PSA: Xenoblade Chronicles Is Now Available on European Wii U Virtual Console

OhNoYouDidnt

Oct 22, 2013
Since most games media only report on the American eShop, I thought I should let you guys know that Xenoblade Chronicles is now available on the Wii U in Europe, through the Virtual Console. It's ?20/£18 (Physical copies generally sell for ?100+ nowadays) and buying it in the first week nets you a 10% discount code for the eventual eShop release of Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I was always hoping that this would happen, as the Wii version of Donkey Kong Country Returns also made it to the Virtual Console despite it having a 3DS port, but I wasn't quite expecting it to happen so soon.

So, just so you guys know, now it's Shulk time on the GamePad!

Tilly

Mar 8, 2015
Didn't the Metroid Prime trilogy drop massively in price when it released on the eshop?
I'm a bit shocked the Xenoblade wii version maintained that price with the 3DS version being released.

OhNoYouDidnt

Oct 22, 2013
Tilly said:
Didn't the Metroid Prime trilogy drop massively in price when it released on the eshop?
I'm a bit shocked the Xenoblade wii version maintained that price with the 3DS version being released.
That's probably because the 3DS version is exclusive for the New 3DS. There are probably more people in the world who still have an original Wii to play Xenoblade on than there are people with a New 3DS.

As for Metroid... Yes, it did. Here's hoping the same happens to Xenoblade's physical Wii copies.

Tilly

Mar 8, 2015
OhNoYouDidnt said:
That's probably because the 3DS version is exclusive for the New 3DS. There are probably more people in the world who still have an original Wii to play Xenoblade on than there are people with a New 3DS.

As for Metroid... Yes, it did. Here's hoping the same happens to Xenoblade's physical Wii copies.
Right, well I'm not clear exactly how the value is ultimately determined with something that's essentially digital. All I'm saying is that if it's based on how easy it is to play something, you'd expect the 3DS release to affect the price of the Wii version a little.
Quite a few people bought the 3DS version for that reason, because the Wii version was too expensive. That affects the demand.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Ooh, this is very interesting for me (haven't played it, but it always looked right down my alley). If I didn't have far too many games on the go at the moment already, I'd probably grab it.

Still looking forward to the sequel even more.

Tilly

Mar 8, 2015
Silvanus said:
Ooh, this is very interesting for me (haven't played it, but it always looked right down my alley). If I didn't have far too many games on the go at the moment already, I'd probably grab it.

Still looking forward to the sequel even more.
If this is your type of game, you should play it straight away. I'd probably put in the top 3 JRPGs of all time. Cos I'm cool like that and I have a list.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
This NEEDED to happen. The game was released to North America in 2012 and about a year later you needed to sell a kidney to get it. The game is amazing, so it's a damn shame. Perhaps my favourite Wii game, and it's strange because I went in with very little hype and just wanted to support it as a consumer action. Lovely how that turned out. 80 hours well spent.

Now time to bug my friends to play/finish it. They have no excuse now!

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Tilly said:
If this is your type of game, you should play it straight away. I'd probably put in the top 3 JRPGs of all time. Cos I'm cool like that and I have a list.
Strong words! I've heard only good things. Think I'll probably play it once I've finished with Ni No Kuni, which is absorbing my time like a time-sponge at the moment.

Tilly

Mar 8, 2015
Silvanus said:
Strong words! I've heard only good things. Think I'll probably play it once I've finished with Ni No Kuni, which is absorbing my time like a time-sponge at the moment.
It's significantly better than Ni No Kuni :)