Question of the Day, April 15, 2010

Mar 30, 2010
My decision to sell games is always based on whether or not I still derive enjoyment from playing it, rather than how rare it is or how much I'd get. If I still play a game, I'll hang onto it. If I don't play it anymore, I'll sell it on (usually to a mate for a couple of pints).

One important exception to that rule: Total Annihilation. I've got the original and the two add-on packs and they are not leaving my possession unless they are wrenched from my cold, dead hands!

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
I don't know.
If its price goes high enough then maybe.
But...if im not satisfied with it then NO DEAL.

The only Rare game i think i have is Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening.
I should probably check my collection online.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
I still have an unopened Chrono Trigger from when I was a kid (I got my hands on two somehow and kept one unopened) and I will NEVER sell it.

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
i love my video games, but everyone one of them has a price. the amount of useful things i could do with that kind of money far outweighs the value of a game.

side note, the prices are so high because the boxes and packaging are included as well. most games on their own are worth a lot less. therefore sell the complete package for lots of money then buy the game alone for a lot less... PROFIT

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
I think I would. Perhaps it is because it is so hard for me to find work....

But anyway, I think I would part with Legend of Dragoon, or perhaps even any one of my SNES games. Even my old Starfox.

We all have our price. You just need to be in the right category.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
I am holding on to a shrink wrapped Final Fantasy (1) for the NES. I don't want to sell it and I intend to keep it., but the right price would have to be right... right?

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
I have one rare game: Big Rigs Over the Road Racing :)

Don't have any idea how much it would sell for, since I can't find a single copy for sale anywhere.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
For the right price I could probably do anything, including selling rare games

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
At this current moment I would not sell my copy of Radiant Silvergun (which is the rarest game I own and not worth all that much really, just 200 about? maybe?) However, in the future, I may consider it, even if it's not worth all that much. It's just going to have to be a fairly distant future where I won't play it anymore.

Now... if it was worth 30k... I'd consider it. Though likely I'd get it insured first.

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
I wouldn't sell it if I could still play it and still enjoyed playing it. But if it's just sitting there and I'm not charging admission for people to see it, and it's just some old game I found.. and the right price came along, then I'd sell it. Otherwise, I'm keeping it.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Well, the rarest I own is a copy of ff7, thats a good 60 bucks, but i dont sell final fatnasy games, just somthing i dont do.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I probably wouldn't because I hoard all of my games and consoles, unless of course one of them was worth a ridiculous amount of money but I don't think any of them are. However I found out the other day that the Zelda GBA SP is quite rare as it was only available in Europe and limited to 25000 consoles, and I have one sitting on my TV cabinet. The last time I saw one on eBay it was £400.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I'd do it. I don't get that sentimental about games. I doubt I own anything rare though.

Music, that's another matter.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
did it, and it was a bad call... I miss my genesis and its games a lot *cries in corner*