question (about Vegetarianism in Mideast and Africa)

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
I think the reason people pretends Middle-Eastern and African Vegetarians/Vegans that aren't Israeli Jews and White South Africans respectively (ethnic-wise) never existed is: they can be Racists that values human life less than animal life?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Not understanding this question either anymore than the muggle cannibal one.

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
Thaluikhain said:
Not understanding this question either anymore than the muggle cannibal one.
I has elaborated this

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I can't figure out OP's point, but all of my different interpretations are pretty highly offensive.

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
SupahEwok said:
I can't figure out OP's point, but all of my different interpretations are pretty highly offensive.
I mean (people thinks) Israeli Jews and White South Africans monopolizes Vegetarian and Vegan populations in Middle-east and Africa respectively

it also offends even me

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Masonicon said:
SupahEwok said:
I mean (people thinks) Israeli Jews and White South Africans monopolizes Vegetarian and Vegan populations in Middle-east and Africa respectively

it also offends even me
So let me see if I've got this right. There are people out there that think the only people who are Vegan/Vegetarians in the Middle East are Jews and the only ones in South Africa are white, and you think that they think this because those people think that Israeli Jews and white South Africans value the lives of people less than the lives of animals?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I'm not aware of anyone who made assumptions about vegetarianism and veganism in the Middle East and Africa.

In practice, vegetarianism was very rare in the old days - I think there's evidence of a few individuals not liking meat, but the only place I can think where there was some sort of cultural vegetarianism was India - I think connected with Jainism.

Until recently, humans didn't have the luxury to do without meat, because they needed the nutrition where they could get it; meat (including fish) was effectively an essential part of diet. In India, as above, anaemia was a problem amongst many of their vegetarians.

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
TrulyBritish said:
Masonicon said:
SupahEwok said:

it also offends even me
So let me see if I've got this right. There are people out there that think the only people who are Vegan/Vegetarians in the Middle East are Jews and the only ones in Africa are white South Africans, and you think that they think this because those people think that Israeli Jews and white South Africans value the lives of people less than the lives of animals?
not always the case. and it's either media propaganda that make (people thinks) Middle-Eastern and African Vegetarians/Vegans are nothing but Israeli Jews and White South Africans respectively

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
There might be a discussion if and only if you source your claim. "People thinking" something is a flimsy basis.

Masonicon

Legacy
Apr 14, 2011
Country
Indonesia
McElroy said:
There might be a discussion if and only if you source your claim. "People thinking" something is a flimsy basis.
https://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190617131824AAojRE5