Puppet Dinosaurs Seem Real Enough to Eat Children

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
Man, that's so freaking cool. I love the kids reactions. They actually started to shy away like the "dinosaur" would bite them, lol! So cute. :)

starhaven

Jan 24, 2010
didnt see the legs for awhile it was hard to see them for most of it but dam it looked sweet

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
That... was... AWESOME!!!
Really, if I were a kid and I didn't see the legs, I would've started crying... I did at an animatronic exposition at the local zoo... This is WAY better than the shitty CGI used today.

Apr 17, 2009
Je Suis Ubermonkey said:
Can I just say, those aren't velociraptors.
Look more like juvenile Allosaurs to me.
Anyway, nice. I want one.
Not to be pedantic, but Allosaurs have the distinctive crest-ridge over their eyes. They looked like Tarbosaurs to me :p

Also: WANT!

Igen

Apr 28, 2009
Kids are more afraid of it head, wont notice the legs, easily gives into near belief for them.
BEST PUPPETS EVER!!!!!
if you made them slightly larger im sure you could make some legs that would support the puppeteer.
Example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx6ej0Vh7HE&playnext_from=TL&videos=Cf_YyqLL5Iw

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
Stubee said:
Je Suis Ubermonkey said:
Can I just say, those aren't velociraptors.
Look more like juvenile Allosaurs to me.
Anyway, nice. I want one.
Off topic but my girlfriend refuses to believe that velociraptors are a lot smaller than depicted in the jurassic park films, no matter how many sources i show her!
Would she accept that the ones in the films are Utahraptors? I think they were discovered around the time the film was released and they fit the general description in terms of height and length. If she won't then, well... Good luck, mate.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
Thats great, it would be cooler if they made more effort to hide the legs like if they were in costume instead of wearing jeans, Seemed really real though.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Sir Kemper said:
Why aren't we using stuff like this for movies? Instead of obviously shitty CGI?
Probably because with CGI you don't have puppeteers' legs sticking out of the bottom of the costume. =P

Either way, this is pretty damn cool. I just hope those things go commercial, because that suit would be absolute gold for pranks. =3

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
V8 Ninja said:
Sir Kemper said:
Why aren't we using stuff like this for movies? Instead of obviously shitty CGI?
Probably because with CGI you don't have puppeteers' legs sticking out of the bottom of the costume. =P

Either way, this is pretty damn cool. I just hope those things go commercial, because that suit would be absolute gold for pranks. =3
Ever heard of green screen/editing?

Sprogus

The Lord of Dreams
Jan 8, 2009
I remember seeing these guys when they did the walking with dinosaurs live tour in Australia a couple of years ago. That was an awesome day!

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Sir Kemper said:
V8 Ninja said:
Sir Kemper said:
Ever heard of green screen/editing?
Have you ever heard of sarcasm?

"Oh snap! No he didn't!"

"Yes he did!"

(P.S. I'm just messing with you for the LOLs. You are welcome to abandon ship anytime.)

FlayD

Dec 11, 2009
I saw one of these the last time I went past the Sydney Aquarium/Wildlife Park, so yep, that's confirmed. They're just as awesome in real life as on video. :)

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
FlayD said:
I saw one of these the last time I went past the Sydney Aquarium/Wildlife Park, so yep, that's confirmed. They're just as awesome in real life as on video. :)
I clearly need to move down to Australia. I loved Sydney when I spent a summer on the continent.

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
(Droool)

DAMN IT ALL.

If managed to scare someone with one of those things, my life would be complete.

FlayD

Dec 11, 2009
vansau said:
FlayD said:
I clearly need to move down to Australia. I loved Sydney when I spent a summer on the continent.
Sydney is the best place, though I might be a LITTLE biased. :p

On a similar note, we also had a tiger transformer puppet (that is, a giant tiger made out of car parts) in the Chinese New Year parade.