Put the Nazis Under Your Wheels in Ironkraft

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Put the Nazis Under Your Wheels in Ironkraft

Third Reich, meet third gear.

Inovker Studios has put their first game, Ironkraft: Road to Hell, up for voting on Steam Greenlight. Set in an alternate timeline where Germany proved victorious in World War II after reverse-engineering a crashed extraterrestrial craft, the game is a 2.5D, vehicle-based shooter with acrobatic driving play.

Players will assume the role of Chris R. Petrol, a mercenary smuggler (or "Roadtrader") who drives through an enemy-occupied wasteland, delivering supplies to isolated refugee settlements. Based on the trailer Ironkraft will have an emphasis on vehicle customization and, one hopes, driving over Nazis.

There's a lot of silliness going on here, an element of camp that runs throughout. From the over-the-top theme music (which I can't get out of my head now) to the chaotic, physics based destruction and weapons like the "Kitty Cannon" and "Saurkraut Sprayer", it's a game that doesn't appear to take itself particularly seriously.

[gallery=4468]

While this is Invoker Studios' first game, they are not strangers to game development. The studio has been providing outsourced art design to game developers for fifteen years, and has contributed to products including Ryse and The Witcher 2. Development on Ironkraft began in August of 2014, and is currently in a pre-alpha state.

What they've shown seems like a marriage of Trials-style acrobatic racing combined with the goofy charm (and rampant destruction) of the oft-overlooked gem Shoot Many Robots. If it's something you think you'd like to see on your PC, you can vote it up on Steam Greenlight [http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=490456059] now.

Source: Steam [http://ironkraftgame.com/]

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Is there a reason this particular game is getting the spotlight over others? It doesn't seem to have been made by anybody of particular note or bring anything particularly new to the table, so why is it getting the focus?

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I don't buy too many indie games, but this is one I'll definitely keep my eye on. If they can replicate the silly, campy, over-the-top atmosphere of the trailer (including music) in-game, this should be a right larf.

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Chairman Miaow said:
Is there a reason this particular game is getting the spotlight over others? It doesn't seem to have been made by anybody of particular note or bring anything particularly new to the table, so why is it getting the focus?
It got my attention and looked interesting to me, so I wrote about it. Nothing more to it than that.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Conrad Zimmerman said:
Chairman Miaow said:
It got my attention and looked interesting to me, so I wrote about it. Nothing more to it than that.
Was by no means suggesting that it was anything nefarious, was just genuinely curious as to what the inner workings were. I have no idea how these things work.