements:

Besides, a season pass for rumoured content from the company that brought us horse armour DLC? I'm gonna wait for the Game of the Year/legendary edition thanks!

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Disgusting. A rotten tactic to squeeze twice the mount of money for a game. I will not be buying season passes at any point. It is just milking customers. You cannot even see what you are paying for. More fool those who are pressured into buying, used car salesmen show more subtlety.

This "news story" smacks of paid advertising too.