Question of the Day, April 20, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, April 20, 2010

The new video of Pokemon Black & White shows off its new full 3d environments. Are you counting down the days until its release?

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
It just seems confusing as anything. I think I would get lost too easily in that game.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
It's been a while since I've been excited in a Pokemon release.

I'm happy to say that I'm eagerly awaiting these two.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I can't say I was even aware of it coming out to be honest. I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold and Silver were released, so now that I am aware of them, I shall have to say no.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
OMG POKEMON OMG GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!!!1!ONE!

OT: Ya, pretty excited about it.

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
Sold my DSi bc i didn't foresee any games me wanting to play. One of the games i picked up while i had it was Platinum and i wasn't impressed so all of it got sold.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
The 3D thing looks very impressive, I'll give them that. But I doubt that the innovation extends much further than that aspect, so it's still meh. Of the Pokemon games I only bought Sapphire and Leaf Green, and Sapphire was kinda pushing it when it comes to original new pokemon, and Diamond/Pearl could not motivate me to buy a new Nintendo portable. Black/White probably won't either.

Crossborder

Oct 16, 2008
Nah. I recently tried Soulsilver and it wasn't very impressive. I think my rational thinking is winning from my Nostalgia glasses on this one.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I am looking forward to whatever new changes they've made, if any, besides presentation. I've been out of the game for so long, anything different is welcome.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I wouldnt say its something I cant live without, but, after only recently getting back into the series, and, thel ook of the new one im curious to see what else will change!

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
I can't really say that I'm happy with Pokemon these days, but I can't say that I hate the series nor can I discount how much of an impact it has had (I bet you all know the words to the original theme song by heart). I'm probably going to check out the list of pokemon included before I actually even consider picking it up (I'm actually curious about their legendaries. What are the going to have that beats a god?).

I Resurection I

Sep 2, 2009
Meh, all my friends will be getting one of them because they all got heart gold or soul silver. I'm just not that into pokemon anymore.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Announce new Eevee evolutions, and I'm sold.

I'm actually sold already, but then I'd be MORE sold.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Big ol' meh from me.

Pokemon is about as exciting as Mario is to me.

The first couple of games were okay, but they've really got to just toss in the towel on this franchise.

Darkwolf9

Aug 19, 2008
I have to admit, if I had a 3DS I would probably pick it up. I picked meh only because I don't and I'm not going to go and buy one just for it. Nice try Nintendo!

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Pokemon's concept has always been good, but Nintendo's execution has left a little lacking. The game hasn't evolved much since the original, so most gamers get bored, leaving the game to those of us with a collector's fixation, only to find the cruel joke that you can't "catch em all" because some are japan only, or require jumping though hoops that can be at best daunting and pricy, at worst, very unreasonable.