Queen Elizabeth II, Longest Reigning Monarch of England/UK, Dies

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

deeply disturbed society, frankly

I think I've heard it was "Lizzy's in a box!" at Irish sporting events
I'm honestly a little surprised no one's busted out "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead". Like when Thatcher died I swear that was a big thing for a while.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

I'm honestly a little surprised no one's busted out "Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead". Like when Thatcher died I swear that was a big thing for a while.
That one belongs to Ms. Thatcher by law, I think

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Gotta admit, I don't see the point

This doesn't shock me. I mean, the Advanced Wars Port/Remake for Switch is still pending because of the Ukraine war....which started 6 months ago.

So apparently that game won't come out until either Ukraine falls or Russia is pushed out because Nintendo.

And they have closed the queue! Five miles! Deranged! I think there's a lesson here for all the snooty Brits who laughed at the weird devotion of the people chanting at Trump's rallies.

Also, this is just an amusingly cropped headline:
View attachment 7028
See this is why having a 2nd set of eyes are a good thing. Unless it's supposed to be hilarious.

What am I even reading?

I mean, I know it's a sports game but really? No one is allowed to have fun because the queen is dead?

Last edited:

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Ah man I hope they go with Lock her up! Lock her up!
You jest, but consider this a fun reminder that in the 1800s they did, in fact, lock up coffins in an iron cage (a "mortsafe") because graverobbers kept stealing the corpses to sell to medical schools. Coincidentally, this is also about the same time that the oldest known patents for safety coffins (coffins with a mechanism to alert people that you've been buried alive) were filed.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Well channel 4 are pissing me off now. They are not showing adverts today as a mark of respect to the queen. But instead of just showing uncut programs and putting more programs on to fill the extra time, there is just a black screen with the message that they aren't showing adverts. Which is actually more annoying than actual adverts.

Thank God I have to work today and can avoid most of this. Only a day or two of this grotesque spectacle to suffer through and then everything can go back to normal.

What am I even reading?

I mean, I know it's a sports game but really? No one is allowed to have fun because the queen is dead?
No. No we are not.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Well channel 4 are pissing me off now. They are not showing adverts today as a mark of respect to the queen.
It's good that they're finally admitting how many everyday things are inherently disrespectful to the queen. I'm surprised she was so offended by the Co-op being open every day, but who knows the mind of a monarch?

Reactions: Dalisclock and Kwak

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Can anyone check their copy of Debretts and let me know whether I'm allowed to hang my washing out, and if so what is a respectful height for the line? The lawn's wet and I don't want to look like a nu-metal kid that been standing in a puddle when I put my jeans on.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
If the Queen comes back from the dead, is she still the Queen, or has the title passed to Charles and that's it?