Question about a Movie

motelseti35

Nov 3, 2020
Sometime back i read about a movie(getting produced/ in discussion) whose plot is as follows
A scientist builds an anti-gravity device and since government does not want this technology to come out, they jail him. The jail contains scientists/engineers who discovered/invented some path breaking technologies. The jail was designed by a similarly overly intelligent scientist. And the main plot of the movie is about how these brilliant Scientists/Engineers escape the jail.

Anyone has any idea of the status of this movie.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Sometime back i read about a movie(getting produced/ in discussion) whose plot is as follows
A scientist builds an anti-gravity device and since government does not want this technology to come out, they jail him. The jail contains scientists/engineers who discovered/invented some path breaking technologies. The jail was designed by a similarly overly intelligent scientist. And the main plot of the movie is about how these brilliant Scientists/Engineers escape the jail.

Well there was one about a revolutionary energy device and the government trying to seize all control of it.

That was Atlas Shrugged Part 2 so maybe it's that?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Well there was one about a revolutionary energy device and the government trying to seize all control of it.

Wait, someboday gave them enough money to make Part 2? After what they released for Part 1?

motelseti35

Nov 3, 2020
issue got solved!!

Edit: Link removed - mod

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Unfortunately, of all the dumb-ass things on which an author bases their science fiction bore-a-thon upholding an ultra-materialist and rationalist philosophy, Rand had Galt invent a form of perpetual motion machine. Failing at the first hurdle (as well as all the others).

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That looks like a very dodgy link inserted into comment #7.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Especially since it's a quote of the OP...which doesn't have that link in it.
Exactly. New(-ish) user, 2 posts both here, strange link. It's been a long time since I accessed my router, but it looks like the generic router address. But it directs to what to my inexpert knowledge seems to be a web address. And I'm certainly not stupid enough to click on links to very strange looking web addresses.

Incidentally, I reported #7 - I figure the mods can decide whether it's unsafe and remove it if necessary.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Unfortunately, of all the dumb-ass things on which an author bases their science fiction bore-a-thon upholding an ultra-materialist and rationalist philosophy, Rand had Galt invent a form of perpetual motion machine. Failing at the first hurdle (as well as all the others).
hey the anime Giant Robo is built on the clean energy device idea it's not that much of a stupid idea.

Reactions: Piscian