Question of the Day, August 31, 2010

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Kerrigan or Aldaris. Either way would be awesome :)

Raynor and Tychus would be kinda cool too!

EDIT: Just read about Tassadar and now my vote goes to that.

crazy-j

Sep 15, 2008
wtf why was zeratul not on there? mind you a kerrigan film would be pretty cool

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
I voted Duke. Why? Because I'm wary of the transfer to movies, and his story gives them little room to mess with canon, but also because he could use a little development, culminating in the attack on his base by Kerrigan during the Brood Wars (the epic "go-down-fighting" scene).

Why is Kerrigan winning? Fanservice. Can your really tell me what practical purpose her high-heel spikes serve? No, you can't, because they're just there to make her look sexy. That's one of the things I really don't like about the second game.

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Zuljeet said:
I want a story on the guy in the cantina saying "I ain't werkin. ah'm drinkin." The Kerrigans, Raynors, etc. are all getting their stories covered (or in Kerrigan's case covered to death) in the games. Give us someone nobody knows much about who has to deal with the fallout of the wars, callous decisions, and power-grubbing that goes on in the Starcraft universe.
Have you read the first three novels? They take place on a smaller scale and have a more personal focus. The first, Liberty's Crusade is my favorite.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
Kerrigan's story would be best. SC2 is Raynor's story.

But Edmund Duke would be pretty cool to learn more about.

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
I chose Other, I think we should see Samir Duran's story. It should be fucking epic.

May 25, 2010
How about none? Enough with the games being movies thing that's going on.

But speaking of Starcraft, I'd like to see Blizzard explore the character of Tassadar some more (not necessarily in a movie).

He was the only Protoss who wasn't brain damaged, and didn't follow any stupid traditions and became immensely powerful by gaining both High and Dark Templar powers.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Kerrigan or Taassadar, as they both have fairly intresting ones - And Tassadar's would be such an epic ending!

LokiSeto

KUL Member
Jan 25, 2008
I chose Arcturus Mengsk because through the book itself we see a clear path a man who had everything, break free from his family, do what he wants and then loses the famiyl and builds his life upwards from that. He's a very tragic character but also very charismatic. I'd like to see this movie and not to have it show that Arcturus is just a "bad guy" because honestly he isn't. He's a guy whose trying to balance so much out there and he's incredibly smart about what he's trying to do (case in point would be the end of SC2).

I just want to see a movie where he isn't a bad guy but gives us some sympathy or some reason to look at this guy and not always go for Raynor. Good and Evil aren't as cut and dry as we'd like and this kind of a movie would show that and could potentially show us all the other characters as well (except Protoss).

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Tassadar, for sure.

Failing that, Mengsk would be my second pick. Watching him warp from freedom-fighter to tyrant from his own point-of-view would be interesting. Not to mention we'd be hearing that awesome voice all the time.

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
Kerrigan, Mengsk and Raynor. Then again, you can't tell their stories seperately.

himemiya1650

Jan 16, 2010
Clearly Kachinsky, Cade, Thatcher and Hall is where its at. In all seriousness though Mengsk would probably be it, treachery and greed are always makes a good storyline.

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
I'd like New Kerrigan (people who have completed the game know what I mean), Jim Raynor, Zeratul, Artanis and Mohandar, and Immortals, lots of them. Oh, and Duran! Preferably solving the Xel'Naga problem and dealing with the Korhal government.
Also, why is there no Zeratul option?

daz_O_O

Click me I'm here!
Aug 27, 2008
bibblles said:
never played SC2. so i vote for a movie based around a random zergling, preferably one that gets killed quiclky.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/374720742#1
There's the screenplay all written out!

OT: Duran could be a good choice if the film was made after the end of SCII, he's one badass mofo and it'll be cool to see his real origins on the big screen.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Stormpigeon said:
The problem with this is that they'd either have to rethink how to do a sequel, or follow the zerg campaign. And that would be really hard, since all the characters are giant psychic worms.

Also;
Clearly, Tassadar has failed us
If the first one was a big enough hit to make a sequel, they would probably continue with that character that they used in the first one.

So if they did Raynor as the main character and pretty much told the story of the terran campaign. Chances are, they would do a second one with the same main character, possibly telling the story through the Terrans eyes.

Lord of the rings was easy to make because the elves, hobbits, dwarves and humans all were human looking enough that we could relate to them despite them having pointy ears or hairy feet. Directors and writers often stray from that aspect because they feel that there needs to be a human-like character that the readers/viewers can relate too when it comes to fantasy.

That's why I find it kind of hard to believe that they would make a movie based on the Protoss or zerg for the first Starcraft movie. They are not only aiming to please starcraft fans but try to get views from outside of the fanbase as well, so in order to do that, they would need to throw a human in there that will learn about the Zerg and Protoss for the first time so outside viewers can do the same.

Avatar, the main characters are these blue alien creatures, how did they introduce them? Through a human. Same with *sneers* Twilight, Transformers, Aliens Vs Predator and possibly many other movies/stories/cartoons that I can't remember at this time.

It really sucks that it always ends up like this, but sadly it does... I personally wish it didn't, but I know that most of those movies wouldn't have been as successful as they were if they didn't..