Question of the Day, April 3, 2010

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Julianking93 said:
I didn't cheat on you, I said he raped me!

*cries on shoulder*
There there, I just never edited my post *gives Julian gun* that should help you not get raped again

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Only for my mii and x-box avatar, when ever I make a character for a game, I want something completely different.

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
my in game avatars are usually inspired by me. the pic on the left is actually a decent likeness. although my hairs longer now...

AgentChunk

Jul 27, 2009
I used to make my avatar look like me but lately I keep on making them look like wild west outlaws for some reason.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
No. I'm ugly and I'm not particularly fond of the idea of seeing myself get repeatably beat and killed during the game. I make characters that are aesthetically pleasing and fit some nebulous ideal version of handsomeness I have (I guess) but they generally look more like a generic action hero then anything else. I kind of like having a character I can connect to but is different from me. weird.

Lineoutt

Sock Hat
Jun 26, 2009
Jaredin said:
Usually try to get thesame facial apperance where I can.

I generally feel more empathy towards a character if they look similar to myself...also helps me with the emersion
ditto

OT: In single player non-online games I often make my toons dudes though because I prefer looking at them (the girl toons in stuff like fallout 3 or mass effect or dragon age dont feel like they dont belong there and thus also look weird and blocky).

In multiplayer games I almost always make girl toons and im not really sure why.

I guess it comes down to how the starting avatar looks. If its too blocky and don't seem like me at all then I tend to avoid it. But if its prettier or at least alive-looking (see WoW humans, trolls, b-elfs. Only that one face on humans tho... and trolls...) then yah I'll make it a mini-me.

PS. Sorry for my unorganized thoughts

ZomgSharkz

Aug 4, 2008
It really depends...I tried to make my Xbox Live avatar look like me, as well as my Fallout 3 avatar, but my current avatar in Oblivion is a cat-man, and my characters in WoW are green man, dead man, and another dead man. Sometimes it's a bit hard to make them look like me.

ilikepie59

Dec 4, 2008
I've tried a few times, but even if the character creation is really detailed, and it would be entirely possible, I can never manage to get him anything like me.

After failing at that, I generally just try to make them look cool.

I would love to do it if I could, but I guess I don't have an eye for these kinds of things.

CovertCell

Nov 4, 2009
I tried to but it would look stupid afterwards so I'd change it. In RPGs I make female characters now seeing as so many games I have are all male leads. In other games it depends.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
I never make a character look like me, mostly as I don't have the skill and also can't be bothered as it would probably take hours.

I'm an avid fan of mashing random and adjusting the odd slider with a large effect to tweak it a bit.
Saves on time and with some games you don't often have to see your own face, if at all, anyway.

Then again I don't often go out of way to take something different, I likk sticking to a norm (if possible, Argonians certainly aren't going to look like you however much you try).