Psychic: Apollo 16 Astronauts Found Alien Life on the Moon

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
undeadsuitor said:
Gilhelmi said:
I do not like people insulting others for their beliefs. I may not agree or believe what they do, but that does not give any-of-you the right to openly mock their beliefs. Just like if I started to mock Atheist for their beliefs (or lack-of) would be wrong. EVERYONE here would call me on it. I do not like hypocrites and I do not like mockers. I have no respect for them.
Since when was being psychic a religion?
I don't think Scotty did say it was a religion. But I would say that beliefs are just as important, if not more, because they are far more personal to an individual than religion is. And to be fair, I actually agree with him. I don't think that there's anything wrong with disagreeing with what these psychics believe, but I still think that it can't hurt to be respectful, something that the post below illustrates the perfect opposite of.

Caverat said:
You'd have to be bat-shit insane, taking the piss, or a complete fucking moron( and I mean a legally retarded chimpanzee level) to believe that guy's claims. I'm amazed it even made news, the ramblings of touched individuals from other places doesn't seem to be.

Caverat

Jun 11, 2010
Farther than stars said:
undeadsuitor said:
Gilhelmi said:
I do not like people insulting others for their beliefs. I may not agree or believe what they do, but that does not give any-of-you the right to openly mock their beliefs. Just like if I started to mock Atheist for their beliefs (or lack-of) would be wrong. EVERYONE here would call me on it. I do not like hypocrites and I do not like mockers. I have no respect for them.
Since when was being psychic a religion?
I don't think Scotty did say it was a religion. But I would say that beliefs are just as important, if not more, because they are far more personal to an individual than religion is. And to be fair, I actually agree with him. I don't think that there's anything wrong with disagreeing with what these psychics believe, but I still think that it can't hurt to be respectful, something that the post below illustrates the perfect opposite of.

Caverat said:
You'd have to be bat-shit insane, taking the piss, or a complete fucking moron( and I mean a legally retarded chimpanzee level) to believe that guy's claims. I'm amazed it even made news, the ramblings of touched individuals from other places doesn't seem to be.
Eh, yeah. I wasn't respectful of their beliefs. Beliefs are opinions, and the idea that all should be equally respected is naive, and is a great way to make yourself look/feel friendlier. Good job. You're probably a really nice guy/gal.

Some guys think it is alright to roofie women to get laid, because they never said 'no'. Believing in something doesn't mean others have to wear kid gloves in criticizing you for having them. There are such things as stupid beliefs, like the idea that it will ever be okay to go skydiving without a parachute because god loves you.

Yes, you can get on the whole 'But whose beliefs are stupid? Who decides which are stupid?'. I understand that sentiment, and in the idea of fairness, we should be respectful of everything that gets labeled as a belief. I disagree though, if everything is sacred/special, it is just a nicer way of saying nothing is.

Also: Respect my belief that it is okay for me to disrespect others, and their beliefs. All beliefs are equal right?

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
-|- said:
Patent alien technology? There's a tiny flaw in this plan - won't the aliens already hold alien patents that supersede our mere earthly ones and those aliens might not be happy about earth pirates stealing their technology without paying for it.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to be on the end of some alien SOPA action, they'll censor the entire Earth! Damn foreigners stealing alien inventions.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Gilhelmi said:
Yeah, this line of reasoning goes to a bad place. You know the whole people who believed jews should be exterminated... I think we were probably right to nip that in the bud.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
cookyy2k said:
Gilhelmi said:
Yeah, this line of reasoning goes to a bad place. You know the whole people who believed jews should be exterminated... I think we were probably right to nip that in the bud.
Incidentally, I wouldn't call a genocide of 7 million "nipping something in the bud". But discussions of style aside, I think there's a pretty big massive border with stop signs and gun turrets between "faith in psychics" and "the belief that all Jewish people should die".
Also, there's a degree of consequence involved. After all, we can only chastise actions and not beliefs. Because if we could, we'd be giving up the freedom of expression which is so valuable to us.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Farther than stars said:
cookyy2k said:
Gilhelmi said:
Incidentally, I wouldn't call a genocide of 7 million "nipping something in the bud". But discussions of style aside, I think there's a pretty big massive border with stop signs and gun turrets between "faith in psychics" and "the belief that all Jewish people should die".
Also, there's a degree of consequence involved. After all, we can only chastise actions and not beliefs. Because if we could, we'd be giving up the freedom of expression which is so valuable to us.
Well at least you have to respect my belief that religious belief/belief in psychics or any "invisible friend" is either indoctrination as a kid or a mental disorder.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Usually the proper funding for people that see things that aren't there, is 5-10 years in a nut house.

MightyLB

Nov 18, 2009
Personally, I'm more interested in the way these people's brains work to suggest complicated imagery or objects from pictures of rocks. Any person I've meet when asked to look describe what some natural phenomenon "looks like" would give something like, "That cloud looks like a bunny", but no more detailed description. How different are these people's brains that this kind of thing happens? Forget about outer space, I'd like to know what this can tell us about the neural mechanisms of human perception.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
gmaverick019 said:
derp, they probably saw rita repulsa's capsule on the moon, along with her destroyed palace.

/pure logic

Seriously...seeing that pic made me laugh way harder than it should have. :p

As for the topic at hand....isn't there a horror movie coming out about this? "There's a reason we haven't gone back to the moon...." featuring spider-alien things or something that the last mission to the moon found? Supposed to be like a Blair Witch in space or something?

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
I'm also a psychic remote viewer, and I've never seen anything like he's describing in all my remote viewing sessions of the Moon.

Ergo, he must be lying. Because, like, I've just proved him wrong.

Sep 14, 2009
RJ 17 said:
gmaverick019 said:
derp, they probably saw rita repulsa's capsule on the moon, along with her destroyed palace.

/pure logic

Seriously...seeing that pic made me laugh way harder than it should have. :p

As for the topic at hand....isn't there a horror movie coming out about this? "There's a reason we haven't gone back to the moon...." featuring spider-alien things or something that the last mission to the moon found? Supposed to be like a Blair Witch in space or something?
haha glad someone else enjoyed it as much as i did. honestly when i was reading the article that EXACT part of the intro came to my mind so i had to find the pic for it:p

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
cookyy2k said:
Gilhelmi said:
So NOT liking people who try to kill my friends for their beliefs is bad?[confused]

I think saying if I DO NOT LIKE MOCKERS, I down right HATE Murders. I do not use the word 'hate' lightly, for me to 'hate' anything short of open genocide or an unjust war, or random murder, is a sin. It is a sin for me to say "I hate mockers" because I am not allowed to 'hate' anything without a very good reason. I HATE PEOPLE WHO TRY TO KILL PEOPLE IN MY RELIGION OR ANY RELIGION BECAUSE OF THEIR BELIEFS.

I am still confused by your statement. I do not like mockers, I do not like people who mock ANY religion. I hate, people who try to kill others because of their religion.

I do not understand your sentence. Was I not clear when I said,
Just like if I started to mock Atheist for their beliefs (or lack-of) would be wrong. EVERYONE here would call me on it. I do not like hypocrites and I do not like mockers. I have no respect for them.
Was I clear now? Do I need to post a video explaining all of this? I hope not.