Punishments that DO NOT fit the crime

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
what do you do to get out of them?
you steal something minor, a couple of pens-even just for a day or 2. you get reported/suspended/letters home etc. etc
you swear/have a go at someone coz you get really fired up at them. lectured/counsilling, etc etc.
little rabbles break out, so and so chucks a stick at X, X chucks bigger stick back. Y hits X but makes sure total minimal damage is inflicted. you get charged with assault and suspended.

Ive seen that last one happen, a mate of mine did the laziest kick-with his ankle, and hit someone, causing extremely minor soft tissue damage and bruising which dissipated or gave minimal pain after a day and got suspended with the 'we're considering to press charges for assault' which i thought was so ******* extreme. its teen life, it happens, all damage dissappeared after a day/less.

I loathe punishments and these situations and well my mates parents kinda exploded too, at him, which means i cant hang with him.
you agree with me? was the assault charge too much for what happened with Tim? and post your own situations or friends of yours.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Everybody likes to be on the side of "tough love" and say "throw the book at them" whenever violence or crime occurs. That is, until they or someone they know suddenly become the perpetrators. Then the tune changes and it's all about "extremely minor soft tissue damage"...

Robert632

May 11, 2009
technically, if you throw a paper ball at someone, it's assualt with a weapon. at least here in canada,i think.

O.T:The 16 year old rapist who got off his first rape, and then got 3 years on his second.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Who cares? It was still usage of violence, it doesn't matter how soft the kick was. I say he can get charged with assault for that.

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
So it's ok if I soft tissue damage some guy that cut me off on the 401? Actually, that'd be nice. I'd love to be able to give people minor bruises for stuff. "Ma'am, it says 'Ten items or less'" Slap!

Seriously though, I live in Canada, the land of not punishing people for anything. People need to start behaving themselves, and punishments are the only thing that work.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
robert632 said:
technically, if you throw a paper ball at someone, it's assualt with a weapon. at least here in canada,i think.

O.The 16 year old rapist who got off his first rape, and then got 3 years on his second.
Where is corporal punishment when you need it.

Sep 13, 2009
The point of the punishment is to make you FEAR the crime, so it must be hard.

Something tells me you didn't tell the whole story about that mate of yours, or at least you didn't give the background of the situation. How the hell do you know about the damage he did to that "someone"? Your mate was just, like that, kicking air in public place?

robert632 said:
O.The 16 year old rapist who got off his first rape, and then got 3 years on his second.
In my oppinion, they should've given him 3 years after the first one, and should have cut his balls off after the second one. Actually these crimes are quite On Topic, because the eventual punishments DID NOT fit the crime.

nekolux

Apr 7, 2008
Any crime that ends up with the person getting the death sentence. Sentencing someone to death is not justice. It's revenge

Strid

Oct 24, 2009
I remember reading a random facts book I had once, it stated that in some place in some period of time, if a book was considered blasphemous it would be punished with lashes...that punishment is definitely unfitting.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
I think the punishments for anything I've ever done are excessive. But the punishments for things I don't do are not nearly harsh enough.

Skiftnycklar

Oct 11, 2009
The penalty for attempted suicide is death somewhere, or so I heard. I don't see how that solves anyone's problems except for, you know, whoever attempted to commit suicide.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I once got suspended for saying "Hell". It was only for a day but that is still way too steep. I have also been assaulted with a deadly weapon and that person just got sent to a facility for depression.

Abedeus said:
robert632 said:

Where is corporal punishment when you need it.
Texas, of course.