Publisher?s Club

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
Publisher?s Club

Membership, as they say, has its privileges.

Read Full Article

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
If you have any specific questions regarding our rollout of the new Publisher's Club service, please ask them here. Any comments or complaints will be accepted, but please be careful in what you say. If you have any suggestions as to what could be added or what's not interesting (especially what could be added in order to entice you to join), please post it here!

Please note that no one is losing anything due to the Publisher's Club subscription service, but those that are classy enough to sign up will gain a more enjoyable experience at The Escapist!

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/registration/subscribe

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Fantastic incentives for anybody who wants to support the Escapist.

Thanks for all the quality entertainment and thought-provoking articles you deliver!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Looking very cool. Always nice to see you guys going forward and pushing things further!

looking forward to seeing the changes implemented

QUESTION : Is it open to people from EU?

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
From Jaredin's question, Australia as well?

To be honest, I can't say I'm too overly happy, seeing as I'm more of a LRR forum member than an Escapist one.. And they released high quality videos each and every week for free.. Now that's being torn away to benefit The Escapist instead of the ones who already had it looking awesome?

Weird.. But I'm certainly sure that the hardcore LRR fanbase will be raging. A lot.

Plus, not to sound harsh or anything, but I could hardly call people like Yahtzee or Marion "game journalists/reviewers". To review a game, you play it properly and give an unbiased opinion/viewpoint.. Not just drop it because you're "rather bored". It's your job. Do it properly or let someone else who actually will.

Ahem..

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Jaredin said:
QUESTION : Is it open to people from EU?
Hileict said:
From Jaredin's question, Australia as well?
Anywhere Amazon will take payments from. They like money, so I think they'll take them from nearly anywhere.

Eudaemonian

Executor
Jan 22, 2008
I'm on board with this. I like supporting websites that I frequent and if they're going to give me something in return, it's just as well.

Also, anything to get rid of those really creepy looking pasta advertisements. The wriggling is very unnerving.

Apr 28, 2008
Hm... can we unsubscribe whenever we want to, or is it a "Once you sign in, your in for life" type deal. You know, kind of like a cult or something...

Just wondering, since I would love to support you guys, but am just not to crazy about yearly subscriptions...

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Irridium said:
Hm... can we unsubscribe whenever we want to.
Whenever you want, including immediately. The benefits run through the last second no matter what.

zamble

We are GOLDEN!
Sep 28, 2009
I think I'll be in, just for supporing the escapist ( I don't get much excitment from HD videos, and beeing from Brazil I'm not eligible for most contests, so...). But I don't know for how long - also, 10 seems a fairly good contribution IMHO - so I need to ask: what if I want to cancel my subscription in the second year?

Edit: well, answered while I was typing. Awesome!
Edit #2: Not as awesome as that GOLDEN "e" badge! Now how's that for bragging, huh?

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Deffinatly something to think about. I certainly spend the majority of my time on the internet on here so perhaps I will jump on that 10 dollar deal.

Apr 28, 2008
Virgil said:
Irridium said:
Hm... can we unsubscribe whenever we want to.
Whenever you want, including immediately. The benefits run through the last second no matter what.
Sweetness. Tomorrow I shall go to Walgreens, get a pre-paid credic card, and give you guys money!

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Quick question: will it be auto-renewal, or is it manual?

And will you get a message if your subscription is about to expire?

As a general rule, I think closing your site off wholesale to free members (see: Financial Times) will be a deterrent to a lot of people. That said, I think a "premium member" scheme will be more effective on a site like this, as long as you don't slap the free users with the Wet Fish of Promotion too often.

Memo to self: is this site worth £13-ish (or in this case, £6.50-ish) per year?

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
You're all going like; "imma subscribe! imma support this sh*t!". Well. I have subscribed b*tches w00t! What do I win?

Ravek

Aug 6, 2009
Hileict said:
Plus, not to sound harsh or anything, but I could hardly call people like Yahtzee or Marion "game journalists/reviewers". To review a game, you play it properly and give an unbiased opinion/viewpoint..
There is no such thing as an objective opinion. Reviews will always reflect the biases of their authors.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
I have a question, do you only get to choose your title once or are you able to change it?

Antinash

Sep 13, 2008
Might I ask is the 50 percent discount starting from today? Need to know how much money to put on my pre pay card so I can subscribe to this shizz as soon as possible.