PSN Might Return to Japan Before May is Over

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
PSN Might Return to Japan Before May is Over

In spite of the hurdles it's facing, Sony still wants to get the PSN online before the month ends.

Even though there are only a few days left in May, Sony is apparently still planning to re-launch the PlayStation Network in Japan this month. According to Andriasang, Japanese publication Mainichi Digital is reporting that Sony believes this is still possible.

It's no secret that Sony's been struggling to get the service back up and running in its home country, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110292-Credit-Card-Companies-Delay-Japans-PSN-Return>thanks to concerns from both credit card companies and the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry. However, Sony officials have reportedly told Mainichi Digital, "We have not given up on a May restart."

At the moment, details about this are fairly hard to come by. However, if Sony is this optimistic about booting the PSN back up, maybe it's not too implausible to expect the service to come online before Tuesday.

Source: AndriaSang via <a href=http://www.gamepolitics.com/2011/05/26/japanese-psn-reboot-may-still-planned-says-sony>GamePolitics

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
Yeah the Japanese government wanted a lot more details on the attack and what changes Sony had made to upgrade their security before they would allow psn to be put back up so Japan hasn't gotten it back yet, I wish they'd give us some word on when the store would be back up.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
All the luck to them. Soon as that happens, they can focus on the store again. Not to rush them and all, but there are still groups suffering.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
BehattedWanderer said:
All the luck to them. Soon as that happens, they can focus on the store again. Not to rush them and all, but there are still groups suffering.
You didn't really mean to use the word "suffering," did you? I can understand "inconvenienced," but "suffering" conjures up images of fly-swarmed Ethiopian children slowing dying from malnutrition while Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" plays in the background.

SemiHumanTarget

Apr 4, 2011
This is just the Japanese way of doing things. No way, no how will PSN be back up before June. It's just an optimistic talking point that the execs are probably told to say. Just like how TEPCO was optimistic week after week after week that they'd get those reactors under control in a matter of days.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
I just want to know when the store will be back so I can get my free games (yeah, I'm heartless like that).

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
They must be pissed.
But I have a confession. I still haven?t even downloaded the update to get back on. I haven?t really been playing anything online lately. And Gamefly is sending me LA Noir now so it?ll probably be another week or two before I jump back on.
Unless my ps3 starts making Jet engine sounds in which case I?m sending the disc right back.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
JDKJ said:
BehattedWanderer said:
You didn't really mean to use the word "suffering," did you? I can understand "inconvenienced," but "suffering" conjures up images of fly-swarmed Ethiopian children slowing dying from malnutrition while Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" plays in the background.
No, Suffering. I'm not talking about the pitied, impatient players, I'm talking about those developers and companies that have seen no increase in their revenue for the past month, which will make a few groups quite lean, if not troubled. The longer the PSN is offline, the longer those dev groups will be without revenue, barring some subsidy somewhere, which by the sounds of it, is either a small or nonexistent amount. There are several groups already in hot water, and without the services to help them, they could conceivably fail. Yes, this may be a small collection of people, maybe a few thousand all told, but it is still relevant.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
BehattedWanderer said:
JDKJ said:
BehattedWanderer said:
No, Suffering. I'm not talking about the pitied, impatient players, I'm talking about those developers and companies that have seen no increase in their revenue for the past month, which will make a few groups quite lean, if not troubled. The longer the PSN is offline, the longer those dev groups will be without revenue, barring some subsidy somewhere, which by the sounds of it, is either a small or nonexistent amount. There are several groups already in hot water, and without the services to help them, they could conceivably fail. Yes, this may be a small collection of people, maybe a few thousand all told, but it is still relevant.
Fair enough. I can understand those groups "suffering." It's the whiny-ass kids to whom I'm not particularly sympathetic.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
JDKJ said:
BehattedWanderer said:
JDKJ said:
BehattedWanderer said:
Fair enough. I can understand those groups "suffering." It's the whiny-ass kids to whom I'm not particularly sympathetic.
Agreed. Someone demanding it back just because they can't play CoD or Killzone while they worked out the kinks and bugs and tried to see if their customers were up shit creek was not suffering (though it was a sufferance to hear and deal with). Those actually affected by the downtime, and the possible identity theft victims, those will be the ones who have suffered as a result.