PSP

holtron

Jul 4, 2011
So I remember (back in the day) when the PsP came out. Being someone who liked what Sony was doing at the time, I thought it was pretty awesome, but never actually owned them. So now I'm looking at the newer ones (Psp Go I believe) and wondered if anyone actually owns them or plays any games on it? And if so, is it worth taking buying?

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I haven't tried a PSP GO but my friends who have say that it isn't worth it and that it's better to just get a PSP-3000. At least that was when it came out and was terribly overpriced(which it may still be).

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
I wouldn't bother with a PSP Go. It limits the games you can buy since it doesn't allow UMDs(Some games are UMD only).

As for whether it's worth buying. It depends on how many psp games interest you, and whether you'd like to play ps1 games on the go.

BlackHazard

Nov 6, 2008
If ur gonna get one don't get the GO because most of it's best games are in UMD.
Here's a list of the best games I played in it.

Crisis Core
Metal Gear Portable Ops and Peace Walker
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
God of War Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta
Final Fantasy 1 and 2
Persona 3 Portable
Prince of Persia
Assasins Creed
PSN Classics Library
Ace Combat
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
holtron said:
So I remember (back in the day) when the PsP came out. Being someone who liked what Sony was doing at the time, I thought it was pretty awesome, but never actually owned them. So now I'm looking at the newer ones (Psp Go I believe) and wondered if anyone actually owns them or plays any games on it? And if so, is it worth taking buying?
I love my PSP. Persona 3 Portable and Jeanne d'Arc are two awesome games. ^^

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Princess Rose said:
holtron said:
Add Persona 2:Innocent Sin to that. The PSP is worth it for the Persona games alone.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Add Persona 2:Innocent Sin to that. The PSP is worth it for the Persona games alone.
**blinks**

I FORGOT Persona 2 was out! **hugs and runs off to Amazon**

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Princess Rose said:
holtron said:
Man and I thought I was the only one who knew about Jeanne d'Arc

I love that game and I think Im halfway done.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
Marik2 said:
I beat it a while back.

I tried to make it through the second Arena (the one after you beat the game). I got to the last guy. He killed everyone but Jeanne off. I fought a retreating battle with him, chipping him down. I got him down to his last little bit of health. One more hit, and I would take him out.

Unfortunately, I was also out of moves. I had one left before the battle was over. I only needed to hit him once.

He blocked every attack.

Bastard.

I died, all progress (and all level-ups in the arena) lost. Six hours of gameplay. That bastard.

Ahem.

ANYWAY.. ^^;; yes, love that game. So much, in fact, that my next writing project is partly inspired by it.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
If you like RPG's get one, it's got a ton of them. I bought one last year, I have Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy Tactics, Yggdra Union, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (This is the only one I've beat and I love it). Don't get a Go though, if you're going to go digital only, you might as well wait for the Vita.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Princess Rose said:
Marik2 said:
I beat it a while back.

I tried to make it through the second Arena (the one after you beat the game). I got to the last guy. He killed everyone but Jeanne off. I fought a retreating battle with him, chipping him down. I got him down to his last little bit of health. One more hit, and I would take him out.

Unfortunately, I was also out of moves. I had one left before the battle was over. I only needed to hit him once.

He blocked every attack.

Bastard.

I died, all progress (and all level-ups in the arena) lost. Six hours of gameplay. That bastard.

Ahem.

ANYWAY.. ^^;; yes, love that game. So much, in fact, that my next writing project is partly inspired by it.
Ah man the arena is tough....

I can only get to like 4 stages of it?

Also do all the armlet users eventually get all their specific amulets?

Sorry if I forgot the terms used since I stopped playing it months ago cuz I didnt like that friend of Jeanne who takes over for her

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
Get a PSP Slim(2000 Model) then Flash it with Custom Firmware. That way you can play UMDs from other regions as well as play any old PS1 era games you might have laying around.

Princess Rose

Jul 10, 2011
Marik2 said:

Sorry if I forgot the terms used since I stopped playing it months ago cuz I didnt like that friend of Jeanne who takes over for her
I can't remember what the first Arena has, but the second one has 20 stages. Yeah.

I believe you get some extra armlets doing side-quests. Some of them after the game is over.

You didn't like Leanne? I thought she was a great (if flawed character). Also, you should know...

Jeanne comes back after a few more plot stages - with a better Armlet than the one she lost.

Just, you know, FYI. ^^

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Princess Rose said:
Marik2 said:

I can't remember what the first Arena has, but the second one has 20 stages. Yeah.

I believe you get some extra armlets doing side-quests. Some of them after the game is over.

You didn't like Leanne? I thought she was a great (if flawed character). Also, you should know...

Jeanne comes back after a few more plot stages - with a better Armlet than the one she lost.

Just, you know, FYI. ^^
Ah so I only have the first arena.

And yeah I didnt like Leanne for some reason....I dont know I found her annoying

Yup Im not at that part you speak off. I was at the part where Leanne and the gang stormed that neutral city when they were told they shouldnt have gone there for political reasons and or cuz they were looking for a peace treaty with England.

I dont know I think she got cocky with the armlet and or let her feelings get the best of her, which is why I just stopped in that level and got frustrated. I was all WTF R U DOING U DUMBASS!!!? THESE FRENCH SOLDIERS JUST DIED CUZ U WERE BEING STUPID UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!

Look I barely remember the events so my data is going to be off...