Question of the Day, August 27, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, August 27, 2010

Continuing with this week's theme of annoying sidekicks, let's take a look at which games would have been better off without one. How would you have fixed the sidekick to make the game more enjoyable?

konor77

Aug 26, 2009
the adoring fan served no purpose he was just there, the others were annoying but at least had a reason to exist.

Wes1180

Wes1180
Jul 25, 2009
I picked the adoring fan but I think without him, we would not have someone to hate, throw off cliffs etc.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Oblivion. It dosnt need one - Just need a sword and some magic!

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I'll say the adoring fan in oblivion. It was funny to kill him in many diffenent ways however the fact that I wanted him dead so many times says to me that I would have found it better if he wasn't there.

My personal favourite.

Mar 30, 2010
The Adoring Fan from Oblivion wasn't annoying at all. He's perfect for ramping up melee skills, for example....

OT: My annoying sidekick vote goes to Dom from Gears 2. I'm guessing I don't even need to explain why,
I got so sick of hearing him ***** and moan about his missus that if he hadn't killed her I sure as hell would've.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Daxter is a fantastic sidekick! One of the best of all time!

He doesn't deserve to be on this list!

OT:

Get rid of Zeke. From Infamous.

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
The adoring fan is very useless, but he does have his place in the game. I think the game doesn't need him, but it's good that he is there, as a small but irritating detail.

Whoever your brother is in Call of Juarez BiB is my vote for the most useless piece of crap on earth. In theory, a character that has pretty much the opposite skills as you is a very good idea. But, instead your brother runs around getting spotted, never really shoots anyone and doesn't follow you, leading to his random instadeaths if you leave his nearby proximity to use actual tactics.

Elburzito

Feb 18, 2009
The Adoring fan from Oblivion. I swear, If I ever hear "Azura" again, I'm fucking killing myself.

Guest_Star

Jul 25, 2010
The companions in Fallout 3. Outside the excort missions I never bothered with companions since they cramped my style.
Even left Dogmeat outside the Vault for the most of the game.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
navi annoyed the piss out of me, but was extremely necessary i suppose. all in all, i think any game that has the sidekick, needs the sidekick for at least story telling purposes. i can't really, off the top of my head, think of one that didn't serve a valuable purpose to the game.