Question of the Day, April 20, 2010

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
No, I'm not too excited about Black and White, but that's probably because I just got Soul Silver. :p

Either way, though, I'm still going to get it. Sure, I'm getting the feeling of "Enough is enough" for the franchise, but I get so addicted to it when I get it, I can't say no to it again. I NEED IT!!!

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
Can't really use any of the poll options. I'd be excited about it if I had a DS, but I don't, and never will. So, no, I'm not looking forward to it, but it's not because pokemon is rubbish, it's because I'm miserly.

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
I have not completed a pokemon game since Pokemon: Blue, and have only ever owned two others, my brother's copy of Red and my own copy of Diamond. Considering the games haven't done anything new gameplay wise since conception and only cosmetic changes have been at the forefront of the developer's minds I am thinking that nothing new will come from this iteration.

Magic: The Gathering card game has been around longer than Pokemon and has manged to construct new rules, settings, stories, and even streamlined the core rule system with every release of a new set, and that is a card game with a development team of dozens, not a digital monstrosity with a development staff of hundreds.

Innovation is the key to making a franchise last and function, rather that the alternative which is stagnation and bloating.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
didn't we just get a pokemon game. there all the same and yet i get one from each series. whats wrong with me?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Sorry... no, it's just another Pokemon game. Don't get me wrong, I do think they are quality games but come on, this is just ridiculous now.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
I'm certainly going to get it, (probably Black, if only to go with my set of black DS stuff), even if I don't like any of new monster designs, I'll probably get loads of enjoyment out of it.
If they include enough of my favourites from older generations, then all the better, hopefully it won't end up like my team in Platinum which was very much lacking in anything Sinnoh-related.
Not counting the days though, as that will only remind me that's it about a year away. Better to let it sneak up on me and worry about it when the release date actually gets close.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Ever since I picked up the newest available one and had dual reminiscences about playing the original with my cousin and about playing ridiculous minigames on the Dreamcast's goofy little memory card sucker, I've rekindled my excitement about RPG's in general and Pokemon specifically. I forgot how... well, pleasant the game was, and it's really pulled me under.

In other words, yes, I'm looking forward to it.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I don't own a DS and I proably won't buy one in the near future. I got tired of Pokemon as a whole. It's always the same thing with the game and Nostalgia isn't keeping the flame alive for me.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I'm kind of irritated by the graphics. If they did a 3D pokemon game on one of the big consoles, or, better yet, the computer, I'd be excited. On the DS 3D pokemon just doesn't seem to work too well, judging from what I've seen so far.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I'm just now starting to ease myself back into Pokemon after being on a pokemon hiatus after yellow so i'll eventually pick this one up.

Keslen

I don't care about titles.
Jan 23, 2010
If I could (theoretically) buy the game, lock myself in a room with no internet connection (no, I'd never actually do that, but it fits as a hypothetical situation) and emerge a month or so later having caught every single pokemon, then the franchise could possibly appeal to me.

I love collection type games. I hate collection type games where, no matter what I do, I will never be able to fill in all the blank spots. Sure, I could track down someone who has the other version of the game and I could attend a whole bunch of special events around the world and I could shell out a lot more cash than I paid for the game, but quite frankly none of those things appeal to me.

Give me a pokemon game that I can play and complete and then I'll be intrigued. Until then, it's a solid "meh" from me.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
Im still working on HeartGold, and I had just finished up the Elite Four in Pearl before HG came out. I really want to get Pokemon White/Black, whichever one, but I'll probably be a bit burned out on playing the games for a bit.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Yeah. I'm pretty much obligated to buy any new Pokemon games since my little brother likes them. He always likes to play games with me, but you'd be surprised by how few decent multiplayer games there are (at least ones that don't require a second console to play). Especially when you are not willing to push the boundaries on what is considered age appropriate for a 10 year old. Since I enjoy the Pokemon games and he does as well, we always buy the new ones to play together.

So I will be buying it. Am I personally excited for it? Well not really. But that's only because details are still pretty scarce. Once more is shown about the game I'll probably begin to anticipate it more.