Public Tickets for E3 Have Sold Out

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Public Tickets for E3 Have Sold Out

If you were hoping to pick up a public ticket for E3, your time has run out.

The Entertainment Software Association announced back in February [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169497-E3-Opens-its-Doors-to-the-General-Public] that it would be offering 15,000 tickets to E3 for sale to the public. Today, the ESA says that all of those tickets have been sold.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/E3/status/864134654777077761]

Those tickets were sold for $250 each, with a limited number offered at an early bird rate of $150. Ticket holders will have access to the show floor, panel discussions, and an all-new event, the E3 Coliseum.

E3 kicks off in Los Angeles on June 13, and winds up on June 15. We'll have coverage here at The Escapist of all the goings-on at the show.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Fools. Should've spent that money on a music festival weekend and got absolutely shitfaced with plenty of dignity left to spare.

Feb 7, 2016
I feel like the spectacle of actually sitting in one of those seats during presentations would wear thin pretty quickly. It's the same experience, except less comfortable because you have to wear real pants and everyone smells terrible.

I don't know if I could take it on the floor at one of these places either. I've been to anime conventions, comic and game conventions, and they already have a lot of people. But I've never seen them quite as bad as E3 footage looks, a bunch of sweaty dudes with crap strapped to them and unrelatable game journalists.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Wait, a highly publicized show sold outrageously priced tickets to the open public and didn't sell out in a minute? They lasted 2 months? Shenanigans!

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
So, E3. That's a press event. Meaning the ESA just sold people tickets to stand around in a convention centre while exciting stuff happens in some other room. And people wonder why I'm cynical.