Question of the Day, April 15, 2010

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
If i had one i'd prolly sell it if i could get that kind of money for it.
heck, i'd be willing to sell any game for 500$ unless it was because i know i could get more money for it from someone else.

Flionk

Nov 5, 2007
I don't actually have any individual games that could be considered rare or valuable, but I could probably get a decent amount of money from my collection just by sheer volume. I have a good 80 NES carts, all of which still work and most of which are in mint condition even, plus handful of peripherals. But I would only consider selling them if I actually needed the money, and even then it'd be one of my last resorts - I'm enough of a collector that I wouldn't part with them without serious consideration.

Though it's only that collectors value and the geek cred of owning them that stop me. As for the games themselves, selling the carts wouldn't stop me from being able to play them - the internet has made sure that old games will always be available to find and play again, sometimes even legally!

StarofAzura

Lady Nerevarine
Mar 22, 2010
Yes, for the right price in the right situations. If I were starving, no way I'd hang on to something that could feed me and my family if I sold it. That's just stupid.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I don't think I have ever sold a game. There was one time I let someone barrow a game and then I never saw it again. I don't let people barrow anything anymore.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
I have trouble selling games that I don't even like, how would I ever manage to sell a game knowing that I might never play it again.

But if I didn't like the game, yet it was extreemly rare and valuable (for arguments sake lets say this game is Quake 4) I might sell it to buy several game I do want.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
I don't really have any "rare" games, the oldest ones I got would be on the SNES, but they are still amazing (most of them), and I still play them, actually. Love kicking me dad's arse at Kirby's Dream Course XD

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Maybe if i was offered a good amount of money for it...(something over a couple grand would do) but then i'd eventually regret it because my inner child would kick in and want to play it.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Depends... the rarest game that I have is probably Shadow of the Collosus or my Limited Edition of Oblivion... I might sell them for enough once they gain value, but I don't know... I rarely sell games.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Like many, the answer is, what game and how much? Actualy there's a third question: is there any other way to play it? Collectors can be morons buying something that has a cheaper alternative. If soeone wanted to pay me $100 for something I could buy a DS or PSN version of, I'd happily take their money.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I'd do it in a heartbeat, but sadly I don't think I own any games that are that valuable.

Jaqen Hghar

Feb 11, 2009
Only if I got silly amounts of money for it.

It's not like I have many rare games anyway. I did managed to procure a copy of 9 (nine) not that long ago though. That is pretty rare. I bet not one other person here have that game, 'cause it was pretty hard to get. It amazed me that it didn't cost silly amounts of money really.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Sure. Most of the rare games aren't that good and are rare because only a few copies were made.

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
Ready have. A copy of Ocarina of Time: Master Quest for the gamecube for a solid 30 dollars. I bought it from the same shop for 5.

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
I think the answers are unfairly phrased and may slide the opinion into the "Yes" castegory. Saying "for the right price" allowes the reader to imagine technicaly any price for his game and as such I think most people would put "Yes".

Just sayin'