Q Anon Dad Believes Own Son is a crisis actor

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
Don't pretend there aren't sexual predators in government, or literally anywhere for that matter. Just because crazy people think there's a satanic pedophile ring in the federal government, that doesn't mean you should go the opposite way and ignore the multitudinous sex crimes committed by elected officials.
Nobody is claiming that child abuse, even organized child abuse doesn't exist and needs to be opposed. You just gotta be either blind or playing blind if you think it's what QAnon is about. Much like the Proud Boys or other groups of that sort they're nothing more than muscle for the Republican Party, they're idolizing Trump, for fucks sake. Excuse the polemics, but the chances that Trump has never raped a child are extremely fucking low. They're not a popular uprising, they aren't fighting the system, they're the unofficial reserve army of the political right. And not the fringe right, either. The people behind them are Republican party aparatchiks, Tech CEOs and investment bankers. They're not fighting ancient, sinister institutions, they help maintaining them. They are ready to die and kill for them.

Regarding the spear gun thing, that seems like more of a case of mental illness than belief in conspiracies.

Maybe if the headline read: "Father with schizophrenia kills his kids...", people would donate money to scientists.
People are always quick to deflect to mental illness when it comes to politically motivated violence. Was he mentally ill? Quite possibly. Is there any guarantee that that mental illness would have expressed itself violently if he hadn't been recruited into a group all too willing to feed into his delusions, use his vulnerable psyche and his inability to tell truth from fantasy to turn him into a sleeper agent for their cause? No way to say for sure.

These groups prey on the stupid, the gullible, the mentally vulnerable and the paranoid. They don't allign themselves with QAnon or Islamists, or other cults and cult like structures by coincidence, these organizations knowingly appeal to people like that. You don't need to be smart or even sane to make for good cannon fodder. Matter of fact, it helps if you aren't. There is no way to argue the innocence of the people actually indoctrinating them with these ideas. That's why I don't really agree with the current application of freedom of speech in many parts of the western world. We value the right to lie higher than the right to know the truth.

Last edited:

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
.... why?
Because it's an easy thing to do to donate to groups that research schizophrenia, and such a tragic story, if framed in this way, would surely tug at people's heart-strings and motivate them to action.

Some articles might even include links to charities that the bereaved recommends.

People are always quick to deflect to mental illness when it comes to politically motivated violence. Was he mentally ill? Quite possibly. Is there any guarantee that that mental illness would have expressed itself violently if he hadn't been recruited into a group all too willing to feed into his delusions, use his vulnerable psyche and his inability to tell truth from fantasy to turn him into a sleeper agent for their cause? No way to say for sure.

These groups prey on the stupid, the gullible, the mentally vulnerable and the paranoid. They don't allign themselves with QAnon or Islamists, or other cults and cult like structures by coincidence, these organizations knowingly appeal to people like that. You don't need to be smart or even sane to make for good cannon fodder. Matter of fact, it helps if you aren't. There is no way to argue the innocence of the people actually indoctrinating them with these ideas. That's why I don't really agree with the current application of freedom of speech in many parts of the western world. We value the right to lie higher than the right to know the truth.
I think it's the opposite. People are always quick to find a boogeyman whenever it comes to something that society detests, politically motivated or not.
When Columbine happened, weren't people quick to blame video games? In addition, music, comics, movies, and books get blamed for violence all the time. Weren't there supposed to be mass-shootings following, or during, the showings of Joker?

Because of the long history of violence being blamed on false causes, I have to conclude that this is the deflection, as opposed to mental illness being the deflection. If I had to guess, I would think that society sees mental illness as being too difficult of a problem to solve, and therefore, they need a weaker beast to hunt.

Consider this: if there were no mentally ill people, would conspiracy theories still be able to persuade people into doing horrible things? I don't think so.

Think of mental illness as the nourishment that conspiracy boogeymen need in order to survive. If you take away the food, the boogeyman will starve to death. Two birds have been killed with one stone.

I somewhat agree with you about freedom of speech. In an ideal world where the truth can be accurately determined, lies should be forbidden. I don't think this is feasible for any government, however, so having an "open marketplace of ideas" is the next best thing.

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Raped and killed an underage girl, actually. Not a child per se, but 16 or 17. I know this for a fact and I can't fuckin' wait for the rest of the world to find out.
I'm not saying I would put it past him or any other politician, but I would be interested to know what you are basing this claim off of.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
I'm not saying I would put it past him or any other politician, but I would be interested to know what you are basing this claim off of.
Better to send you a private message. This is not the place for this type of discussion.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sometimes I think humanity is doomed.
Can the human traffickers take her away please? I'll be more than happy to look the other way and anyone else that's like-minded exactly like her. She looks like one of those people that constantly tells themselves that they're smart, pretty, or "funny/clever".

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
A lot of people in the US firmly believe the devil exists and is powerful and a lot of people also believe the government is always out to get them and the people who believe in either or both are bound to end up believing some very strange things. So, good luck with all that.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
A lot of people in the US firmly believe the devil exists and is powerful and a lot of people also believe the government is always out to get them and the people who believe in either or both are bound to end up believing some very strange things. So, good luck with all that.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Bartholomew

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2021
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
“Atrocities are easier to commit if respect for the victim can be neutralized. For this reason, humiliation handed out by those with power can be ominous. The link between humiliation and atrocity is often found.” - Jonathan Glover, Humanity: A Moral History of the Twentieth Century

Reactions: Leg End

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
And to paraphrase Paul Heyman, 3 people died and only one had the choice fuck him.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
“Atrocities are easier to commit if respect for the victim can be neutralized. For this reason, humiliation handed out by those with power can be ominous. The link between humiliation and atrocity is often found.” - Jonathan Glover, Humanity: A Moral History of the Twentieth Century
Just as well the USA kicked Donald Trump out of the White House, then.